Lens Comparison Table
|Canon 50mm f/1.8 STM||$125||Portrait|
|Canon 24mm f/2.8 STM||$129||Travel/portrait|
|Canon 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM||$299||Telephoto|
|Canon 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM||$799||Travel zoom|
For all that, what's the best zoom lens for Canon?
The best Canon lenses in 2020Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II USM. A great telephoto zoom for both Canon EF-S and EF DSLRs. ... Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM | C. ... Canon EF-M 55-200mm f4. ... Canon RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM. ... Tamron 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5 Di II VC HLD. ... Sigma 14-24mm f/2.8 DG HSM | A. ... Canon EF-M 11-22mm f4-5.6 IS STM. ... Canon RF 15-35MM f/2.8L IS USM.
As a result, what type of lens does Canon 80d use? One of the best lenses you can use with the Canon EOS 80D DSLR camera body is the Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM. This ultra-wide-angle zoom lens is ideal for use with the Canon 80D because it can capture the widest range of view possible.
Apart from this, is the 80d a professional camera?
The Canon EOS 80D is an enthusiast-level DSLR, and the successor to the 70D. It sports a new 24MP APS-C CMOS sensor which, like the 70D, offers Canon's Dual Pixel on-sensor phase-detection autofocus system. Video is a major part of the 80D's total package. ...
Is 80d good for photography?
All in all, while the Canon 80D feels more evolutionary than revolutionary, it's an all-around excellent DSLR with a good combination of image quality, advanced features, great build quality, and a good price point. It's a great still camera, and Canon's Dual-Pixel autofocus is unbeatable for video.
Canon EF-S 55-250mm F4-5.6 IS STM Lens for Canon SLR Cameras
- Focal length and maximum aperture: 55-250mm 1:4-5.6
- Closest focusing distance: 0.85m/2.8 ft.
- Lens construction: 15 elements in 12 groups
- Diagonal angle of view: 27 Degree 50 ft. - 6 Degree 15 ft.
- Rear focus system
Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III Telephoto Zoom Lens for Canon SLR Cameras
Opteka 650-1300mm (with 2X- 1300-2600mm) Telephoto Zoom Lens for Canon EF-Mount EOS 90D, 80D, 77D, 70D, 60D, 50D, 7D, 6D, 5D, 5DS, 1DS, T8, T8i, T7i, T7s, T7, T6s, T6i, T6, T5, SL3, SL2 DSLR Cameras
- ADVANCED OPTICS - Featuring an optimized design, this lens uses a series of 6 optical glass elements (one SD super-low dispersion) in 5 groups to reduce chromatic and spherical aberrations throughout the aperture range. A high definition anti-reflective coating suppresses lens flare and ghosting for increased contrast and color fidelity.
- SUPER ZOOM - 650-1300mm or 1300-2600mm with the 2x converter, this lens is not only a superb long range choice, but also performs well in a variety of scenes from sports and surveillance to lunar shots.
- SOLID CONSTRUCTION - Full metal body and rear mount allow this lens to withstand wear and tear much better than plastic lenses while commanding a rugged, solid feel when using.
- MANUAL FOCUSING - This lens has preset f-stops that correspond with the focal length at which you are shooting. An index for distance and diaphragm scale is inscribed on the lens barrel to coordinate focal length and aperture.
- COMPATIBILITY - Can be used on all Canon EOS EF-Mount full frame and APS-C cameras including 90D, 80D, 77D, 70D, 60D, 50D, 40D, 30D, 20D, 10D, 7D, 6D, 5D, 1D, Rebel T8i, T8, T7i, T7s, T7, T6i, T6s, T6, T5i, T5, T4i, T3i, T3, T2i, T1i, SL3, SL2, and SL1.
Tamron Auto Focus 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 Di LD Macro Zoom Lens for Canon Digital SLR Cameras (Model A17E)
- 9 Groups, 13 Elements Lens Construction
- Rotation Type of Zooming
- 9 Diaphragm Blade Number
- F/32 Minimum Aperture
- 59 inch Minimum Focus Distance (1.5m) in normal setting, 37.4 inch (0.95m) in macro mode f=180mm-300mm range
Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Standard Zoom Lens for Canon Digital SLR Cameras (New, White box)
- 18 135mm lens with f3.5 f.5.6 aperture; for use with APS C cameras
- 35mm equivalent to 29mm 216mm focal length range
- Dedicated image stabilization
- Lens construction of 16 elements in 12 groups
- Compatible with 67mm filters
High-Power 500mm/1000mm f/8 Manual Telephoto Lens for Canon EOS 80D, EOS 90D, Rebel T3, T3i, T4i, T5, T5i, T6, T7 T6i, T6s, T7i, SL1, SL2, EOS 60D, 70D, 77D, 5D III, 5D IV, EOS 6D, 7D, 7D II Camera
- Compatible with the following cameras - Canon Digital EOS Rebel T1i, T2i, T3, T3i, T4i, T5, T5i, T6, T7, T6i, T6s, T7i, SL1, SL2, EOS60D, 70D, 77D, 80D, 50D, 40D, 30D, EOS 5D, EOS1D, EOS5D III, EOS 5D IV, EOS 5Ds, EOS 6D, EOS 7D, EOS 7D Mark II Digital SLR Cameras
- High-power 500mm telephoto focal length - Includes T-mount adapter for digital and 35mm Canon EOS SLR cameras
- High index, low-dispersion multi-coated optical glass to reduce flare
- 2X Teleconverter doubles the power of your lens to 1000mm.
- Filter thread: 67mm
Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II USM Lens
- Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II USM Lens
- Front-focusing method with helicoid ring drive
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Free shipping on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 48 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Lens for Canon DSLR Cameras, Lens Only
- 17-55mm wide-angle zoom lens with f/2.8 maximum aperture for Canon DSLR cameras
- AD and aspherical elements deliver impressive image quality through entire zoom range, Closest focusing distance : 1.15 feet
- Image Stabilizer lens groups shift to compensate for image shake even in dim lighting
- Large circular aperture produces shallow depth of field; ring-type ultra-sonic monitor (USM)
- Measures 3.3 inches in diameter and 4.4 inches long; weighs 22.8 ounces; 1-year warranty
Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM Lens
- EF S ultra wide zoom lens. Drive System Lead screw and rack system driven by stepping motor
- Focal Length and Maximum Aperture: 10 18 millimeter,1:4.5 5.6
- Closest Focusing Distance: 0.72 feet. / 0.22 meter
- Stepping motor for noise free video shooting
- Optical image stabilizer
Ultimaxx 420-800mm (840-1600) f/8.3-16 HD Telephoto Zoom Lens for Canon EOS Rebel APS-C DSLR 60D, 77D, 70D,80D, 650D, 750D, 7D, T7i, T7s, T7, T6s, T6i, T6, T5i, T5, SL2 SL1 Digital SLR Cameras
- Full Frame Format; Super HD Multi-Coated Optics
- Push/Pull Zoom with Integrated Zoom Lock; Fully Manual
- Integrated Rotating Tripod Mount; Filter Size: 62mm
- Aperture Range: F/8.3-16; Weight: 18.3 Oz (520g)
- Compatible with DSLR/SLR Cameras Utilizing a Canon EF-S T-Mount Adapter
10 More Questions Answered
In terms of chip-set technology, the 800D uses a more advanced image processing engine (DIGIC 7) than the 80D (DIGIC 6), with benefits for noise reduction, color accuracy, and processing speed. Even though the 80D has a slightly larger sensor, both cameras offer the same resolution of 24 megapixels.
What are the sharpest lenses for each camera system?
- Sigma's 50mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art and the Zeiss Otus 55mm f/1.4: two of the sharpest lenses currently available.
- Super sharp: Canon 35mm f/1.4 II USM. ...
- Best zoom: Tamron SP 70-200mm f/2.8. ...
- Top value: Canon EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM. ...
- Best wide: Nikon 24mm f/1.8G ED. ...
- Fast fast zoom: Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 Art.
The Best Canon General-Purpose Lens for 2020
- Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Lens.
- Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Lens.
- Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Lens.
- Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM Lens.
- Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art Lens.
Low Light Lenses for Canon Cameras Comparison Table
ProductOverall RatingLow-light performance
|Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM||4.9||4.8|
|Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM||4.6||4.7|
|Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS III USM||4.8||4.8|
|Sigma 14-24mm f/2.8 DG HSM Art||4.6||4.6|
Low light performance for both stills and videos is excellent. It offers a native ISO from ISO 100 to ISO 16,000. According to Cannon specifications, the camera can focus at -3 EV, which is as dark as outdoors during moonlight. Surprisingly, users can film even as high as ISO 6,400 and still have usable footage.
A midrange replacement, or a step up from a beginner DSLR If you're stepping up from a beginner Canon DSLR, the 80D gives you weather sealing to protect against dust and rain, plus longer battery life, faster bursts and a quicker top shutter speed for capturing action.
The EOS 80D is weather sealed—not waterproof. Although the manual doesn't specifically say the camera is “weather sealed”, Canon U.S.A.'s Technical Product Trainer Jon Lorentz said the 80D has “strength, durability, and weather resistance” in Canon's introductory promo video for the 80D back in February, 2016.
Any prosumer level DSLR is good enough for weddings including 80d. Light is a low key affair and hence you must carry fastest of the lenses - bare minimum would be a f2. ... You should invest in additional light to control lighting. A second body with additional lens with any portrait focal length lens is a bonus.
In the long run the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV is the highest quality camera out of the three to purchase. It's image quality is higher, it's capabilities with photos and video are larger and it's overall design is better than the Canon Rebel T7i and the Canon EOS 80D. Its price tag is also higher than the other two.
The Canon EOS 80D is a capable and usable camera. It's not the newest model, but it delivers good image quality. Using it is a pleasure. There are numerous reasons why it might be great for you.