There's so much more to see. To truly capture the feeling of a place, you need a lens wide enough to see the entire scene. Enter the AF-P DX NIKKOR 10-20mm f/4.5-5.6G VR—an ultra-wide-angle zoom lens that's ideal for sprawling landscapes and cityscapes, architecture, interiors or just beautiful group photos.
Secondly, is Sony a6400 a good camera?
For bloggers, vloggers and independent content creators, the Sony A6400 is a dream. Its still image quality is very good, its 4K video is even better, and its 180-degree screen and eye-detect AF are perfect for single-handed video capture.
Just the same, are wide angle lenses worth it? A larger Angle of View The first and the obvious reason for choosing a wide angle lens is the larger angle of view that you get to see and capture. A wide angle lens is an automatic choice when it comes to shooting photos of landscapes, architecture, interiors and of course real estate.
Next, what lens should I buy with Sony a6400?
Top 5 Sony a6400 Lenses
- Sony E PZ 18-105mm f/4 G OSS Lens. Sample Images | Sony E PZ 18-105mm f/4. ...
- Sigma 30mm f/1.4 DC DN Contemporary Prime Lens. Sample Images | Sigma 30mm f1/.4. ...
- 7artisans Photoelectric 35mm f/1.2 Lens. ...
- Tamron Di III RXD 28-75mm f/2.8 Lens. ...
- Rokinon AF 24mm f/2.8 Compact Full Frame Wide-angle Lens.
Do wide angle lenses make things look bigger?
The wide field of view can also cause objects closer to the camera to appear larger, while making objects further away seem smaller. Telephoto lenses, on the other hand, will make you appear a little bit thinner.
Sony E Mount Lens 6.5mm f/2.0 Wide Angle Circular Fisheye for Sony Alpha Mirrorless Camera A6600 A6500 A6400 A6300 A6100 A6000 A5100 A5000 NEX by Altura Photo with Protective Hard Case
- COMPACT: Less than one pound and just 2.4 inches in diameter. Produces circular images with a 190-degree angle of view. Fully manual and gives control over exposure and focus with an aperture range of f/2 to f/22. Great option for video.
- VERSATILE LENS: The 6.5mm Circular fisheye lens is designed for Sony E-Mount APS-C A6600 A6100 A6400 A6500 A6300 A5100 A6000 A5000 NEX-3 NEX-5 NEX-6 NEX-7 mirrorless cameras. It can also be used on full frame A7iii A7Riii A9 A7Sii A7Rii A7ii A7S A7R A7 mirrorless cameras as long as the camera setting is changed to APS-C crop mode.
- QUALITY CONSTRUCTION: Lens multicoating suppresses ghosting and flare and allows for increased contrast and color accuracy in bright and backlit conditions. Lens boasts 6 optical elements in 5 groups. The all metal lens construction is durable and dustproof.
- CUSTOM HARD SHELL CASE: In addition to the 6.5mm Lens, lens cap, and rear lens cap, the scratch resistant hard shell case fits perfectly and keeps your lens safe and secure. Features a premium carbon pattern.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: Backed by Digital GOJA 90-Day Satisfaction Guarantee.
Rokinon 12mm F2.0 NCS CS Ultra Wide Angle Lens Sony E-Mount (NEX) (Black) (RK12M-E)
- Sagittal lines (thick lines) represent the contrast
- This lens is compatible with all APS-C Sony E Mount interchangeable lens cameras
- Nano Crystal Coating System (NCS) for increased light transmission and reduced internal reflections
- Aperture range f2.0-22, Ultra Wide 12mm Fixed Focal Length, minimum focusing distance of 7.9 inches
- Optimized for excellent optical quality and true ultra-wide 110 degree edge to edge coverage with APS-C sensor digital cameras
- Utilizes 3 high precision (2 Aspherical + 1 ED) lens elements for superior image quality
- Built for Mirrorless cameras, takes a 67mm filter size. Focus type : Manual Focus
Sony - E 10-18mm F4 OSS Wide-Angle Zoom Lens (SEL1018),Black
- Angle of View (APS-C) - 109 ° – 76 °
- Minimum focal length of 10 mm (15 mm in 35 mm-camera equivalency)
- Minimum Focus Distance : 0.82 ft (0.25 m), Maximum Magnification ratio : 0.1x
- Superbly detailed images;Aperture Maximum: f/4 ; Minimum: f/22. 35mm equivalent focal-length (APS-C) : 15-27mm
- In-the-box:Hood (ALC-SH123), Lens front cap, Lens rear cap
Meike 12mm F2.8 Ultra Wide Angle Manual Focus Lens for Sony E Mount APS-C Mirrorless Cameras NEX 3 5T NEX 6 7 A6400 A6600 A6000 A6100 A6300 A6500,etc
- Constructed of 12 glass elements in 10 groups with aperture range of f2.8 - f22
- Minimum focusing distance of only 3.94 inches
- Built for Mirror less cameras; takes a 72mm filter size
- Lens Not Attached : MANUAL LENS need you to enable "M mode " or "Release without lens" in the setting of camera
- Includes removable lens hood,lens pouch
Sony SEL16F28 16mm f/2.8 Wide-Angle Lens for NEX Series Cameras
- Lens not Zoomable. Footnotes:"35 mm equivalent focal length (APS-C)" and "Angle of View (APS-C)" are with interchangeable lens digital camera incorporating APS-C type image sensors.
- Minimum Focus Distance : 0.8 ft (0.24 m)
- Maximum Magnification ratio : 0.078x
- Focal Length : 16 mm. Angle of View (APS-C)- 83°. 35 mm equivalent focal length (APS-C)- 24 mm
- Compatible with optional VCL-ECU1 ultra-wide converter and VCL-ECF1 fisheye converter
Sony 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS Alpha E-Mount Retractable Zoom Lens (Bulk Packaging)
- POWER ZOOM for smooth zooming with superb operability and quietness
- ED glass and Aspherical lens elements for excellent performance with reduced aberrations
- Built-in image stabilization
- This lens is designed for Sony ? camera system E-mount cameras. You cannot use it on A-mount cameras
Rokinon RK12M-E-SIL 12mm F2.0 Ultra Wide Angle Fixed Lens for Sony E-mount (NEX) and for Other Cameras
- Note: This is a manual focus lens and the user must operate it in manual mode. Product is for APS-C and not for full frame.
- Focuses to 7.9" (0.2m) and Accepts 67 Filters.
- 98.9 Degree Angle of View / 18mm (35mm Equivalent. Diaphragm blades: 6. Fast f/2.0 Maximum Aperture Benefits Working in Low-Light Conditions
- Nano Coating System (NCS) For Increased Light Transmission and Reduced Internal Reflections
- Utilizes 12 High Precision Glass Lens Elements Including 1 Hybrid Aspherical (H-ASP) + 1 Aspherical (AS) + 1 Low-Dispersion (ED) High Precision Glass Lens Elements For Superior Image Quality
- Lens not Zoomable
Sigma 16mm f/1.4 DC DN Contemporary Lens for Sony E (402965)
- Compatible with Sony E mount cameras
- Perfect for nature & event photography
- Large f/1.4 aperture for superb lowlight performance
- Compact size makes it very portable
- Fully accommodates Fast Hybrid AF
Sony E-mount FE 24mm F1.4 GM Full Frame Wide-angle Prime Lens (SEL24F14GM), Black
- Compact Master wide prime Lens w/stunning wide-open resolution
- F1.4 max aperture provides extraordinary exposure and Depth of field
- G Master design combines extraordinary sharpness and smooth bokeh
- Two XA elements for natural, lifelike high resolution results
- In the box: Hood (ALC-SH154), Lens front cap (ALC-F67S), Lens rear cap (ALC-R1EM), Case
Sony Alpha SAL35F18 35mm f/1.8 A-mount Wide Angle Lens (Black)
- Lens not Zoomable. Change from autofocus to manual focus at the flick of a switch
- DT 35mm f/1.8 Prime Lens (non-zoom)
- ALC-SH111 Solid-circular lens hood
- Front and rear lens cap
- 35 mm equivalent focal length when used with APS-C sensor camera - 52.5
- Angle of View, attached to APS-C-format camera; degrees - 44
3 More Questions Answered
Sony's a6400 is a compact 24MP mirrorless interchangeable lens camera with an APS-C sensor that will serve plenty of photographers from family documentarians to pro shooters looking for a lightweight second body.
I tried to get the a6400
to overheat when recording
video at 4K quality, but to no avail. There is no 29-minute recording
limit, so you'll be able to record
footage until your memory card
fills up or the battery empties.
The camera can shoot up to 120 fps in HD. Any frame rate over 60 fps is a bonus for cinematic slow motion. Slowed down to 24 fps, 120 fps is five times slower. The a6400 gives you two bitrate options for 120 fps: 60 megabits per second and 100 Mbps.