Just brush gently with clear, antibacterial soap, and then rinse in cool or lukewarm water. These are aligners though — not your actual teeth! So, don't use toothpaste or any harsh chemicals to clean them. Toothpaste and chemicals can be abrasive and scratch your aligners' plastic resin.
Despite that, how often should you clean Invisalign aligners?
These aligners should be cleaned twice daily, typically at the same time that you brush your teeth. We also encourage you to rinse your aligners under lukewarm water every time you take them out to minimize bacteria buildup—avoid running them under hot water, as extreme temperatures can warp the plastic.
Additionally, can you sterilize Invisalign? Brush Trays with Gentle Antibacterial Soap You want to clean and sanitize your aligners at least once a day with a gentle antibacterial soap, either hand soap or dish soap, that is unscented and clear. Make sure it's clear, since colored soaps can change the hue of your aligners.
So, is 20 hours enough for Invisalign?
The aligner trays are only effective during the time they are in physical contact with teeth. This is why Invisalign recommends that the trays are worn for at least 20 to 22 hours per day.
Why do my aligners smell?
If your aligners have an odour, this means you're not cleaning your teeth or your trays as thoroughly as you should. Step up your cleaning routine to help eliminate the smell.
Invisalign Aligner and Retainer Case - Black
- Slim, modern case keeps your Invisalign aligners and retainers secure at home and on the road. A magnetic closure ensures the case is securely fastened. The textured liner helps to minimize slipping and moving inside.
- Includes black satin bag for carrying essentials.
- Other attributes are: Ventilation behind the hinge.
- Dimensions 3 ¾” diameter x ¾” high.
- (Aligners not included)
Smile Saver Spray Cleaner for Retainers, Clear Aligners, Mouth Guards, Night Guards, Dentures & Toothbrushes - Eliminate Bacteria & Freshen All These Devices While On The Go (2 Pack)
- SPRAY CLEANS & FRESHENS: Helps eliminate up to 99.9% of bacteria on removeable oral devices in just 60 seconds in laboratory studies. By cleansing device, also helps eliminate bad breath, bad smells, and bad tastes
- FOR ALL ORAL DEVICES: Clean retainers, clear aligners, mouth guards, night guards, dentures, sleep disorder devices, anti-snoring apparatus, and even toothbrushes
- EASY, ON THE GO, CONVENIENCE: Simply remove oral device, spray all sides, wait 60 seconds, and re-insert. Use anywhere, anytime with no scrubbing, rinsing, or spitting
- NATURAL FLAVORS: Fresh minty taste with no artificial ingredients. No sugar, no alcohol, no peroxide, and no messy foams or tablets
- 2 BOTTLES: Two, 1 ounce, pocket size bottles included in each order. Lasts about 180 days with 3-4 sprays / day. Made in the USA
EverSmile WhiteFoam & OrthoChew Value Pack | On-the-Go Clear Retainer Cleaner & Medical Grade Silicone Dental Aligner Seater for Invisalign, Smile Direct, Trays, Aligners, Dentures & Braces
- ALIGNERS FIT BETTER AND STAY FRESHER: WhiteFoam (50 mL), the only wearable aligner cleaner paired with OrthoChews (1 soft and 1 medium chew) - the ultimate necessity value pack for clear aligner users.
- FRESHENS BREATH & WHITENS TEETH: WhiteFoam gradually whitens teeth with no tooth sensitivity while killing 99.999% of bacteria that causes bad breath & tooth decay. No soaking or rinsing required. Just wear & go.
- TREATMENT PROGRESSES AS FAST AS POSSIBLE: Using OrthoChews will help to close any air gaps between your teeth and your aligners, making sure your aligners fit properly and your teeth begin to move immediately. OrthoChews will increase blood flow to reduce the pain you may experience from wearing your invisible braces.
- EASY TO USE: WhiteFoam does not require any soaking or rinsing, just wear and go! OrthoChews are easily positioned between your teeth to firmly bite down repeatedly. The quatrefoil shape enables a confident grip- no worries about slipping out of place!
- WEAR ALL DAY - Whiten while you straighten all day long to get that perfect smile with WhiteFoam. OrthoChews are reusable and can last for weeks.
EverSmile - OrthoChews Dental Aligner Seater with Aligner Removal Tool, Chewies for Invisalign, Clear or Metal Braces - Help to Seat and Remove your Aligners Trays (1 Pack w/Aligner Removal Tool)
- ALIGNERS FIT BETTER: OrthoChews are very useful when changing to a new set of trays. They help the aligners fit properly on your teeth right away, which helps your teeth start moving immediately. After putting your aligners in, chew on one of these for a few seconds to ensure that the aligner is fully seated on your teeth and comfortable in your mouth.
- TREATMENT PROGRESSES AS FAST AS POSSIBLE: When you get a new set of aligner trays, they may not fit tightly against your teeth at first, which can slow down treatment. Using OrthoChews will help to close any air gaps between your teeth and your aligners, making sure they fit properly and your teeth begin to move immediately.
- RELIEVE PAIN: Some pain and discomfort might occur during your clear aligner journey as your teeth move into new positions. Biting on these OrthoChews will increase blood flow to reduce the pain you may experience from wearing your invisible braces. Think of it like a massage for sore muscles- your gums are working hard to move your teeth, and OrthoChews give them some relief!
- DUAL USE ALIGNER REMOVAL TOOL: The included aligner removal tool not only assist in removal of your aligners, it also can be inserted into your OrthoChews to add a handle for easier seating of your aligners. To remove aligner, simply hood the curved end of the aligner removal tool onto the inside edges of your aligners and pull until loose.
- REUSABLE AND DURABLE: Made from medical grade silicone, these dental aligner seaters are hygienic and safe to use. They are reusable and can last for weeks. You can clean your OrthoChews after each session with mild soap and water or diluted mouthwash.
PUL System Aligner Chewies and Removal Tool Combo for Invisalign and Aligners - 2 Pack
- Helps with the SEATING and REMOVAL of your clear aligner trays and Invisalign aligners
- RELIEVE sore gums and teeth with each new aligner tray by using our aligner chewie
- DURABLE, COMPACT & HYGIENIC for seating and removal of aligners. Fits in standard aligner cases
- SAVE MONEY and STOP WASTE by purchasing 1 quality tool vs. multiple products
- WIDE COMPATIBILITY designed to work with Byte, ClearCorrect, SmileDirectClub and other teeth aligner brands
Retainer Brite Tablets for Cleaner Retainers and Dental Appliances - 96 Count
- Retainer Brite's anti-bacterial cleaning tablets keep your clear retainers, aligners, wire retainers, sports mouthguards, and nightguards clean and odor-free
- Intended for patients who use removable dental appliances - not for artificial teeth or partial dentures
- Easy to use and kills 99% of odor-causing bacteria, germs, plaque, and tartar that can remain on dental appliances
- Eliminate cloudy film and plaque buildup by soaking your dental appliances daily
- Package includes 96 individually wrapped tablets (3 month supply) to keep your appliances clear, bright, fresh, and free of buildup
WhiteFoam On-The-Go Clear Retainer Cleaner for Invisalign, Dentures, ClearCorrect, Essix, Vivera & Hawley Trays/Aligners. Cleans, Kills Bacteria, Whitens Teeth & Fights Bad Breath (50ml - 1 Pack)
- ONE OF A KIND - The only wearable aligner cleaner. Works under aligner buttons & attachments. *Packaging May Vary
- WHITENS TEETH - Gradually whitens teeth with no tooth sensitivity
- FRESHENS BREATH - Kills 99.999% of bacteria that cause bad breath & tooth decay.
- EASY TO USE - No soaking or rinsing required. Just wear & go.
- WEAR ALL DAY - Whiten while you straighten all day long to get that perfect smile!
M3 Naturals Retainer and Denture Cleaning Tablets Removes Bacteria Bad Odors Discoloration Stains Plaque for Invisalign Mouth Guard Night Guard and Removable Dental Appliances 120 Tablets
- KILLS 99.99% OF ODOR CAUSING BACTERIA: Our supreme anti-bacterial cleaning tablets are laboratory tested to kill 99% of the odor-causing bacteria in every corner of any oral appliance
- OPTIMAL RESULTS: M3 cleaning tablets are the most effective and safest solution on the market. Restore your appliance clarity through the removal of discoloration, stains, plaque, odors, and tartar
- ALL DENTAL APPLIANCES: Our tablets are perfect for dentures, retainers, aligners, invisalign, mouth guards, night guards, snore guards, sport, TMJ devices and all other removable dental appliances
- EASY TO USE: Just drop one tablet into warm tap water and soak your dental appliance for 10 minutes. Quickly restore any dental appliance in just minutes!
- PREMIUM QUALITY INGREDIENTS: M3 Naturals prides itself on sourcing every ingredient from the purest forms. We are committed to offering the highest-quality beauty products at an affordable price.
Clear Aligner Removal Tool by ORTHOKEY - Invisible Removable Braces - QTY 2 Blue
- OrthoKey has an Ergonomic Intuitive Easy to use Design
- OrthoKey is Durable and Fits Inside Clear Aligner Cases
- OrthoKey offers a Hygienic Clear Aligner Removal Process
- OrthoKey is made with BPA and Phthalate Free Materials
- OrthoKey Gives Back to Health Related Organizations
Retainer Cleaning Tablets 120 Tablets - 4 Months Supply, Mouth Guard Cleaner, Remove Stains and Bad Odor, Prevent Brace Discoloration, Mint Flavor
- 360 DEGREE DEEP CLEANSING: Our cleaning tablets are the most effective solution on the market. You only need to immerse retainer into blue bubble soak, the appliance will be clean within 15 minutes.
- SUITABLE FOR MULTI APPLIANCES: Our Cleaner is the best choice for orthodontic retainer, wire appliances, removable bridges, baby teether, mouth guard, night guard and other orthodontic appliances such as aligners chewies, Bruxing and TMJ appliances.
- 100% SAFE & MILD: Our tablet uses the highest grade ingredients. It is mild and not irritating to the mouth. It prevents brace discoloration and will not damage retainers. Use daily to keep your retainer clear and odor less, which will extend the lifespan of the appliance.
- REFRESH MINT FLAVOR: Formulated with natural mint essence, our cleaning tablets help eliminate odors and refresh breath. Keeps appliances clear and minty fresh.
- 4 MONTHS GREAT VALUE SUPPLY: Great value set of 120 retainer cleaner tablets kit , your full 4 -month supplies, offered at a most competitive price! Each tablet is wrapped individually, great convenience to use while you are outside or on travel. Use one tablet each time.
11 More Questions Answered
Toothpaste can be used to help clean the trays, however, the most important technique to cleaning is to do so gently as to not scratch and dull the surface of the Invisalign tray. ... After you have cleaned your teeth and your Invisalign aligners, you can put them back in your mouth.
Your Invisalign aligners may turn yellow due to: Not brushing your teeth before putting your aligners in your mouth. Drinking coffee, tea, juice, wine, or colored sodas.
Do not use abrasive cleaners that might scratch or mar the surface of the Aligner. ... Do not soak your Aligners in mouthwash, doing so may discolor your Aligners making them less invisible. Do not soak your Aligners in Denture Cleaning solution, it is too abrasive for Invisalign Aligners, use Retainer Brite instead.
Mix one part white vinegar
to three parts warm water and soak the Invisalign
trays for 15 minutes. Remove from the solution, brush and rinse under clean
malt, balsamic or red wine vinegar
as the dark colours can
stain your Invisalign
Undiluted, Hydrogen peroxide is a bit too strong, so we recommend making a solution of equal parts hydrogen peroxide and water. You can then soak your Invisalign in this mixture for about 20 minutes. A bottle of hydrogen peroxide costs less than a dollar, so this is a very cost-effective way to clean your aligners.
Baking Soda It's also good for getting rid of stuck-on food particles and plaque. Dissolve a single tablespoon of baking soda in one cup of warm water. Let your Invisalign soak in the water for at least thirty minutes before you take them out and brush them.
1. Use AcceleDent. One of the best ways to speed up the Invisalign process is by using AcceleDent. It is a system that actually helps your teeth move more efficiently, so you can switch into the next set of aligners faster, and therefore, finish your entire treatment at a much faster pace.
For example, if a crooked tooth needs to be rotated severely to be straightened, Invisalign may not be capable of doing that. Likewise, small gaps between teeth are fine for Invisalign, but if there are large gaps then Invisalign may not be up to that challenge.
Too work effectively, Invisalign requires self-discipline and patient compliance. Those who wear their aligners for less than 22 hours a day will see much slower results, and while a couple of hours here or there won't derail your progress, forgetting to wear them for a week can have more serious consequences.
Can you kiss with Invisalign®? ... They definitely don't stop people going in for a kiss! Invisalign®'s smooth aligners are designed to fit super-close to your teeth, so you don't have to worry about your aligners dislodging or getting in the way of that perfect kiss.
Keep your aligners clean. Whenever you remove them, rinse them to remove dried saliva and plaque that can make them smelly. Soak them in the official Invisalign cleaning crystals (available from your doctor), or in retainer or denture cleaner. Clean your aligners with a mild, anti-bacterial soap.