The majority of used baby grand pianos are going to be running between, for private $5,000 to $10,000, and within a store with warranties where you know it's really been checked over by a reputable technician, you're running probably about $7,000 to about $12,000 or $13,000 for a good, pre-owned, baby grand piano.
Also, which brand piano is the best quality?
The Best Piano Brand in the World List
- Steinway & Sons.
- Mason & Hamlin.
Briefly, where should I put my baby grand piano? Grand pianos, when placed in a room, are (1) preserved and (2) sound best when the 'straight edge' is placed against an inner wall, away from windows and air vents. The same holds true for upright pianos, which should be placed on an inner wall, away from direct sunlight, windows, and air vents.
Just the same, are old pianos worth buying?
The answer is: it depends. Old pianos can continue to sound wonderful for many years with regular maintenance and care, but even pianos that have deteriorated can often be restored to their former glory, and in many cases made to sound even better than when they were new.
What is the best baby grand piano to buy?
The Top 15 Best Baby Grand Pianos and How to Evaluate Them
- Bösendorfer 155 Austrian Made.
- Baldwin Model M1 Chinese Made.
- Weber 150 Chinese Made.
- Yamaha C1X Japanese Made.
- Hailun HG151 Asian Performance Piano.
- Kawai GX1 High Tech Piano.
- Steinway Model S Most Famous.
- About Euro Pianos Naples.
I Love Music: My First Sound Book
Baby Einstein Magic Touch Piano Wooden Musical Toy Toddler Toy, Ages 6 months and up
- Wooden piano magically makes music
- 3 sheets of music & 6 different songs
- Child safe and durable materials
- Easy to wipe down and clean
- Ships in fully enclosed packaging
Schoenhut 30-Key Fancy Baby Grand with Bench
- 30-Key Baby Grand is excellent for children who have been introduced to pianos and beginning their journey to performance pieces
- Unique chime-like tones are created by small hammers striking metal rods, producing a charming sound.
- Width of the keys promotes proper finger placement.
- Includes: Schoenhut’s patented Tri-Play Learning System and bench.
- Meets EN17, ASTM, and CPSIA standards. Intended for Ages 3 and up.
Donner DDP-100 88-Key Weighted Action Digital Piano, Beginner Bundle with Furniture Stand, Power Adapter, Triple Pedals, MP3 Function, Black
- Donner 88-key fully-weighted action digital piano, precisely matching the finger strength changes, restore the true piano's finger strength, more stable and feel better.
- Test and adjust the details of timbre repeatedly , making the sound more realistic and excellent, help you develop a keen ability to distinguish sound.
- Input and play MP3, built-in amplifier, support external sound or headphone to meet the needs of different occasions.
- Streamlined design, wooden cabinet with sliding key cover to protect the key.
- 128 polyphony , have one pure tones sampled from real acoustic grand pianos . Guarantee the quality of your practice and performance.
Costzon Classical Kids Piano, 30 Keys Wood Toy Grand Piano with Music Stand and Bench, Mini Musical Toy for Child, Ideal for Children's Room, Toy Room, Best Gifts (Straight Leg, Black)
- Exquisite Children Piano: Our children piano with 30 keys has exquisite workmanship. Classical and elegant appearance as well as pleasant sound can fully attract children's attention. The piano is equipped with the music stand and bench, giving you a complete set of accessories. It is suitable for children from 3-8 years old.
- Sturdy and Environment-friendly Materials: Children piano has MDF body with birch legs and ABS keys, which is sturdy and durable for a long lifespan. Piano's surface is coated with environmentally friendly children's paint with TSCA certification that is safe to accompany the healthy growth of children.
- Best Gift for Children: Our children piano can cultivate children's interest and mobilize their hands to coordinate the flexibility of finger while promoting the development of their brain, creating their imagination. And touching notes exercise children's hearing. It is the best gift for your children!
- Children's Size: Miniature piano designed for children is suitable for children's room or living room. Small size of piano is more convenient for children to play. The appropriate size of piano keys helps children's fingers develop healthily and easy transition to a larger piano .
- Kids-friendly Curved Angle & Smooth Surface: Piano body with kids-friendly round corners and side-cutting stool corners avoid accidental collision or injury of children, which can protect kids better. Piano and bench surfaces are smooth and glossy that will not harm children's skin while cleaning easily with soft cloth.
HOMCOM Modern Kids Piano 30 Keys Set of 2 Mini Toy for Child Grand Piano with Music Stand and Bench, Best Gifts Green
- ✅MINIATURE SCALE CHILDREN PIANO: Your children can enjoy a grand piano scaled down to their size fits to your child’s room or anyplace of your house, give your child discovering music at an early age.
- ✅DURABLE MATERIALS: The baby grand piano designed with sturdy and environment-friendly poplar plywood, Piano's surface is coated with environmentally friendly children's paint that is safe to accompany the healthy growth of children.
- ✅ACCESSORIES INCLUDED: This package matching with A bench and music stand, really convenient for children to play and learn.
- ✅PERFECT GIFTS FOR KIDS: This learn-to-play children grand piano features 30 great sounding keys can cultivate children's interest and mobilize, it is perfect for little musicians in-training.
- ✅DIMENSIONS: Piano Overall Dimension: 20.5"L x 19.75"W x 19.25"H. Foot Stool Size: 11"L x 7"W x 7.75"H. Music Stand: 10.5"L x 4.25"W.
Best Choice Products Kids Classic Wooden 30-Key Mini Grand Piano Musical Instrument Toy w/ Piano Lid, Bench, Foldable Music Rack, Song Book, Note Stickers, Enamel Finish - White
- PERFECT FOR KIDS: This miniature kid's grand piano is perfect for little musicians in-training, with 30 keys and MDF wood, and a glossy enamel finish
- MUSICAL DEVELOPMENT: It's never to early to start; key stickers promote proper finger placement, helping children transition to a full-size piano as they grow in age and experience
- RICH & WARM TONE: Your child can play a tune and develop their musical ear with their first piano, and even open the top to amplify the acoustics, just like a standard grand piano
- ACCESSORIES INCLUDED: Complete with matching wood stool, foldable music rack, music book, and guide stickers for an immersive musical experience
- QUALITY MATERIAL: Designed with sturdy and easy-to-clean MDF wood and an enamel finish for years of use
Melissa & Doug Learn-To-Play Piano With 25 Keys and Color-Coded Songbook
- BRIGHTLY-PAINTED WOODEN PIANO: The Melissa & Doug Learn-to-Play Piano is an upright wooden piano that features 25 keys and 2 full octaves.
- SOLID WOOD CONSTRUCTION: Our toy piano for children is built with solid wood construction. Its high-quality materials and superior construction ensure safety and durability.
- EASY TO PLAY: The Melissa & Doug Learn-to-Play Piano is easy to play and comes with an illustrated songbook (English lyrics).
- GIFT FOR KIDS 3 TO 5 YEARS: This piano makes a great gift for kids ages 3 to 5. Add the Melissa & Doug Caterpillar Xylophone Musical Toy to round out the musical play experience and give kids another engaging option for screen-free fun.
- “THE GOLD STANDARD IN CHILDHOOD PLAY”: For more than 30 years, Melissa & Doug has created beautifully designed imagination- and creativity-sparking products that NBC News called “the gold standard in early childhood play.”
- 100% HAPPINESS GUARANTEE: We design every toy to the highest quality standards, and to nurture minds and hearts. If your child is not inspired, give us a call and we'll make it right. Our phone number is on every product!
LAGRIMA Classical Kids Piano, 30 Keys Wood Mini Baby Grand Piano w/ Bench, Mini Musical Toy for Child (Black)
- ❤️ Kids Grand Piano - This baby grand piano features 30 great sounding keys producing a charming tune which can make kids mesmerized and spark their interest of music.
- 🧡 Great Gift For Your Children - This "baby grand piano" features a classical, elegant design scaled small for toddlers, perfect as a functional toy and a centerpiece for play areas!
- 💛 Safety Design - Firm construction with smooth surface, curve-shaped corner and safety-hinged lid opens and closes, prevent kids from hurt. MDF body with birch wood legs and ABS keys, which can be used for many years. Environment friendly paint coated, non-toxic and tasteless, harmless to kids.
- 💚 Super Cost-effective Combination - This package come with matching hardwood bench and music holder, really convenient for children to play and learn.
- 💙 Dimensions - Piano: 21.7"L x 19.7"W x 19.7"H; Stool: 11"L x 11"W x 8.3"H. Proper size for children from Toddler to 7, miniature scale fits to your child's room or anyplace of your house.
Schoenhut 30 Key Classic Baby Grand with Bench
- Age range: Three and up
- Chromatically tuned with a full two-octave span
- Includes: Schoenhut's Learning System and Bench
- Small hammers strike metal rods, producing lovely chime-like tones
- The piano never gets out of tune and the tone never changes
10 More Questions Answered
Because piano dealers need to protect the sale, most pianos immediately lose their value after being purchased. The drop in value is substantial, often ranging between 670 – 75% within just 2 – 3 years of the initial purchase.
The sound of a Yamaha is what I would consider being “stable”. ... The model piano really does make a difference when comparing Steinway and Yamaha. Overall though I think you'll find Yamaha pianos to be much brighter overall. At the same time, you'll find Steinway to be a more creative instrument to play with.
Top 7 Best Sounding Digital Piano Reviews
- Best Overall -Yamaha YDP184R Console Digital Piano. ...
- Best for Beginner -Casio Privia PX-870 Digital Piano. ...
- Best Cost-effective -Yamaha P125 Sounding Digital Piano. ...
- Best for Learning -The ONE Smart Piano. ...
- Best Affordable -Casio Privia PX-160. ...
- Best 73-key -Yamaha P121 Digital Piano. ...
- Yamaha YDP144B Best Sounding Digital Piano.
Buying a new piano will offer more advantages than pre-owned. The biggest advantage of buying a new piano is having that manufacturer's warranty, since you can save a lot of money if your piano lasts a while without extra maintenance. Buying a new piano also offers fewer cons than buying a pre-owned piano.
Except in very "live" rooms, use absorptive objects such as upholstered furniture and heavy draperies only sparingly, to avoid deadening the sound. Place a rug under the entire footprint of a grand or vertical piano to absorb excess reflected sound.
Resist the temptation to put your piano centered on a carpet or rug (unless you live in an apartment building and need to dampen the sound). The natural way to listen to orchestral instruments, including a piano, is on hard floor. The ear simply wants to hear the reverberation off hard surfaces.
As a rule of thumb, when allocating floor space, you should consider a square of at least 5' wide and 6'5” long. Once you know the dimensions, use a template to work out whether everything will fit. Whether you use a website or cut out diagrams of your furniture, you can play around with spacing for your piano.
A: The great majority of pianos can be tuned. ... On very old pianos with rusty strings, first tuning the piano to itself is sometimes advisable to test the condition of the piano before adding greater tension. Note: There are some pianos with loose tuning pins or other structural problems that can make tuning difficult.
Plus a hundred year old piano isn't necessarily a good thing or necessarily an antique. Pianos require maintenance and do have mileage and wear and tear. So pianos that are a hundred years old are not worth much unless it is a top notch brand like Steinway, Mason n Hamlin and etc.
Most new consumer-grade vertical pianos sell in the range of $3,000 to $10,000. Some higher-end ones cost two or three times that, and a few cost less. New entry-level grands generally go for $7,000 to $10,000, mid-range grands from $10,000 to $30,000, and high-end grands for $30,000 to $100,000 or more.