It is important to have a properly equipped 4WD for this adventurous route but most travellers to the Cape will take the OTL north then return by the bypass roads. Driving north you will need to negotiate several creek crossings, some of which have challenging entry and exit points.
On top of that, is the road to Cape York sealed 2019?
The condition of the unsealed road is highly variable. ... As of December, 2015, 68.8 km of new road has been sealed through the Cape York Region Package. As at June 2019, a total of 173km will be sealed under the package, leaving only 200km of 571km unsealed.
In every way, can you drive a 2wd to Cape York? 2wd cars do make it to Cape York. If you stick to the most friendly route then they classify it as 4wd recommended, not 4wd only.
Accordingly, can you drive a car to Cape York?
Cape York remains the premier four-wheel-drive destination in Australia, but you don't necessarily have to have a fully rigged, heavy-duty vehicle to enjoy the magic the Cape has to offer.
Can you take alcohol to Cape York?
The maximum amount of alcohol that can be carried per vehicle is: 2 litres of wine (unfortified) and 1 x 30 can carton of any strength beer, or 2 litres of wine (unfortified) and 1 x 24 can carton of premixed spirits of up to 5.5% alcohol/volume. It is an offence to drink in a public place.
100 Parks, 5,000 Ideas: Where to Go, When to Go, What to See, What to Do
Astoria: John Jacob Astor and Thomas Jefferson's Lost Pacific Empire: A Story of Wealth, Ambition, and Survival
Superhero Capes for Kids, 8 Heroes Reversible Satin Capes and Masks for Dress Up Costumes (4 Cape, 8 Mask) (Multicolored)
- 🎁Include :4 Reversible cartoon Super-Hero Capes and 8 Super-Hero Mask.
- 🎁Double-sided Pattern Design: Each side of the cape printed 1 super hero. One cape gets 2 hero roles! Just Reverse it to be cool and cooler!
- 🎁Comfortable Satin Capes : Soft touching feeling satin fabrics,protect your kids from any discomfort. Velcro neck design keep attach firmly and take off easily.
- 🎁Fit for 3-8 Years Kids : 27" × 27" capes perfect for 3-8 years old kids,high- quality felt mask with adjustable strap can stretch to different kids head .
- 🎁Surprise Gift for Kids: Every kid has a hero dream! HERO WOW insists to protect every kid hero dream. This hero cape set is perfect for birthday party, dress up, role play, party supplies.
GMCO 40202PS Cape Lookout Map
- GMCO 40202PS Cape Lookout Map
Halloween Cape for Women Men Unisex Adult, Black Red Cloak Party Vampires Cape Cosplay Costumes - 47in
- Material: Polyester cloth, soft and breathable.Size: 120 cm / 48 inches
- Vampire double side black and red switchable lining collar cloak
- There is a sponge inside the collar, so you can stand it up or fold it down
- 2 strings on collar's both sides, which can help you wear the cloak well even though it is sleeveless
- Suitable for most special occasion like cosplay, halloween, carnival, drama performance and etc
Simple polymer Vampires Cloak Cosplay Double-Sided Stand Collar Reversible Cloak Cape,55" Black Red
- ★Material:102% polyester with red and black lining (soft flowing fabric)
- ★Style:double-layer stand collar cloak,with a short string in neck to tie, not easy to be loose.One side black, another side is red
- ★This versatile fancy dress accessory would look very great,from funny to frightening, this cloak has it all,ensures a snug but not too tight fit,Perfect style and fit for unisex,show your style
- ★Notice:Color may have a little difference due to lights, screens, etc.In addition, all the clothes are measured by hand, please allow 1-4cm deviation, thanks for your understanding
- ★Occasion: suitable for Halloween, cosplay costumes, stage costumes, masquerade, theme parties, vampire, witch, magician, sorceress,cosplay event,halloween themed party or adult fancy dress.etc
Storecastle: Cape Verdean Roots Cape Verde Gift Flag T-Shirt
- Cape Verde flag shirt for women, men, boys and girls.
- Put a smile on the face of a Cape Verdean dad, mom, son, daughter, brother, sister, uncle, aunt, grandma, grandpa, nephew, niece, mother-in-law, father-in-law, brother-in-law, sister-in-law or friend on Christmas, birthday, father's day, mother's day.
- Lightweight, Classic fit, Double-needle sleeve and bottom hem
IDS Home Halloween Fashion Cloak Cape Hooded Cosplay Costume Clothes, M
- Green fancy cape dress costumes party favor supplies
- Good Idea cosplay costumes party clothing in halloween and other occations
- For perfect fit, please do check description for sizing before order
Superhero Capes and Masks, DIY Dress Up Capes and Masks Set, 4 Packs with 100 Stickers
- Fulfill KIDS SUPERHERO DREAMS: Our Superhero capes set is perfect for your kids who want to pretend to be their favorite superheros during the day.
- PERFECT SIZE & SOFT MATERIAL: Both capes and masks are REVERSIBLE DUAL COLOR. Capes size about 27"×27", good for 3-10 years old kids, made of 100% Satin. Mask about 6.7 inches, made of soft felt. Special CURVE CUTTING for the black/yellow, adding more fun for kids.
- DIY CREATE IMAGINATION: Kids Can draw or print or do anything they can imagine on these capes, keep unique and different from others. Make every day a celebration with these party dress up superhero costumes.
- Great CHOICE FOR PARTY FAVOR: 4 Capes + 4 Masks with BONUS 100pcs 1.5 inches superhero round stickers, good choice for party favors and return gift. Also perfect for pretend play, role play, school performance, birthday party and theme party.
- SAFE SHOPPING: For whatever reason you don’t love our capes and masks set, let us know, we will address your issue within 24 hours and give you a satisfactory resolution ASAP, no questions asked. Click the "Add to Cart" Button NOW, Buy in confidence.
15 More Questions Answered
if you want to do the Old Telegraph Track, you will need a snorkel. You can give the track a miss and just drive on if you wanted too. If you are just looking at driving up to The Cape and having a little poke around then you should be ok without one.
The common belief is that the PDR would be FULLY sealed by 2020, however, this isn't the case. In 2014 funding was announced under the “Cape York Regions Package” which included $215 million to “to progressively seal sections of the Peninsula Developmental Road between Laura and the Rio Tinto boundary, south of Weipa”.
It's long way to the top – more than 1000km from Cairns straight to Pajinka, the traditional name for the northernmost point of mainland Australia at the top of the Cape York Peninsula – but it's a blockbuster of a road trip through a wild and remote landscape.
10 Tips for Planning Your Trip to Cape YorkResearch your route. It may seem obvious, but it pays to plan ahead and map out where you want to go. ... Peninsula Developmental Road (PDR) ... The Old Telegraph Track. ... Decide on your mode of transport. ... Camping, glamping or room hire? ... Plan your meals. ... Yes, there is fuel available! ... The best-hidden gems are off the beaten track.
TWO EPIC WEEKS IN THE CAPE FOR $1500! You're dreaming of visiting Cape York at some stage in the near future. As Australia's most popular big-trip destination, the Cape really does have it all.
Two of Cape York's best wild swimming spots are in Jardine River National Park, at the base of the area known simply as The Tip. The delightfully refreshing Fruit Bat and Eliot Falls are both crocodile-free and nothing beats cooling off beneath a waterfall after a long, hot, dusty drive.
one to two days
Cape York - Seisia to the Tip
|Average Speed||27.18 km/hr|
approximately 38h 31m
The road is dry, dusty and often, rough as guts, but driving the Cape York Peninsula is one hell of a road trip. It's about 1000km from Cairns to Cape York, which isn't a big distance when we're talking about a country the size of Australia. But this isn't a one-way trip.
The cost of using the Jardine River Ferry currently stands at $99 for a single vehicle to make a return crossing using the ferry, or $129 for a vehicle with a trailer.
Cape York Trip Safety. The most dangerous hazards are saltwater crocodiles, marine stingers and venomous snakes, but you can avoid their unwelcome attentions by staying out of their habitat.
The resort is licensed to sell alcohol to residents and their guests only. No alcohol or homebrew and homebrew equipment is allowed in restricted areas.
You don't need a 4WD to drive around Australia, but you do need low range gearing to reach some of the most beautiful bits, because the really wild, wondrous places are almost always in out of the way places. ... And go for an automatic, because autos allow you to just stick it in drive and concentrate on other things.
GradingDifficult – low range gearing and high ground clearance: take traction aids and recovery gear.
|Time||Day trip or overnight|
|Distance||82km, Bamaga Rd to Jardine River Ferry|
|Longest drive without fuel||201km, Bramwell Junction to Jardine River Ferry via Bamaga Rd and Old Telegraph Track|