Strongest Players (6 iron over 200 yards)
- True Temper X7 132gr Low Low.
- Project X LZ Steel 6.5 125gr Low-Mid Low-Mid.
- OBAN CT-115 115gr Mid Mid.
- Nippon Modus 130 121 - 129gr Low-Mid Low-Mid.
- Nippon Modus 125 127 - 129gr Low-Mid Low-Mid.
- True Temper TI X100 128gr Low-Mid Low-Mid.
- True Temper AMT White 102-130 Low-Mid Low-Mid.
Just the same, do pro golfers use steel shafts?
Of course, both shafts have their advantages and disadvantages, and a lot comes down to personal preference. On the whole, steel shafts are the most used option by amateurs and tour professionals.
Not only, what golf shaft flex is right for me irons? If there is not a facility convenient to your location, the rule of thumb measures to use for clubs that are used to hit the golf ball from 150 yards are: Ladies Flex for a 3 iron or wood; Senior Flex for a 4 iron; Regular Flex for a 5 or 6 iron; Stiff Flex for a 6 or 7 iron and X-Stiff Flex for a 8 or 9 iron.
In every case, what iron shafts does Tiger Woods use?
Tiger's precision iron play is reliant on exceptional feel and control, qualities his TaylorMade P7TW irons exude. They're muscleback blades that are made specifically for Tiger, to his exact specifications.
What iron shafts does Rory mcilroy use?
His irons have Project X 7.0 shafts from 3-9-iron, then in his wedges he switches down into slightly softer Project X 6.5 shafts. To many people the weakest part of Rory's game is his putting but since he has put the TaylorMade Spider X Tour in the bag, he has had several wins and got himself back to world number one.
NEW True Temper Dynalite Gold XP S300 Stiff Flex Steel Iron Shafts 3-PW .355
dynamic gold True Temper Shaft - .355 Taper Tip - Choose Flex and Length (7 Iron - 38", Stiff - S300-130g)
- Tour Shop Fresno is an authorized True Temper PFC/Plus Dealer
- Be aware that low priced shafts are generally fake clones made of cheap metal
- For Complete Sets visit our Amazon Store (Tour Shop Fresno)
- These are the regular Dynamic Gold Variable Wall Technology Shafts
- Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Shafts played by 'Tiger' are also available in our store
Hireko .600 Steel Shaft Extender
- Shaft Extenders fit into the butt of the existing shaft and underneath the grip to extend club length
- Fits 0.600" steel shafts
- Each one extends two clubs
True Temper New Tour Issue Tour Concept Steel Iron Shaft.355 Taper X1-Flex (37" Wedge)
- .355" Tapered Tip
- Note: Although these are authentic made for Cleveland wedge shafts, these may not come with labels
REAX New Uncut Steel High Launch 88 Iron Shafts (Stiff, 1)
Project X Rifle 5.5 Flighted 4-PW Steel Iron Shafts .370 Parallel Tip - Set of 7 Shafts
- UNCUT RIFLE PROJECT X 5.5 FLIGHTED 4-PW Steel Iron Shafts
- Flex: Firm 5.5
- UNCUT Lengths: 37.5", 38", 38.5", 39", 39.5", 40", 40.5"
- Tip Size: 0.370 Parallel Tip
T11 Power Back Tall Iron Set 4-SW Custom Made Golf Clubs Right Hand Regular R Flex Steel Shafts Jumbo Golf Grips +2" Longer Men's Standard Irons
- MAXIMUM FORGIVENESS: Your shots will launch higher and fly straighter and truer more than ever before! Hollow body and cavity construction lets us put the weight where we want it so you get an incredibly forgiving iron.
- MORE FLEXIBLE FACE: A more flexible iron face helps the ball jump off the club with some serious ball speed behind it. It adds to the forgiveness too - the ball speed is high wherever you hit it on the face.
- ADVANCED, PROGRESSIVE LOOK: The sole designs are what you want to see - wider in the longer irons to give you confidence, narrower in the shorter irons because we know you'll hit those well. With a progressive, modern topline.
- Right Handed / Assembled with Premium Regular Flex R Flex Apollo Ultra Light Weight Steel Shafts / UPGRADE: JUMBO Black Golf Grips / +2" Longer Than Men's Standard Length
- ASSEMBLED IN THE USA: All of our custom made golf clubs are assembled in our Riverside, California Factory in the U.S.A. Our highly trained Club builders have custom assembled more than 1 MILLION golf clubs! LIFETIME WARRANTY ON YOUR GOLF CLUB DUE TO NORMAL BREAKAGE PERIOD! This is the best Warranty that the Golf Industry has to offer!
LAZRUS Premium Golf Irons Individual or Golf Irons Set for Men (4,5,6,7,8,9) Driving Irons (2&3) Right Hand Steel Shaft Regular Flex Golf Clubs - Best Golf Iron Set - Great Golf Gift (8 Iron)
- HANDS DOWN THE BEST QUALITY: This Lazrus golf irons set is made in the same place as some of today's "top" golf iron sets - For 1/4 the price!
- THOUSANDS OF LAZRUS CLUBS SOLD: Our premium golf irons were created for normal everyday golfers like you or weekend warriors but without the crazy price tag. Truly amazing golf club irons that will shave strokes at an amazing price.
- 8 IRON GOLF CLUB: This is for the individual 8 golf iron
- SPECS: Right handed, stepped steel shaft, regular flex with custom lazrus grips. Deep grooves for great spin, control and consistency from the fairway, fringe or rough.
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE: Absolute 100% risk free purchase. Don't LOVE them? Simply return them! A deal that cannot be beat anywhere in the golf industry!
Japan WaZaki Black Oil Finish WL-IIs 4-SW Mx Steel Hybrid Irons Golf Club Set with Headcover,Regular Flex,55g Light Graphite Shaft,Plus Half Inch Length,RH,Limited Edition,Pack of 16
- A New Look with Traditional Japanese Black Finish Technology head. The club head is whole black finish with the blue paint cover the top and edges of the bottom, which makes it looks more great than whole black one.
- The new Speed face is a thinnest and different thickness made by thin, light and robust material. This WL-IIs face makes more speed over the face, increases distance, enlarges the sweet spot, and offers more forgiveness for off-center hits. The casting body promotes a lower forward CG location that provides high launch and low spin.
- MWMF Bushikadna Shaft is the same stiffness tip to butt shaft delivers stability and control, that made by titanium and carbon. There are three flex is in available, Regular, Stiff Regular, Stiff.
- Standard Length for 4,5,6,7,8,9,Pw,Sw is 39.5",39",38.5",38",37.5",37",36.5",36.25". Plus half inch length is 40",39.5",39",38.5",38",37.5",37",36.75".
- There are two models available for different players, one is 65 pro shaft, one is 55 light shaft. If the model which you bought is don't suit for you. We accept free to return and exchange within 46 days from you bought the clubs.
Sword &Shield sports 10Pcs Golf Club Steel Shaft Extender Rods-Extend for Iron Wood Putter (Tip size 0.560")
- Its size as picture show
- Work for Steel shafts ONLY.
- Inner diameter is 0.56 inches and outer diameter is 0.6 inches
- This extension is great of light weight and don't add much static weight to the club
10 More Questions Answered
Feedback. Light weight makes ball go far. Heavier weight helps for control and accuracy. Irons are for control and accuracy.
Steel tends to have very low torque (rotation during the swing) and also a stiffer tip section, while graphite can offer much higher torque rates and more flex in the tip. This combination will help with launch and also help you swing faster with less effort.
The expensive shaft gave me a slightly higher ball flight, a little bit more spin, and all that resulted in about 5 yards of extra distance. Obviously, if you're competing in tournaments you'll need all the help you can get and it might be worth it for you.
best golf shafts for driversMitsubishi TENSEI CK Pro Orange 60 Ready to Play w/Grip & Tip Choice. ... Project X HZRDUS Black 75 Driver Shaft. ... Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-6. ... Aldila NV 2KXV Green. ... Fujikura Vista Pro 60 Shaft. ... Project X PXV Stiff 6.0 Flex Driver Shaft. ... Kuro Kage Silver Dual. ... Fujikura Ventus 5 Senior Shaft.
A golfer using a shaft that is too flexible may experience a ball flight that is too high, a ball that spins too much, or a shot pattern that has inconsistent dispersion.
If your club shafts are too stiff, you'll have trouble loading them properly during your downswing. When the clubhead gets to the ball, the shaft won't unload properly and the face will remain slightly open, causing a slice.
If you hit a 7-iron about 150 yards, then a Regular Flex shaft would be recommended. Choose a shaft with a Swing Speed Rating of 70 to 80 mph in graphite or steel. If you use a 5-iron from 150 yards, you would want to use a shaft with a Swing Speed Rating of about 60 to 70 mph.
Irons used by PGA Tour's Top 10 in Strokes Gained: Approach
- Irons: TaylorMade P790 (2), TaylorMade P760 (4, 5), TaylorMade P730 (6-PW) ...
- Irons: Titleist T100 4 iron, Titleist 620 MB 5-9, Vokey SM7 Raw 46-10F. ...
- Irons: Ping i210 (4-PW) ...
- Irons: Callaway X-Forged UT (3), Callaway Apex Pro 19 (4-6), Callaway Apex MB (7-PW) ...
- Irons: Titleist 620MB (5-PW)
Do any pros use Top Flite? Exactly zero, on any pro tour. Top Flite does not pay players to use their ball, and no one would take them up if they did. Top Flites are made for hackers, they do not spin, a characteristic necessary for full control of your ball.
Woods' Masters career has also seen players go from drivers in the 260 cubic-centimeter range to 460 ccs, and in Woods' case, the move from steel to graphite shafts in metalwoods.