If meat doesn't taste right
- Beans or peas in soups, salads or side dishes or as a dip or spread.
- Cottage cheese.
- Egg dishes.
- Fish — fresh, frozen or packed in a vacuum-sealed pouch, as canned fish can have a metallic taste.
- Instant breakfast-type drinks or other nutritional beverages.
Then, how do you keep well during chemo?
Six ways to stay strong during chemoBoost your nutrition. Eating a healthy diet helps you deal with side effects and fight infections. ... Stay well hydrated. Chemotherapy can be dehydrating. ... Tackle physical changes. ... Avoid germs. ... Keep exercising. ... Get your R&R.
Next, what is the best gift for someone going through chemo? Holiday or anytime gift ideas for a cancer patient
- A blanket. ...
- Port pillow. ...
- Silk eye mask. ...
- Lounge wear. ...
- Back scratcher or zipper puller. ...
- Insulated water bottle. ...
- Gift cards. ...
- Kindle, iPad or other tablet.
In short, how can I boost my immune system during chemo?
8 Ways to Care for Your Immune System During ChemoAsk about protective drugs. ... Get the flu shot every year. ... Eat a nutritious diet. ... Wash your hands regularly. ... Limit contact with people who are sick. ... Avoid touching animal waste. ... Report signs of infection immediately. ... Ask about specific activities.
What are good snacks for chemo patients?
- cheese or hummus and crackers.
- buttered pikelets, scones, muffins, fruit buns, finger buns and raisin toast.
- celery with cream cheese or peanut butter.
- hard-boiled eggs.
- dried fruit and nuts.
- jaffles and sandwiches – try fillings such as peanut butter, cheese, avocado, egg and mayonnaise, cold meats, salmon and tuna.
Dr. Scholl's Women's 2 Pack Soothing Spa Low Cut Lavender + Vitamin E Socks with Silicone Treads, Pink, Shoe Size: 4-10
- Our soothing spa socks help you move through all of life's moments with greater ease and joy
- Soft, premium yarns wrap your feet in luxurious comfort in those rare moments when you kick those shoes off
- The smooth toe seam is specially designed to minimize irritation, prevent bunching, and provide the ultimate protection for sensitive feet
- Enhanced with vitamin e and lavender, these socks provide much-needed moisturizing relief for your feet
- Grippers in the sole provide traction to prevent slipping on wood or tile floors
Daventry Ultra Thick Fluffy Grip Socks 3pk, Non-Skid Slipper Hospital Sock
- ULTRA SOFT - Daventry fuzzy socks are made from a thick blend of polyester and spandex and are knit especially to provide unparalleled comfort and softness. Socks are long and made from premium materials to provide a luxurious look and feel in the house or out.
- GRIPPERS - Premium anti-skid grips and treads are placed across the bottom of each sock to provide grippy traction. Made of top-quality rubber treads, each slipper / gripper is placed to make sure you don't slip or slide while also not scuffing your indoor floors. Great in the home, medical settings, for diabetic patients, maternity, labor and delivery, cold days, cabin settings, and more.
- STRETCHY - Each sock is highly elastic and designed to stretch to fit many sizes. Stretchy materials allow for hospital medical caretakers to easily put socks on and remove them. Fits up to men’s shoe size 12 and women’s size 10.
- UNISEX - Fashionable designs look good on both men and women.
- PREMIUM - Only the best materials are included. Our socks are top quality, cozy, warm, fluffy, and even double as slippers. Really, we can’t understate just how plush and soft these socks are, often weighing twice as much as other socks on the market. Warm for cold feet in the winter or in a cabin.
Urban ReLeaf Chemo Relief Nausea & Side Effects Aromatherapy! Fast Help! Upset Stomach, Migraine, Medication Illness! 100% Natural Ancient & Proven Remedy, Essential Oils!
- Urban ReLeaf Chemo Relief Nausea & Side Effects Aromatherapy! Fast help for chemotherapy side effects. Queasiness, Upset Stomach, Migraine, Medication illness! Essential Oils
- 100% Natural & Proven Remedy, With the most effective essential oils to stop chemo-induced nausea and medication illness. Drug free alternative!
- Ingredients: Essential Oils of Ginger, Peppermint, Lemon, Lavender, Chamomile, & Fennel.
- Inhale Deeply for fast relief from side effects. Very soothing and handy to have by the bedside or in your pocket.
- 100% Pure and Natural. Made fresh in USA in small batches. This is an ancient and proven natural remedy.
2-Pack BRUBAKER Heat my Feet Thermal Socks - Dark Gray - Size: 6.5-8
- The Special High Tech fibers with a high level of heat insulation enclose more of your own body heat
- A sweat preventing smart humidity transport sysem ensures for a great wearing experience
- Warm feet throughout the whole day
- Machine washable at 86°F (30°C)
- Imported from Germany
Healing Thoughts Throw Blanket - Inspiring and Comforting Positive Words Get Well Gifts - Grey 50 x 60 - Gift Ready
- WHEN YOU CAN'T BE THERE: Send your friend or loved one powerful, loving messages they can cuddle in
- GIFT READY: Comes wrapped with a satin ribbon bow as pictured. Saving you time and money
- 100% GUARANTEED TO OUTLAST FLOWERS: Our post surgery gift blanket provides years of comfort & warmth
- HEALING HUGS: Send the perfect cancer survivor gifts post surgery or for use during chemo treatments
- GIVING BACK: With every purchase, one throw blanket is donated to someone in need of healing hugs
Rapid Relief Cold Therapy Slippers for Tired and Swollen feet, hot feet, Relief from Neuropathy Pain Caused by Diabetes and Chemotherapy. One Size fits Most.
- Fast & effective cold therapy for sore feet, hot feet, tired feet, aching feet and swollen feet
- Provides relief from pain associated with arthritis, heel spurs, poor circulation, pregnancy, plantar fasciitus, neuropathy, bursitis, gout, morton's neuroma and others
- Contour-gel technology shapes to your foot and remains flexible when frozen
- One size fits most: cold therapy slipper design fits small and large feet
- Use again and again
Pembrook Non Skid/Slip Socks â€“ (2-Pack â€“ Purple) â€“ Hospital - Fuzzy Slipper Socks â€“ Great for adults, men, women. Designed for medical hospital patients but great for everyone
- SUPER SOFT – High Quality Chenille Material (Polyester and Spandex Blend). These are softest luxury hospital socks you will find on the market.
- SKID RESISTANT – Gripping rubber treads provide safety and security for any situation. The proprietary tread design provides maximum traction grip on nearly any surface. The tread is color matched to the sock for a subtle look that won’t scuff your floors.
- GREAT VALUE – Chose a 2-Pack, 4-Pack or 6-Pack for best value. These great socks come in a variety of colors (black, gray, navy blue, purple, pink) and pack sizes (2, 4, and 6 packs) to ensure the maximum options and value to our customers. Choose your favorite color combination!
- QUALITY - Designed for hospital use but perfect for the home. These medical grade socks are used in hundreds of hospitals, healthcare facilities, doctors’ offices, retirement homes, nursing homes, medical facilities and tens of thousands of personal homes across the USA. Hospitals utilize these socks because the grips on the bottom provide their patients fall prevention safety and everyone wears them for their comfort, warmth and security.
- VERSATILE – Unisex design – These socks are incredibly stretchy and will fit most adults. Fits men’s shoe size up to 12 and women’s shoe size 9. Choose these socks for the comfort, look, security, warmth, gentle compression or non skid gripping sole.
Oncology Cream 4 oz. Pre Mid. Post Radiation, Chemo Treatment. Soothing, Calming and Hydrating to Stressed Skin Undergoing Chemo or Radiation. Skin Therapy Color Free.
- Soothes and Aids in the Repair of Dry, Parched, Itchy, Rash-Prone Skin All natural PhysAssist Oncology Cream is alcohol, perfume, Paraben & Color Free and is specially designed for skin therapy before, during and after radiation and chemotherapy treatment.
- Its carefully selected ingredients are ultra moisturizing and aid the skin in regenerating and repairing itself. Essential amino acids and vitamin E help regenerate new cells, repair damaged ones, and guard against dehydration by sustaining moisture levels to the skin Prevent and Repair of, Brittle, Cracked and Discolored Nails
- Lavender essential oil helps to reduce anxiety stress and tension, is soothing to painful stressed skin Calendula oil is a moisturizer for dry and severely chapped or split skin. It helps soothe the area and reduce the pain.
- PhysAssist Oncology Cream's fine texture allows it to be effective, non-greasy and non-staining. Its natural botanical ingredients offer a pleasant, calming scent and make the cream an excellent tonic for the nerves.
- Is safe and effective on all skin types. MADE IN USA
F Cancer Socks - Funny Gift for Cancer Survivor, Doctor, Nurse or Chemo Patient - For Men or Women (Superhero)
- YOU ARE CANCER'S KRYPTONITE: These colorful socks were created to empower you or the superhero in your life who is battling this evil disease. So sock up, slick your hair back and tell cancer how you really feel. The funny design features a superhero flipping the bird to cancer. Tights not included.
- ONE SIZE FITS MOST: Fits most men US size 6-13 feet and most women US size 7 and up.
- THOUGHTFUL GIFT IDEA: Anyone fighting cancer is a superhero! These comfortable socks were designed to keep their feet warm and spirits high. It’s the perfect gift for survivors, patients, doctors, chemo nurses, family and anyone who has been impacted by this awful disease.
- PREMIUM KNIT SOCKS: These fun socks were created with passion to avoid the sloppy edges and fraying found on other novelty socks. The premium fabric ensures they will hold up for years of wears and washes without fading, while remaining soft, comfortable and well fitting.
- LUXURIOUS COMFORT: These novelty socks are made from a super soft blend of 5% elastic, 10% spandex, and 85% cotton, which allow them to comfortably stretch. With one touch you’ll notice how these socks gently hug your legs and feet without slouching or bunching.
Cold/Hot Therapy Socks - 6 Gel Packs/Pair - Compression Strap Plantar Faciitis - Arch Support - Foot Pain Relief - Neuropathy - Achilles - Storage Bag â€“ for Woman/Man - Foot Health (Small/Medium)
- GET INSTANT RELIEF for your sore, aching feet. Wearing these soft, very comfortable gel socks gives you the hot or cold therapy you need to feel better and come back strong. Your order comes with lots of extras that make this the finest value on Amazon. Comfortable, durable, reusable. ***PLEASE DO NOT STAND OR WALK WHEN WEARING THE GEL SOCKS.***
- 6 GEL PACKS PER PAIR. Most others have just 2 gels per sock, but experts recommend 3 per sock. We include 3 gels to be placed on top of your foot, another behind the heal, and a third on the bottom of the foot. This more effectively addresses the most common problems individuals have. You are going to love how much better your feet feel.
- GOES TO WORK FASTER to give you soothing pain relief. The 3 gel packs in each sock help relieve neuropathy, tired aching feet, muscles and tendon fatigue, Achilles and most other foot problems. This is essential for anyone who walks or runs. And for people who work on their feet in retail, manufacturing, and food service jobs.
- COMPLIMENTARY EXTRAS are included in your order. You get a travel size zip bag to store socks and gel packs. Perfect for travel or taking your gel socks to work. We also give you a helpful strap for plantar fasciitis and arch support. This is the quick, natural way to make feet feel better without the use of harsh, expensive pharmaceuticals that can sometimes be habit forming. No wonder this is the simple therapy many doctors recommend.
- GREAT GIFT IDEA for anyone with sore feet. Just right for birthday gift, holiday present, anniversary gift. Get yours now while we have a fresh shipment in stock. This improved value pack is selling quickly.
4 More Questions Answered
Stay away from strong smelling foods to avoid aggravating any disorders of taste. Avoid fatty fried, spicy and overly sweet foods, as they may induce nausea. Avoid refined sugars (including raw, brown and palm sugar) as well as refined carbohydrates as most tumours prefer glucose as a source of energy.
Moisturize, Moisturize, Moisturize Your Bald Head When going through chemo, try to keep your skin in the best shape possible by applying moisturizer. Opt for an ointment or cream as they're usually thicker than lotion. Apply it soon after getting out of the shower so your scalp doesn't have a chance to dry out.
The following timeline indicates what most people can expect to happen after chemotherapy: 2–3 weeks: Light, fuzzy hair forms. 1–2 months: Thicker hair begins growing. 2–3 months: An inch of hair may have grown.
Sign up to receive our monthly newsletter
- Protein, found in seafood, eggs, milk, cheese, yogurt, lean meat and beans.
- Vitamin A, found in green- or orange-colored fruits and vegetables, such as sweet potatoes, carrots, kale, spinach and apricots.
- Zinc, found in lean meats, poultry, seafood, seeds and nuts.