One benefit for horsepower junkies is that the LLY made use of the largest turbo ever offered on any Duramax engine. Not only was its 62mm, 11-blade compressor wheel inducer the biggest, but the height of its exhaust vanes were the tallest at 15mm (vs. 11.2mm on the LML engine available from '11-'16).
Along with, how much HP does a LLY Duramax have?
6.6L Duramax LLY Specs
Engine:6.6L Duramax LLY, 90 degree V8 diesel
|Peak Horsepower:||310 hp @ 3,000 rpm|
|Peak Torque:|| 520 lb-ft @ 1,600 rpm (2004 & 2005 model years) 605 lb-ft @ 1,600 rpm (2006 model year)|
|Approx 30"||Approx 30"|
Without doubt, what is the most reliable Duramax? Best Diesel Engine – 10 Most Reliable Units on the Market
- 6.6L Duramax LB7 – Overall Best Diesel Engine. ...
- 6.7L Power Stroke – Best Ford Diesel Engine. ...
- 7.3L Power Stroke – Best Powerstroke Engine. ...
- 6.6L Duramax LP5 – Best Year Duramax Diesel Engine. ...
- Chrysler 3.0L EcoDiesel – Best Small Diesel Engine. ...
- 6.6l Duramax LBZ.
In every case, what's the best year for the Duramax?
The 2001 - 2004 model years are great on fuel, have the least emissions components, and shouldn't give you any problems if the injectors were replaced under warranty. Avoid the 2007.5 - 2010 model year trucks if you are concerned with fuel economy.
Is LLY better than lb7?
The LB7 was the simplest in terms of emissions controls, while the LLY came with the largest turbocharger ever offered. ... The LML brought higher fuel pressure, cleaner emissions and nearly 400hp into the equation, while the current L5P upped the ante even further and has 600rwhp potential in '17-newer GM trucks.
Turbo Vane Position Sensor Kit with Socket Tool For 2004.5-2015 Chevrolet Chevy GMC Silverado Sierra 2500 HD 3500 6.6L and More Duramax Diesel LLY LBZ LMM LML
- Direct replacement for a proper fit every time
- Reliably validates position of the turbocharger vanes
- Comes with Parts and Tool
- Engineered and manufactured specifically for the repair environment
- Replaces Original Equipment (OE) number: 12643471
Turbo Charger Vane Position Sensor Kit for 6.6 Chevrolet GMC Silverado Sierra 2500 3500 HD Duramax LLY LBZ LMM LML 6.6L Diesel 2004.5-2015 Replaces 12643471 12635324 904-235 763527-0512
- FITS: 6.6L Chevy GMC Silverado Sierra 2500 HD 3500 and more Duramax diesel LLY LBZ LMM LML 2004.5-2015
- REPLACES: 12643471 12635324 763527-0512 5S11636 TCS1001 98011739 98061570 904-235
- FUNCTION: Reliably validates position of the turbocharger vanes.
- INSTALL: Easy to install - Plug and Play.
- NOTE: 2004-2005 GM LLY require adapter to use later style harness.
Dewhel Billet Turbo Resonator Plug Cover Cap For Chevy 2004.5-2010 Duramax Diesel LBZ LLY LMM (Black)
- Billet Aluminum
- Billet Turbo Resonator Delete Plug, LLY LBZ LMM 2004.5-2010,Replace the Stock Turbo Resonator with this Billet Delete Plug to clean up under your hood
- Chevy 2500HD 3500 Silverado Sierra 6.6L V8 Duramax diesel: 2004 late, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
- Mouth Piece Resonator Plug Fit 2004.5-2010 Chevy Duramax Billet Turbo Resonator Delete Plug (LLY/LBZ/LMM)
- Includes: 1 "Mouth Piece" Resonator plug w/ Orings
PULSAR 03-07 6.0 Powerstroke Turbo Rebuild Kit 6.6 Duramax LLY LBZ Staggered Step Gap Seals
- 360º thrust bearing vs. stock 270º thrust bearing enhances turbochargers durability.
- Staggered step gap compressor and turbine ends seal rings reduce oil blow by of the seals
- Fits 2003-2007 Ford 6.0L Powerstroke Diesel F250 F350 F450 F550 GT3782VA turbo
- Fits 2004.5-2007 GMC/Chevy 6.6L Duramax LLY LBZ Silverado Sierra HD GT3788VA
Exhaust Up Pipe Manifold & Turbo Gaskets Compatible with 6.6l Duramax Chevy GMC 2001-2016
- ▲ 12 point M10 bolts, grade 12.9 (160,000 psi tensile strength).
- ▲ These bolts are used to attach the driver and passenger side up-pipes to the exhaust manifold and turbocharger flanges.
- ▲ The OEM bolts should not be reused when replacing (or disconnecting) up-pipes as they lose their material properties and strength characteristics with age and heat exposure.
- ▲ They are extremely likely to break if reused and extraction is a tedious, time consuming process.
- ▲ Up Pipe Gasket set & Hardware Compatible with 2001-2016 Chevy/GMC 6.6l Duramax engines.
Turbo Inlet Manifold Intake Elbow 2004.5-2005 Duramax Diesel LLY 6.6L Sierra Silverado 6.6
- Increasing air flow / Smooth unrestricted flow designed
- Improves throttle response
- Lower EGTS keeping your engine running at cooler temperatures
- Increases performance 25hp and 57lbs x ft. Torque
- Powder coated black body CNC machined edges
Garrett Turbo Vane Sensor for 06-10 Chevy Duramax 6.6l
- OEM Sensor/Connector
- OEM Garrett Product
- Fits: 2006-2010 Duramax Diesels
GXP Direct Replacement Billet Aluminum Coolant Plate with O-Ring Seal Compatible with 2001-2017 Chevy/GMC 6.6 LB7 / LLY/LBZ/LMM/LML / L5P Duramax Diesel
- The GXP coolant plate eliminates the common leaking issue in your 2001-2017 GM 6.6L Duramax. The factory coolant plate has a cast design with a gasket. Over time, this plate commonly begins to leak. GXP offers this billet plate with a built-in O-ring seal for a leak-free installation. The GXP coolant plate is a thicker and more durable direct replacement for the factory plate.
- Billet Aluminum Construction
- Built-In O-Ring Seal
- Replaces Factory Coolant Plate | Installs Using Factory Bolts & Hardware
- Eliminate Rear Housing Coolant Leaks
PPE 5 Micron Premium High-Efficiency Oil Filter 114000550 Compatible with 2001-2019 Chevy/GMC 6.6 LB7 LLY LBZ LMM LML L5P Duramax Diesel
- Direct replacement for the stock oil filter - no adapter! | High-efficient 5 micron filtration
- Filter increases oil capacity by one quart | 900 sq. in. of accordion-folded nylon and fiberglass media
- Perforated metal core and spiral-wrapped adhesive secures filter media | 13/16-16 UNF threaded baseplate with 120% larger passages
- Twice the surface area, filtration and filter life | Compatible with conventional and synthetic oils
- Application: 2001-2019 GM 6.6L Duramax
RDP Heavy Duty Driver/Passenger Replacement Up Pipe Kit & Gaskets Compatible with 2001-2004 Chevy/GMC 6.6 LB7 Duramax Diesel
- Bolt-On Replacement | Faster Spool-Up & Increased Performance
- Significant Reduction In Exhaust Back Pressure | Free-Flowing Stainless Steel Inner Liner Bellows
- Stainless steel 11-gauge .120-inch wall, 2-inch OD Up-Pipes | Includes gaskets (bolts not included)
- 1-Year Warranty
- RDP is proud to announce the release of our new heavy duty replacement up-pipes. These up-pipes are designed for use on your 2001-2004 GM 6.6L Duramax diesel truck. These up-pipes are designed to lower EGT's, reduce drive pressure and accelerate turbo spool-up time- all while maintaining reliability! This kit includes (2) up-pipe to turbo gaskets and (2) up-pipe to manifold gaskets. These are all the gaskets necessary to install these replacement up-pipes on your vehicle.
9 More Questions Answered
Similar to the LB7, the LLY Duramax
is reliable, powerful, and lacks most of the emissions found on modern day diesel trucks
like the L5P. LLY Duramax
trucks don't suffer from the same injector failure problems that LB7 trucks frequently had. Instead, many LLY Duramax
problems stem from overheating.
2006-2007 GM LBZ Duramax Diesel Specs & Insight The LBZ Duramax is one of the most highly sought after diesels today. Why? It's more powerful than the LLY or LB7 Duramax and has almost none of the emissions found on the LMM, LML, and L5P trucks.
, Six-Speed ('11-'16) While the torque converter
and C3 clutches were still the first weak links to be found, we did witness one stock Allison
hold up to more than 600-rwhp.
Most reputable organizations, such as the Association of Diesel Specialists, would agree that the 6.6l Duramax is one of the most reliable diesel motors available today. Provided proper maintenance, it can easily hit the 350,000 mile mark, with some users claiming 400-500,000 miles is the norm.
Both the Ram Cummins and the Ford Power Stroke can pull over that amount, but the Duramax lags with a total towing capacity of 23,300. The Power Stroke wins here again with a total towing amount of 34,000 pounds versus the Ram's 31,210 pounds.
While the 6.7L Cummins and the 6.7L Power Stroke share the same displacement, the 6.6L Duramax is a pretty close match. ... Horsepower and torque numbers are similar between the three diesel engines, but the Cummins engine leads the pack with its torque rating breaching the four-figure threshold.
At some point in 2006 (in the LLY Duramax model) the water pump was changed from a cast iron impeller to a plastic one. All engines from that date on, including the LBZ, are very prone to frequent water pump failure. LBZ water pumps are known to fail every approx. 80,000 to 100,000 miles.
High Mileage Generally speaking, diesel trucks are sold with higher mileage than the typical used vehicle. It is not uncommon to see a used diesel truck for sale with over 200,000 miles on it. Granted, diesel engines typically have better reliability than a gasoline equivalent, but high mileage remains a concern.
This engine's beefier block casting, stronger connecting rods, higher pressure common-rail fuel system and updated ECM arguably made it the most powerful, drivable, reliable and tunable Duramax to date. Right out of the box, the LBZ produced 360hp and 650 lb-ft of torque.