Forage wagons are used to transport and unload feed into storage or feed areas. They are typically used on farms that raise large animals and grow their own feed. ... To unload the silage, the farmer used a tractor to pull his forage wagon next to his silo blower, which was attached to another tractor.
No less, what is a silage wagon?
Designed for farmers who rely solely on silage as the supplementary feed of choice. Hustler's silage wagons are built for large farmers and syndicates who simply cannot afford downtime and want to get the most production from their silage.
Nonetheless, what is a loading wagon? Edit page. A Loading Wagon (or "Forage Wagon") is an open receptacle on wheels, which can be filled with Grass, Straw or Chaff. Unlike a Tipper, the Loading Wagon can also collect Grass and Straw directly from the field. A Loading Wagon can dump its cargo at specific locations (such as selling points).
More than that, what is silage used for?
Silage is pasture grass that has been 'pickled'. It is a method used to preserve the pasture for cows and sheep to eat later when natural pasture isn't good, like in the dry season. The grasses are cut and then fermented to keep as much of the nutrients (such as sugars and proteins) as possible.
What is the purpose of chopping machine in silage making?
The small-size chopper is mainly adapted for chopping dry straw or silage on small-scale farms. The large chopper - also called a silage chopper - is mainly used for silage on cattle farms. The medium chopper is normally suited to cutting dry straw and silage, so it is called a straw-silage chopper.
John Deere 1/64 Scale 4960 Tractor with Forage Harvester & Wagon - LP67313
TOMY John Deere Big Farm Forage Wagon Vehicle
- ERTL's big farm is just like the real thing, only smaller!
- High quality plastic toy vehicles
- Durable enough for indoor and outdoor play!
- Realistic lights and sounds
- Suitable for ages 3 years and up
Mac Sports Collapsible Outdoor Utility Wagon with Folding Table and Drink Holders, Maroon
- ROOMY INTERIOR - Large Capacity Wagon opens to approx 43.7" x 20.2" x 22.5" and SETS UP IN SECONDS - No Assembly Required!
- CONVENIENT COMPACT STORAGE - Wagon folds to only 8" Thick! Folded size approx 29.5" x 20.2" x 8" and includes a protective cover
- LIGHTEN THE LOAD! The heavy duty frame allows loads up to 150 lbs, and the Durable 600D Fabric can be easily cleaned
- FUNCTIONAL FEATURES include an Adjustable Handle for effortless transport and a Rear Folding Table with 2 Cup Holders
- EASY TRANSPORT - Perfect for hauling gear to outdoor sporting events, concerts, trips to the park and great for use around the house. Please note that it is not made to transport children.
Mac Sports WTC-111 Outdoor Utility Wagon, Solid Blue
- LARGE CAPACITY - Sets up in seconds, No assembly required! Outside Dimensions Approx: 35" x 20" x 23". Size (inside)- Approx. 32 L x 20.1 W x 17.4 H inches. Size Unfolded- Approx. 35.5 L x 20.1 W x 22.5 H inches
- CONVENIENT COMPACT STORAGE - Wagon folds to only 8" thick! Folded size approx. 29.5" x 20" x 8" and includes a convenient carry case. Product Weight- Approx. 22.5 pounds
- LIGHTEN THE LOAD! - The heavy duty frame allows loads up to 150 lbs., and the Durable 600D Fabric can be easily cleaned. UV and mildew resistant
- FUNCTIONAL FEATURES include an adjustable handle for effortless transport and 2 Mesh Cup holders to keep your beverages secure.Handle Length:Approx. 30.5 inch
- EASY TRANSPORT - Perfect for hauling gear to outdoor sporting events, concerts, trips to the park or beach and great for use around the house. Please note that it is not made to transport children
FIXKIT Collapsible Folding Outdoor Utility Wagon, Heavy Duty Garden Cart with Carrying Bag, Wheel Brakes and 2 Cup Holders (Blue)
- [High-Capacity & Large Loading] This folding cart can carry up to 150lbs of weight and 80.6L large interior capacity. Outside Dimension: 36”L/19”W/22.5”H. Folding Dimension: 20”L/7.5”W/29”H. The one with lots of room for bulky and huge items and high-capacity to fit all the things that you need to transport without difficulties.
- [No Assembly & Fold Up Easily] Fold and unfold with less effort and require no assembly. Easy to take all the things directly out of the box. Equip with carry bag for easy storing to keep it protected when not in use. Taking up little space when stored away for the next use.
- [Heavy Duty Wheels with Brakes] Heavy duty PP wheels with 360 range of rotation for for easy maneuvering on corners and move on rough ground smoothly. 2 front wheels with brakes can remaining the wagon locked in position even in sloping ground.
- [Flexible Handle & Steel Frame] The flexible handle help you to adjust it with ease depending on your height so that you can pull the wagon at your arm’s length and with less effort. Frame made of steel is anti-corrosion, sturdy and durable.
- [Home and Trip Helper] Our heavy duty garden carts are very versatile for transporting items, carting your bulky items along with a sandy beach, outdoor work, camping, and much more.
Mac Sports Collapsible Folding Outdoor Utility Wagon (Wagon with Side Table (Utility, Light Grey)
- HEAVY DUTY - Folding outdoor utility wagon has a large capacity interior, perfect for storing camping gear, beach toys, snacks, and any other outdoor essentials. The heavy duty frame allows loads up to 150 lbs. Interior measures approximately 36.2" x 21.4" x 24.59".
- COMPACT STORAGE - Wagon cart folds to only 10" thick for easy storage in a car trunk or coat closet. Folded size measures approximately 31.48" x 21.4" x 9.64". The durable 600D fabric can be easily cleaned so you can leave your messes outside.
- SIDE TABLE - Foldable wagon features 2 built-in cup holders and a mobile phone holder. Ensures that all of your drinks and snacks are close at hand, and you can grab your phone to capture memories!
- ADJUSTABLE HANDLE - Collapsible wagon includes an adjustable, telescoping handle for effortless transport. Perfect for drivers of any size.
- EASY TRANSPORT - Perfect for hauling gear to outdoor sporting events, concerts, trips to the park, and camping. Once you’re back indoors, the wagon folds up for easy storage around the house and includes a carrying case.
VIVOHOME Heavy Duty 176 Lbs Capacity Collapsible Folding Outdoor Utility Wagon Patio Garden Cart with 2 Drink Holders and Wheels for Camping and Picnic
- HEAVY DUTY WAGON - Constructed with a heavy-duty tubular steel frame that is durable and not easily bent; The cart is made of PVC-coated 600 Oxford cloth that is both removable and easy to clean; Sets up in seconds, no tools required
- LARGE CAPACITY - Easy open trolley is perfect for those looking to transport large items around their yard; Dimensions: 36.2" (L) x 21.7" (W) x 15.0" (H), which can bear up to 176 Lbs; And with double-mesh front pockets, you can carry cups and drinks, or tools like pruning shears, hand shovels, or other small items
- COLLAPSIBLE DESIGN - Foldable design makes storage easy; Its folded dimensions are: 27.2" (L) x 11.4" (W) x 9.1" (H), meaning it is super small and compact; A carrying bag is included for portability and transport, and folded cart can stand independently
- ADJUSTABLE HANDLE - The handle height is adjustable according to your needs; Swiveling wheels and handle mean this cart can adjust directions 360º on a dime; Handle includes locking system that keeps it in place
- WIDE USES - The cart is great for hauling tents, beach umbrellas, outdoor gear, garden tools set, sporting goods, kids toys, firewood, potted and unplanted plants, even a child and other heavy weights; Ideal for trips to the garden, park, concerts, camping, outdoor sporting events or just around the home
BEAU JARDIN Folding Push Wagon Cart Collapsible Utility Camping Grocery Canvas Fabric Sturdy Portable Rolling Lightweight Buggies Outdoor Garden Sport Heavy Duty Shopping Cart Wagons With Wheels Black
- LARGE CAPACITY : Large load folding wagon cart outside dimensions approx 39.5"Lx22"Wx25.98"H. The collapsible utility wagon cart inside size is 31"Lx17.7"Wx10.8"H. Ground to the top of the handle is 38.6". Two cups in the fabric cup holders are not included.
- WEIGHT CAPACITY: The wheel of the canvas wagon is 1.96" wide and 7.87" in diameter, the utility wagon collapsible heavy duty frame. The spacing of the wheels can be adjusted randomly to suit different road surfaces. The folding wagons cart fabric material 600D Polyester,and it is removable for easy hand or hose washing,camping wagon cart frame material steel,the outdoor utility wagon cart sturdy black steel frame is more stable.
- 360 DEGREES FRONT WHEELS AND ADJUSTABLE HANDLE: The folding wagon come with heavy duty solid wheels - rotates 360 of the front wheel, the spacing of the wagon cart wheels can be adjusted randomly to suit different road surfaces. Telescoping handle provides an easy control on most terrains, camping wagon cart handle can be adjusted height and adapted to the different height person push the cart.
- EASY TRANSPORT : Sets up in Seconds, No Assembly Required!Small enough to fit in closet, on the wall or in the trunk of any standard car. Folding utility wagon cart is perfect for transporting shopping, on family outings or as a goods trolley, and great for trips, travel, vaction, garden,park,camping,grocery store, zoo, outdoor sporting events, or just move things.
- CUSTOMER CARE: We are dedicated to provide premium products for you and offer impeccable customer care to you. Don’t wait any longer and just enjoy your ideal products today!
YSC Wagon Garden Folding Utility Shopping Cart,Beach (Large, Red)
- No Assembly Required - Just un-fold and GO!
- Compact Storage- folds to Only 8" thick and folded size approx. 30" x 20" x 8"
- Durable High Strength 600D Polyester Fabric and it can be easily cleaned
- Adjustable handle for effortless transport and 2 mesh cup & cell phone holders keep your items secure.
- Large all terrain beach wheels for hauling gear to the beach, outdoor sporting events, concerts, picnics in the park, and around the house. Please note this wagon is NOT made to transport children
Creative Outdoor Distributor All-Terrain Folding Wagon, (Green) - Divider Included - Multipurpose Cart for Gardening, Camping, Beach Trips, and Travelling
- Expandable utility wagon, fold with one pull on the toggle, extra wide adjustable all-terrain rubber wheels, loopholes (from fishing rods to tennis racquets), two front pockets, six pockets along with flaps to hold gardening tools, drink holds, pockets for phones and keys.
- The frame of the wagon is the sturdiest by design and the fabric is a strong denier blend providing the strength required to haul up to 150lbs. 600 denier fabric is removable for easy hand or hose washing while the heavy duty handle is attached at high point to avoid hitting your wheels.
- WHEELS: All-terrain 4-inch wide wheels with rubber thread swivel 360 degrees for easy maneuvering in sand, snow or grass and a quiet ride on hard surfaces.
- DIMENSIONS: Open - 20"H x 42-1/2"L x 19-1/2"W plus 30" handle; Collapsed and Folded - 30"H x 20"W x 7-1/2"D; Fabric wagon body interior - 32-1/2"L x 17"W x 10-3/4"H. Weighs 20 lbs. Supports up to 150 lbs.
- STORAGE: Simple set up - folds up to fit in most car trunks (no assembly required). Fold the wagon by one pull on the toggle. Comes with travel/storage sleeve.
14 More Questions Answered
I always figured about 8 ton on a 16' wagon. When you fill one with the chopper, how many tons can you get in a 16ft Badger of Gehl wagon ? Going to depend upon what you are chopping and the moisture content of that product. Years ago, we weighed low 60% corn silage, in our 16 foot H&S boxes, and had 10 ton.
To convert cubic meters of silage to tonnes of fresh weight the calculated volume is multiplied by the appropriate conversion factor from Table 1 below. Assuming the silage analysis has shown a Dry Matter of 25%, multiply the volume of 1,050m³ by 0.68 to get 714 tonnes fresh weight of silage in the pit.
approximately 25 pounds per cubic foot
The auger wagon's primary function is to unload its cargo into other containers or machines. If the auger wagon detects that a valid receptacle is present underneath its overloading pipe's nozzle, it will automatically dump its cargo into that container.
Silage can be obtained in two ways: by keeping it in a covered silo or by wrapping a grass or hay bale. Getting silage from a silo - put grass, hay or chaff (you can get it only by using a special combine) in a silo. You can find silos near a Biogas Plant (available after purchasing).
Baling technology allows you to collect hay, grass or straw, turn them into balers, and wrap them. When you cut grass, you get hay or straw - collect them with a loading wagon, a forage harvester with the right header or with a baler. This gives you bales which are convenient to load, transport, and store.
Silage has several advantages over hay as a mechanically harvested product. Silage has more nutrients preserved per acre because there is less field loss. Silage is also less affected by weather damage because the forage does not lie in the field drying.
We used to have an upright silo that the cows would gather around to lick the seepage from the fermenting corn. They wouldn't get seriously drunk (they are big animals and it's seepage,not flow) they probably would be OK to drive :P.
This is usually caused by the growth of clostridial bacteria in the silage. These organisms produce butyric acid, which smells like rancid butter. Clostridial bacteria normally live in manure and soil, and often their spores are present on forage.
Dry matter losses can be reduced by chopping finely, packing well, filling the silo rapidly, harvesting at the optimal plant moisture, making deep piles of silage, covering the surface with a plastic sheet and covering the sheet with touching tire sidewalls, and feeding at least 8–12 inches/day from the exposed face.
A cow can eat about 55-60 lbs of corn silage per day (33% moisture. To grow cattle from 300 to 1000 pounds on only corn silage would require about 7 tons of silage.
Example Calculation The pounds of silage in the silo is calculated by multiplying: Length (ft) x width (ft) x depth (ft) x density (lb/cu-ft) at the final moisture content. For example the silo is 50 feet long by 30 feet wide and the silage averages 12 feet deep.