Because the strings on a shorter-scale are under less tension, they are easier to bend and fret. The wider fret spacing on longer-scale guitars also means that, depending on the size of your hands, they can be a little more difficult to play than those with a shorter scale. Fingers have to stretch further.
Beside, what size classical guitar should I get?
Generally, adults are comfortable with full size guitars (40” Concert size and 41” Dreadnought in acoustic guitars). If you are small in stature consider a 40” Concert size guitar or smaller. If your are very tall consider a 41” Dreadnought size guitar.
Brief, are classical guitars smaller? Classical guitars are slightly smaller than acoustic guitars and there are a few minor differences in the actual shape of the body. ... When it comes to the fretboard, the fretboard of an acoustic guitar is noticeably narrower and the fretboard of classical guitars don't have fret markers (or dots) along the board.
At all events, why use a short scale guitar?
Scale length can have a significant effect on playability. All factors being equal (string gauge, string length beyond the nut and saddle, break angles, and so on), shorter scales produce lower string tension, are more elastic, easier to fret, and require less arm extension.
What is the normal scale length for a guitar?
Cordoba Mini II FMH, Flamed Mahogany, Small Body, Nylon String Guitar
- Comfortable 1/2 size guitar, with standard tuning
- Layered Flamed Mahogany top, back and side
- NuBone nut, 1.875" width
- C-profile mahogany neck; 22.875" scale length
- Satin polyurethane body and neck finish
- Hand orientation: Right
Cordoba C9 Parlor Small Body Classical Acoustic Nylon String Guitar, Luthier Series, with Polyfoam Case
- Solid Canadian cedar top with solid mahogany back and sides
- Lightweight, 7/8 size classical guitar
- Hand inlaid Mother-of-Pearl "Esteso" Rosette
- Rosewood fingerboard and Indian rosewood bridge
- Includes Cordoba Polyfoam case
Yamaha JR1 3/4-Scale Acoustic Guitar Bundle with Gig Bag, Tuner, Strings, String Winder, Picks, and Austin Bazaar Polishing Cloth
- 21 1/4" scale length
- Spruce top; Meranti sides and back
- Rosewood fingerboard and bridge
- Nato neck
- Steel strings
Yamaha CGS102A 1/2-Size Classical Guitar Bundle with Gig Bag, Tuner, Strings, String Winder, Austin Bazaar Instructional DVD, and Polishing Cloth
- Solid spruce top
- Deep meranti sides & back
- Beautiful rosewood fretboard & bridge
- 1/2-sized for children & beginners
- Compliant nylon strings
Antonio Giuliani Acoustic Mahogany Guitar Bundle - Mini Jumbo Short Scale (DN-2P) - Dreadnought Travel Guitar with Case, Strap, Tuner, Strings and Accessories By Kennedy Violins
- [PROFESSIONALLY SET UP SHORT SCALE] Our protege short scale acoustic guitar is the perfect size for travel or for smaller hands with a 23 5/8" scale. Our classical guitar was built with a Dreadnought cutaway body for an even, balanced tone and is professionally set up by our experienced luthiers. WA state based company.
- [MAHOGANY NECK] One-piece mahogany neck with a 25.5" Scale, Laminated ribbon sapele top, Laminated ribbon sapele back and sides. Dual-action truss rod and X-braced.
- [ACCESSORIES INCLUDED] Your DL-2P guitar comes with; a Antonio Giuliani gig bag, cleaning cloth, nylon strap, electronic tuner, KV guitar picks, installed high-quality steel strings, and an extra set of Portland strings.
- [HIGHEST QUALITY GUITAR] Kennedy Violins is known for having the highest-quality craftsmanship and performance instruments. Playing your music with the best quality guitar, as you know, makes all the difference.
- [LIFETIME GUARANTEE] All of our Giuliani DN-2P acoustic guitars are fully backed by a lifetime warranty and a 45-day money-back guarantee. Are you ready to try out your new Giuliani guitar bundle?
Cordoba C1M 1/2 Small Body Acoustic Nylon String Guitar, ProtÃ©gÃ© Series
- Spruce top
- Mahogany back & sides
- Lightweight 1/2 size classical
- Satin finish
- Savarez cristal Corum strings in high tension, 500Cj
- Hand orientation: Right
Yamaha CGS102A Half-Size Classical Guitar - Natural
- Spruce top
- Meranti back & sides
- Rosewood fingerboard & bridge, natural finish
- Strings scale 25.6 inches, body depth 3.15 - 3.3 inches, finger board width (Nut/Body) 2.05 inches
Yamaha JR1 3/4 Size Acoustic Guitar Bundle with Bag,Strap,Strings,Winder and Picks
- Spruce top meranti back and sides
- Rosewood fretboard and bridge
- 3/4 size for kids and young adults
Classical Guitar with Soft Nylon Strings by Hola! Music, Full Size 39 Inch Model HG-39GLS, Natural Gloss Finish - FREE Padded Gig Bag Included
- Hola! Music Full Size Classical Guitar HG-39GLS features: Spruce top, Mahogany back, sides and neck
- Nut width: 52mm / 2 inches. Number of frets: 19
- This classical guitar provides the perfect combination of style, sound, and savings
- Small and light, but produces big, beautiful melodies. Nylon strings give you a sound that’s perfect for jazz and classical music
- Glossy finish gives this guitar a touch of glamour. FREE padded gig bag included!
- Don't miss!! Full description, images and specifications down the page. Hola! Music guarantees quality and affordability. Hola! - Say Hello to Music!
Fender Squier 3/4 Size Kids Mini Strat Electric Guitar Learn-to-Play Bundle w/ Amp, Cable, Tuner, Strap, Picks, Fender Play Online Lessons, and Austin Bazaar Instructional DVD - Brown Sunburst
- 3/4-size body; 22.75" scale length
- Ideal size for children ages 6 to 12 years
- "C"-shaped maple neck and 20-fret fingerboard
- Three single-coil Stratocaster pickups with five-way switching, and vintage-style hardtail Stratocaster bridge
- Bundle includes Guitar, Amplifier, Instrument Cable, Tuner, Strap, Picks, Fender Play Online Lessons, and Austin Bazaar Instructional DVD
8 More Questions Answered
Each brand may build their guitars at a slightly different size. A typical full-size guitar is around 38 inches long (96.5cm) with a scale length of around 25.5 inches (64.8cm). ... Even if the total length is far longer or shorter than 38 inches, if the scale length is around 25 inches or higher, it's a full-sized guitar.
Top 9 Best Classical Guitars In 2020 Reviews
- Yamaha NCX1200R Acoustic-Electric Classical Guitar.
- Yamaha CGX122MSC Classical Acoustic-Electric Guitar.
- Cordoba C3M Acoustic Nylon String Classical Guitar.
- Yamaha C40II Classical Guitar.
- Ibanez 6 String Classical Guitar GA3.
- Alvarez AC65 Acoustic Guitar.
Even though 3/4-sized guitars are recommended for 8-12-year-olds, this doesn't mean they are not suitable for adults, too. Increasingly, adult players - even experienced ones - have been opting for playing 3/4 size guitars too, due to the convenient size (especially when travelling) and the more punchy sound.
Electric is a totally different instrument, anyone can play either but to master both takes special abilities and a lot of work.
Are wide neck guitars easier to play? If you have large hands and long fingers, then yes. Rather than trying to squeeze your fingers into fretboards, a wide neck guitar will allow you to play comfortably.
With a pick you can play only single-string or strum. Music for classical guitar generally involves chords in which several strings are plucked simultaneously and the only way to do that is by finger-picking. ... With a pick, of with your fingers; in part with a pick and in part with your fingers.
When people talk about a short scale, it's typically 24 3/4 inches, while long scale is over 25 inches. A greater scale length means more tension in the strings, since they have to span a greater distance. Since short-scale guitars have less string tension, they have a little more wiggle room and punch.
Member. kimock said: That is correct. It's also true the string will be more in tune with itself, less false, as the length increases relative to the cross-section and the tension goes up, so shorter scale lengths are disadvantageous with respect to intonation beginning right at the string.