An SMO (Supramalleolar Orthosis) supports the foot just above the ankle bone or malleolus. SMOs are prescribed for patients who have soft, flexible, flat feet (pes planovalgus). They are mostly worn by children. The SMO is designed to maintain a vertical, or neutral, heel while also supporting the arches of the foot.
Along with it, what are the best shoes for Afos?
Recommended AFO Shoes & SMO Shoes
- New Balance.
- Stride Rite.
For all that, what is the difference between AFO and SMO? SMO (Supra Malleolar Orthotics) the smaller shoe that helps stabilize the ankle and prevents the arch of the foot from collapsing. AFO (Ankle Foot Orthotics) this brace helps hold the foot and ankle in the correct position.
Still further, how much are SMO orthotics?
Rebuilt SMO Brace, Rs 4999 /pair Rebuilt Prosthetics And Orthotics | ID: 16258927273.
What is a AFO brace?
An ankle-foot orthosis, or AFO, is a support intended to control the position and motion of the ankle, compensate for weakness, or correct deformities. ... Due to the common use for addressing foot drop, AFO has become synonymous with the term “foot-drop brace”.
BILLY Footwear Kids Baby Girl's Classic Lace High (Toddler) White Rainbow 7 Toddler M
BILLY Footwear Classic Lace High (Toddler) Black to The Floor Canvas 10 Toddler M
- Baby Boys Shoes
- Casual Shoes
- Black To The Floor
Saucony Baby Jazz Lite Sneaker, Pink Monster, 8 XW US Toddler
- alternative closure for easy on/off and adjustibility
- non marking rubber outsole for durability
ikiki Spider Squeaky Shoes for Toddlers w/Adjustable Squeaker, Gray Girl or Boy Shoes (Size 9, Silk Von Webster)
Converse Unisex-Child Chuck Taylor All Star Canvas High Top Sneaker, Pink, 16 M US
- Lace-up, high-top sneaker
- Lightweight, breathable canvas
STQ Toddler Boy Shoes, Lightweight Running Tennis Athletic Sports Casual Sneakers Navy Blue 8 M US Toddler
- [Breathable Upper]: Engineered knits and mesh upper ensure the breathability of the shoes, keep the feet dry and comfortable, and support washable.
- [User-friendly Design]: Hooks and straps on the instep, no need to tie shoes, velcro design making it easy for kids to put on or take off shoes.
- [Non-slip Outsole]: Durable outsole with non-slip rubber provides excellent traction, perfect for school and daily wear.
- [Comfortable Inside]: Lightweight material offers your kid a better wearing experience, bring comfort when they stand or play for a long time.
- [Occasions]: These toddler sneaker shoes great for running, tennis, walking, playing, athletic, sports and daily wear, fits for spring summer and fall.
New Balance Kid's 223 V1 Hook and Loop Sneaker, Coral, 3.5 XW US Toddler
BILLY Footwear Classic Lace High (Toddler/Little Kid/Big Kid) Black 4 Big Kid M
- Boys Shoes
- Casual Shoes
- Black To The Floor
New Balance Kid's 223 V1 Hook and Loop Sneaker, Navy, 4 XW US Toddler
See Kai Run Girl's Robyne Sneaker, Purple Daisy, 10 M US Little Kid
- Premium breathable and durable cotton canvas upper. Fully lined with cotton canvas for breathability.
- Molded, removable leather insole conforms to the foot for a custom feel and cradles the heel for a secure fit.
- Our flexible and lightweight outsole is non marking and slip resistant. The herringbone tread provides traction for play and built in rubber toe provides protection.
- A wide opening makes shoes easy for kids and parents to get on. The reverse strap provides extra adjustability to ensure an accurate fit. Our fit is designed to allow toes to move freely and develop best.
- Approved by the American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA) to promote healthy foot development.
8 More Questions Answered
This device is used to control instabilities in the lower limb by maintaining proper alignment and controlling motion. A floor (ground) reaction AFO (FRAFO or GRAFO) is a custom fabricated, molded plastic device.
Follow the program below to help your skin and muscles adjust to having the brace on. Day 1 - Wear your brace for up to two hours ON, followed by one hour OFF for a total wearing time of 6 hours. Day 2 - Wear your brace for up 4 hours.
Shoe inserts or foot orthotics will take up shoe space intended for your feet. If you require inserts or orthotics, you'll need a roomier shoe; otherwise, the inserts can't function properly and your shoes won't fit right. 9.
- Apis 728E - Men's Stretchable Shoe. ...
- Propet Tour Walker Strap - Women's Walking Shoe. ...
- Aravon Beaumont Fisherman - Women's Adjustable Sandal. ...
- Mt Emey 9703L - Men's Hiking Boot. ...
- Apis 628E - Women's Stretchable Shoe. ...
- Orthofeet Quincy - Women's Casual Shoe. ...
- Apis 9708 - Men's Lightweight Athletic Shoe.
Children do not usually need custom-made orthotics until about the age of six years old. If at that point a child is still not developing a normal arch, or if toe-in persists, orthotics may be needed. This is particularly true when the child is involved in athletics and sports activities.
Custom designed using optimal materials and components specific to your needs! AFO / SMO (abbreviated: AFO) is a brace, worn on the lower leg and foot to support and hold the foot and ankle in the appropriate position. ... AFO / SMO's are also used to immobilize the ankle and foot in the presence of arthritis or fracture.
Corrective bracing is most useful in correcting limb-related issues, such as ankle, knee, wrist, or elbow problems. It may also help with neck problems like torticollis.
Most insurance companies cover some, if not all of the cost of orthotics when they are deemed medically necessary. Some plans may also cover Orthopaedic shoes, bracing, and compression garments, as needed. It is best to call you insurance company or check their website to note the coverage that is available to you.