Best Serger Sewing Machines of 2020
- Janome 8002D Serger Sewing Machine. ...
- Janome MyLock 634D Overlock Serger. ...
- Brother ST4031HD Overlocker. ...
- Brother 2340CV Serger Overlock Machine. ...
- Brother Designio Series DZ1234 Serger. ...
- Janome MOD-8933 Serger Sewing Machine. ...
- SINGER Professional 5 14T968DC Serger. ...
- Singer Finishing Touch Serger.
Either way, what is the best brand of Overlocker?
Keep scrolling to read our overlocker reviews and get yourself a new machine!
- Janome 8002DG Overlocker.
- Brother 734DS.
- Jaguar Overlocker Advanced 099.
- Singer ProFinish 14CG754 Overlocker.
- Janome 9200D Overlocker.
- Pfaff Hobbylock 2.0.
- Janome 6234XL.
- Janome AirThread 2000D Professional Air Thread Overlocker.
Along with, what is the best serger on the market today? Here are the best serger sewing machines:
- Best overall: Brother 1034D 3/4 Thread Serger with Differential Feed.
- Best on a budget: Singer ProFinish 14CG754 Serger.
- Best portable serger: Juki MO654DE Portable Thread Serger Sewing Machine.
- Best for beginners: Janome 8002D Serger.
Along with that, why should I buy a serger?
With a serger, you can stitch up lovely rolled hems to finish off your table linens, gathers for beautiful ruffles on pillows and so much more! The extra strength that is given when using the serger on the seams allows for a longer life to your handmade sewing projects.
Can a serger do embroidery?
Yes, they are different machines entirely. A serger sews two pieces of fabric together and finishes the edges so that they are encased in thread and don't ravel. ... An embroidery machine makes a design in thread on the top of the fabric.
JUKI MO654DE Portable Thread Serger Sewing Machine
- 2/3/4 Thread serger with automatic rolled hem
- Color coded threading breakaway looper external adjustment for stitch length and differential feed
- Powerful knife system with dedicated drive mechanism. Sewing Speed: Max. 1500 spm
- Sews light to heavy weight fabric. Max. Stitch Length- 4mm
- Safety Switch machine will not run when swing cover is open.Differential Feed:0.7 : 2.0 Ratio
- Carton Description is MO600 Series
- Included components: Accessories
Singer | X5004HD Heavy Duty Serger with Metal Frame, 2/3/4 Thread Capacity, and 60% Larger Cutting Knife - Sewing Made Easy
- Heavy Duty Metal Frame
- 60% Larger Cutting Knife
- 2/3/4 Thread Capacity
- 8 Built-In Stitches
- 1300 Stitches per Minute
- 2 LED Lights
- Built-In Rolled Hem Plate
- X5004HD Serger
Brother Serger, 1034DX, Durable Metal Frame Overlock Machine 1,300 Stitches Per Minute, Trim Trap, 3 Accessory Feet and Protective Cover Included
- METAL FRAME SERGER: The Brother 1034DX is a durable serger made with a metal frame
- HIGH PERFORMANCE: A high performance 3 or 4 thread serger that can handle multiple layers of denim and other thick materials
- 1,300 STITCHES PER MINUTE: Serge more in less time by sewing up to 1,300 stitches per minute. Control speed with the included foot pedal
- EASY TO THREAD: Easy-to-learn with the included instructional videos, color-coded thread guides and numbered upper and lower thread loopers
- INCLUDED ACCESSORY FEET: Standard, blind stitch and gather feet are included with the 1034DX along with a soft, protective machine cover
Brother ST4031HD Serger, Strong & Tough Serger, 1,300 Stitches Per Minute, Durable Metal Frame Overlock Machine, Large Extension Table, 3 Included Accessory Feet
- Metal frame: The ST4031HD is a strong, reliable serger built to tackle heavy duty projects with its sturdy metal frame
- High performance: This Strong & Tough series 3-4 thread serger has a high durability blade made from extra hard carbon steel, producing a smoother cut edge and a clean, professional finish
- 1,300 Stitches per minute: Get more serging done in less time with a maximum sewing speed of up to 1,300 stitches per minute
- Easy to thread: Color-coded thread guides along with numbered upper and lower thread loopers make the ST4031HD easy to use
- Included accessory feet: 3 accessory feet come with the ST4031HD including standard, blind stitch, and gathering feet along with a large extension table for bigger projects
SINGER | ProFinish 14CG754 2-3-4 Thread Serger with Adjustable Stitch Length, & Differential Feed - Sewing Made Easy,White
- SINGER SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER ProFinish 14CG754 Serger has 2-3-4 thread capability providing a wide selection of stitch options for all types of projects with professional results every time
- ADJUSTABLE STITCH LENGTH SEWING MACHINE: Adjustable stitch length and width, differential feed and color-coded lay-in threading provide ease of use
- PORTABLE SEWING MACHINE: Carry handle makes it easy to transport your serger
- FREE ARM SEWING MACHINE: The optional free arm lets you easily sew sleeves and cuffs. At 1, 300 stitches-per-minute with automatic fabric trimming, this machine will have you zipping through projects from day one
- 4 BUILT-IN ROLLED HEMS: Converting to the Rolled Hem sewing mode is effortless. An easy access lever moves the stitch finger in position for rolled hemming
- SEWING MACHINE ACCESSORIES: A variety of accessories are included with all-purpose foot, needle set, tweezers, spreader (for 2 thread stitches), small screwdriver, foot control, power cord, instruction manual with included stitch guide
- : Limited 90-DAY for Adjustments, Belts, Rings, Bulbs, Attachments; Limited 2-Year for Motors, Light assembly, Wiring, Switches, Speed control and Electronic Components; Limited 25-Year for Sewing Machine Head
SINGER 4423 Sewing Machine, grey
- SINGER HEAVY DUTY SEWING MACHINE: The 23 built-in stitches including basic, stretch, decorative, and buttonhole stitches allow you to sew a variety of projects, such as fashions, home décor, quilts, crafts, and more
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER SEWING MACHINE: After following the threading path printed right on the machine, this built-in feature helps you to effortlessly thread the eye of the needle without eye strain or frustration. Amps (0.7). Watts (84). Volts (120). Hz (60)
- HIGH-SPEED SEWING MACHINE:The Singer 4423 Sewing Machine has a maximum sewing speed of 1, 100 stitches-per-minute, so projects can be sewn quickly. The 60% Stronger Motor provides greater piercing power for thick seams
- HEAVY DUTY METAL FRAME: The Singer 4423 heavy duty sewing machine is a true workhorse. With a heavy-duty metal interior frame, stainless steel bedframe, extra-high sewing speed and powerful motor, this sewing machine can sew through a variety of heavy weight fabrics and provides long lasting stability
- SEWING MACHINE ACCESSORIES: A variety of accessories are included with All-purpose foot, zipper foot, buttonhole foot, button sewing foot, seam ripper/lint brush, quilting guide, needles, bobbins, screwdriver, auxiliary spool pin, spool pin felt are all conveniently located and stored in the accessory tray. A soft-sided dust cover is also included in the packaging
- WARRANTY: SINGER 4423 Heavy Duty Portable Sewing Machine has 25 Year Limited Warranty. Note : Refer to the Videos and also the PDF attached below in Technical Specification for Manuals.
Juki 1-Needle, 3-Thread Overlock Machine MO-623
- No need to change needle plate to convert to rolled hem, its built in!
- 3 Thread for Overcasting; 2-Thread Adaptor Available
- Disengageable Knife Cutting Mechanism
- Up to 1500 Stitches Per Minute Speed
- Adjustable Stitch Length and Cutting Width
JUKI MO644D Portable Serger
- 2/3/4 Thread serger with automatic rolled hem
- Color coded threading breakaway looper adjustment for stitch length and differential feed
- Powerful knife system with dedicated drive mechanism. Sewing Speed - Max. 1500 spm
- Sews light to medium weight fabric
SINGER 7258 100-Stitch Computerized 76 Decorative Stitches, Automatic Needle Threader and Bonus Accessories, Packed with Features and Easy Sewing Machine, 19 pounds
- PUSH BUTTON STITCH SELECTION: The SINGER Stylist 7258 sewing machine allows you to select the desired stitch with just a simple push of a button. Optimum settings for length, width and tension are set automatically and are customizable with adjustable stitch length and stitch width. Volts : 120V. Amps : 0.62. Watts-74
- WARRANTY: SINGER Stylist 7258 Sewing Machine has 25 Year Limited Warranty , 60 Hertz
- This sewing machine is warranted for use in the US and Canada at 110 volts only
SINGER | Quantum Stylist 9960 Computerized Portable Sewing Machine with 600-Stitches, Electronic Auto Pilot Mode, Extension Table and Bonus Accessories, Perfect for Customizing Projects
- SINGER COMPUTERIZED SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 portable sewing machine has loads of ease-of-use features to allow you to fulfill your creative dreams Has a large selection of stitches including basic, stretch and decorative stitches for fashion sewing, quilting, home decor and crafting There’s even a selection of fonts to personalize projects
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER: Threading the machine is so easy that you can have the entire machine threaded, from the spool to the needle’s eye, in seconds The built-in needle threader threads the eye of the needle for you, eliminating eye strain and frustration
- BEST SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 sewing machine has 600 Built-In Stitches including 5 Alphanumeric Fonts and 13 built-in 1-Step Buttonholes with Exclusive Buttonhole Underplate It also has Mirror Imaging and Stitch Elongation providing even more creative possibilities
- HIGH-SPEED SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 sewing machine has a maximum sewing speed of 850 stitches-per-minute, projects can be sewn quickly
- SEWING MACHINE ACCESSORIES: A variety of presser feet are included with the sewing machine: All-Purpose Foot, Zipper Foot, Buttonhole Foot with Underplate, Button Sewing Foot, Blind Hem Foot, Satin Stitch Foot, Open Toe Foot, Overcasting Foot, Darning and Embroidery Foot, Rolled Hem Foot, Cording Foot, Straight Stitch/Quilting Foot, Even Feed / Walking Foot 110 volt machine designed for United States and Canadian use only
3 More Questions Answered
The Singer SES1000 is a sewing machine, embroidery machine, and serger, all built in to one model. This versatile machine can be used to finish almost any project you can think of.
One of the differences between the two different models is that the second one, the Elna, will cost more than the first one, Janome. The Janome Serger has 1300 spm speed as does the Elna 664 pro. The latter machine can use 2, 3, and 4 different threads with the Janome using 3 and 4.
Whilst overlockers are a handy tool, especially if you want a super professional finish, they aren't an essential. If you are looking to market your products, it may well be a good investment as it will give your designs a professional, finished look and an upper hand.