400 ish yards
Add on, is a 22 250 a good deer gun?
Yes, The 22-250 will kill deer and antelope out to 300 but closer is better. I've done it so I have some history. I've shot more 22-250 rounds than any other rifle cartridge with the exception of the 222 Rem and I still do not count the . 224 diameter calibers as big game bores.
Briefly, what is a 22 250 rifle used for? The . 22-250 Remington is a very high-velocity (capable of reaching over 4000 feet per second), short action, . 22 caliber rifle cartridge primarily used for varmint hunting and small game hunting. Though it finds occasional use on deer, this is not recommended.
In overall, will a 22 250 kill an elk?
The 22-250 can flat out kill and kill spectacularly. I have seen it used on deer and, God forbid, elk with 55gr soft points. One of the local natural resources guy uses one. I would love to use one if it were legal here.
Can a 22 250 kill deer?
22-250 is very popular. Most lost deer are the result of poor shots, not caliber. I would give that SPS a try.
Monstrum G2 6-24x50 First Focal Plane FFP Rifle Scope with Illuminated Rangefinder Reticle and Parallax Adjustment | Flat Dark Earth
- High precision tactical rifle scope with 6-24x magnification, a 50mm objective lens, and an eye relief of 4-4.5 inches
- Functionally designed first focal plane rangefinder reticle, with easy-to-read ranging information that remains constant regardless of magnification, for faster range estimation and holdover correction
- Equipped with an adjustable objective lens - or AO - that allows for sharper focus of the target image, elimination of parallax, and range estimation
- Touch-button controlled reticle illumination in both red and green with multiple brightness intensities, for better reticle visibility at night or in low light in environments
- Package also includes set of high profile picatinny scope rings, a detachable honeycomb filter sunshade, a set of spring loaded flip-up lens covers, a lint free cleaning cloth, and one CR2032 3V battery
Sniper MT4-16X50AOL Hunting Rifle Scope/Red, Green Illuminated Mil Dot Reticle/Fully Multi-Coated Lens/Wind and Elevation Adjust/Front AO Adjust for fine Tuning/3" Sunshade
- Red, Green Illuminated
- Mil-Dot Reticle/Fully Multi-Coated Lens
- Sunshade and mount included
- QTA (Quick Adjustment) turrets with precise 1/4" MOA click value for wind and elevation adjustment
- Nitrogen purged scope body, completely sealed with o-ring, rendering scope Waterproof, and fog proof
CVLIFE Hunting Rifle Scope 6-24x50 AOE Red and Green Illuminated Gun Scope with Free Mount
- Magnification: 6-24x
- Objective Diameter: 50mm
- Field Of View: 28 ft @ 100 yards
- Click Value: 1/8 inch @ 100 yards
- Illuminated Type of the rifle scope: Red and Green
Vortex Optics Crossfire II 3-12x56 Adjustable Objective Hog Hunter, Second Focal Plane, 30mm Tube Riflescope - V-Brite Illuminated Reticle
- The 3-12x56 Adjustable Objective Hog Hunter Crossfire II riflescope excels when hunting in the lowest light. The V-Brite reticle and over-sized objective allow hunters to take shots from heavy cover with the utmost confidence in tough light conditions .
- The adjustable objective provides image focus and parallax removal to the shooter while anti-reflective, fully multi-coated lenses provide bright and clear views.
- With long eye relief and an ultra-forgiving eye box, you'll be able to quickly get a sight picture and acquire your target. The fast focus eyepiece allows quick and easy reticle focusing.
- Capped reset turrets are finger adjustable with MOA clicks that can be reset to zero after sighting in.
- A single piece tube constructed from aircraft grade aluminum ensures strength and shockproof performance. O-ring sealed and nitrogen purged, the Crossfire II delivers waterproof and fogproof performance.
Pinty 4-16X40 Rifle Scope AO Red Green Blue Illuminated Mil Dot with Flip-Open Covers, Sunshade Tube
- Pinty riflescope features unsurpassed light transmission, uncompromising mechanical performance and unbeatable optical clarity
- Hand-turn 1/2 MOA windage and elevation adjustments along with zero locking function
- Value combo includes: a riflescope with true magnification from 4 to 16 times, 2 flip-up covers, mounts and a sunshade tube
- Picatinny mount easily mountable to any 20mm rails; Rugged, one piece body tube, premium quality
- Fully multi-coated lens, water, fog and shock proof
Barska AC10048 Varmint 6.5-20x50 Rifle Scope Target Dot Reticle Adjustable Objective
- Precision Aiming: The 6. 5-20x magnification scope features 1/8 MOA click adjustments for precision accuracy.
- Quality Construction: The scope comes with multi-coated optics, providing impressive viewing clarity. Tube diameter 1".
- Target Dot Reticle: The scope comes with target dot crosshair reticle for easy targeting, ideal for any type of shooting.
- Special Design: The scope is specifically constructed to withstand the reverse recoil produced by airguns. It is waterproof, fogproof, and shockproof.
- Accessories: The scope comes with scope caps and lens cloth.
CVLIFE 4-16x44 Tactical Rifle Scope Red and Green Illuminated Built with Locking Turret Sunshade and Scope Mount Included
- With the locking turret, the CVLIFE rifle scope is a great choice for hunting and shooting.
- Completed with the fully coated optical glass, the scope would give you a bright and high-contrast image.
- Made of high-strength aluminum alloy and with its one-piece tube construction, the gun scope is definitely for greater strength and durability.
- Coming with the sunshade, you can use the tactical rifle scope in any light condition.
- Free 20mm rail mounts included makes the tactical scope can be installed conveniently and work perfectly.
Vortex Optics Crossfire II 2-7x32 Second Focal Plane, 1-inch Tube Riflescope - Dead-Hold BDC Reticle
- The 2-7x32 Crossfire II riflescope is one of many configurations in the Crossfire II line. The Dead-Hold BDC reticle is good for hunting/shooting at varying ranges where estimating holdover is a concern
- With long eye relief and an ultra-forgiving eye box, you'll be able to quickly get a sight picture and acquire your target. The fast focus eyepiece allows quick and easy reticle focusing
- Anti-reflective, fully multi-coated lenses provide bright and clear views for the user; Max Elevation Adjustment: 60 MOA
- Capped reset turrets are finger adjustable with MOA clicks that can be reset to zero after sighting in
- A single piece tube constructed from aircraft grade aluminum ensures strength and shockproof performance. O-ring sealed and nitrogen purged, the Crossfire II delivers waterproof and fogproof performance
Monstrum 1-4x20 Rifle Scope with Rangefinder Reticle and Medium Profile Scope Rings | Black
- Tactical rifle scope providing crystal clear targeting at 1-4x magnification, with a 20mm objective diameter and an eye relief of 3.5-3.8 Inches
- Glass rangefinder reticle for on-the-fly range estimation and long distance targeting
- Lever controlled reticle illumination in both red and green with multiple brightness intensities
- Includes set of 1 inch medium profile scope rings
- Aircraft grade aluminum construction with a 1 inch sealed, nitrogen charged tube for resistance to water and fog
Vortex Optics Strike Eagle 4-24x50 Second Focal Plane Riflescope - EBR-4 Reticle (MOA)
- The Strike Eagle 4-24x50 is built to execute technical, short-to-long range shots while offering rock solid quality and repeatable performance.
- Fully multi-coated lenses produce crisp, bright images guaranteeing you can see your target when it counts. The glass-etched, second focal plane reticle gives detailed holdpoints yet remains visually clean for optimal viewing.
- A highly verstaile 6x zoom range lends itself to a wide array of shooting scenarios. A streamlined, side parallax knob with built-in illumination rotates through 11 levels of brightness and runs on a CR2032 battery.
- Zero resettable, tactical style turrets have clearly marked adjustment rotation indicators that ensure accurate dialing and reference of travel within the optic's adjustment range.
- The single piece, 30mm tube is ruggedly built to withstand recoil and impact. O-ring sealed and nitrogen purged, the Strike Eagle delivers waterproof and fogproof performance.
3 More Questions Answered
22LR rather than as the high powered cartridge that it is, more than capable of killing 140-220lb (the weight range around here) whitetails at distances of up to at least 300 yards. Another common comment is that if you use a 22-250 you should expect to do a lot of tracking.
22-250 is very deadly on hogs IF you can be patient enough for an ear shot. Even a . 22LR drops them when shot behind the ear.
22-250 for across the course (high power) competition, you'll want to use the 77-80 grain boat-tail match bullets. For those, we suggest an 8-twist barrel (as long as it is a true 1:8″ twist). That will let you shoot the excellent 77gr and 80gr Sierra MatchKings, and 80gr Bergers.