Ever since the reign of Emperor Ashok, Kashmir has been known for producing the most exclusive Pashmina Shawls in the world. The name Pashmina has been derived from a Persian word “Pashm” meaning a weavable fiber precisely wool.
Even though, how can you tell if a pashmina is real?
The best test to identify real Pashmina is the burn test Smell the odor of the burnt fabric and check the ashes carefully with fingertips. If you get burnt hair smell and the ash turns out to be like a powdery substance, it is likely to be real pashmina.
Right, why are Pashmina shawls banned? As stated earlier, the pashmina shawl is not banned at all. It is produced from the hair of the high altitude of the mountain goats, other than Chiru. Its fiber is obtained from the hair of the outer skin of the goats. The goats don't have to be killed to obtain the pashmina fiber.
Apart from, why is pashmina so expensive?
The pashm wool comes from the Capra Hircus goat indigenous to high altitudes of the Himalayan mountains. Every spring, they shed their winter coat and it is collected for the weaving process. ... In addition to this, a single Pashmina shawl requires wool from about three goats. Hence the exorbitant price becomes obvious.
Is cashmere same as pashmina?
Both generic cashmere and pashmina come from the same goat, but generic cashmere ranges from 12–21 microns in diameter, whereas pashmina refers only to those fibres that range from 12–16 microns.
In the Far Pashmina Mountains
World of Shawls Handcrafted Soft Pashmina Shawl Wrap Scarf in Solid Colors 100% Viscose (Dark Silver)
- We love and support responsibly-made fashion. Beautifully crafted raw materials. All our shawls have been produced in a manner that was respectful of people and our planet. Hand Made With LOVE
- All Seasons, Great Colours, These Trendy & Fashionable Scarves/Shawls are Perfect for anytime of the day or evening, transforming your look whether casual or formal. Beautifully Handcrafted fabric, smooth to the touch and lightweight, drapes perfectly however you wear it. This soft, light, affordable and long lasting material is so easy to manage and easily rolled up in your bag when not in use.
- Uniquely Crafted Premium Material, which allows the shawl to drape beautifully. This chic fabric has a light and smooth texture, it holds great shape and can be tightened or loosened according to the effect you want to create. You can pair it with any look, from elegant to casual and dress up any every day or formal outfit. Perfect for Wedding, Bridesmaids, Bridal, Prom, Cruise, Travelling, Holiday, Indoor, Outdoor, Event, Party, Evening Wear, Office, etc.
- Fantastic Gift for Your Family Members, Friends, etc. Perfect for all occasions and seasons.
- Buy With Confidence. It's important to us that you love wearing and using our products as much we love selling them! That's why we offer a 30 days returns policy. If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can return the item to us within 30 days for a full refund. Providing they are unused, unmarked and unworn and in their original condition.
MaaMgic Womens Large Soft Cashmere Feel Pashmina Shawls Wraps Light Scarf
- Contrast color and reversible design. Super soft and cozy fabric, feels like cashmere. Especially perfect for fall and cold winter weather. Length is 80" (74" + 3" fringes each side), width is 27" and weight is 9.1 oz.
- Ideal as pashmina shawls and wraps for a wedding or evening dresses and great as a warm scarf in the cold weather. Perfect for chilly evenings or air-conditioned places such as office, church, airplane, theater, restaurant, supermarket and cruise travel when you need extra warmth.
- Pashmina shawls and wraps could be worn as bridesmaids' pashmina, or be used as the decoration of the wedding ceremony, the souvenir to the guests. These large and long wraps scarfs are also excellent gifts for an anniversary, birthday party, class reunion.
- Wrap a pashmina around shoulders for a touch of warmth, or tie around your neck for the casual panache. With the classic style and stylish design, they will dress up any outfit whether a formal occasion such as a wedding or dinner date or simply use as a evening wrap. Gentle cycle or hand wash in cold water.
- A lot of colorful scarfs are prepared under the brand " MaaMgic" for women and men, girls and boys, such as red warm scarf, teal scarf for winter, black scarf, navy scarf, blue scarf, green scarf, wine scarf, white scarf, pink scarf, purple scarf, beige scarf and etc. Please choose your favorite ones.
Paisley Pashmina Silk Scarf Shawl Cashmere Wrap Stole Two Tones Soft (BLUE/PURPLE)
- COMFORTABLE AND WARM- Breathable and cashmere hand feel,keep you warm in cold days and nights.
- Pashmina Silk scarf Shawl Size : Length:70” Width:27.5” Tassel:4”,ONE SIZE ,enough long to cover your neck,shoulders and arms.
- Material:High quality Cashmere-like viscose and acrylic blended.
- Pashmina silk scarf Shawl Design:1.Two tones,Both Elegant obverse side and reverse side 2. Fashionable and Classic design Many ways to wear, /Wrap it in a simple loop,one of most basic and attractive ways /As a shawl ,Warp it on your shoulders,almost like a blanket/Tie your scarf as a belt,belt it your waist to make you look thinner and casual.
- Occasions:very good gift scarf for your friends,couple,lover in Birthday/New year/Ceremony/Christmas/Festival Day/Wedding,Wear it right NOW!
Pashmina Shawl Scarf for Women, All Weather Wear Large Soft Wrap in Solid Colors
- MATERIAL - 30%Cashmere +70%Cashmere-like Acrylic Fiber, These cashmere shawls are crafted with a premium blend of cashmere and Cashmere-like fiber tha's warm, thick, and classically stylish for a beautiful look complete with long fringe, warmth but without thickness, offer greater wearing experience.
- Trendy Style & Sophistication - These pashmina shawl wrap are crafted with a premium blend of cashmere and pashmina silk tha's warm, thick, and classically stylish for a beautiful look complete with long fringe.
- All-Weather Wear - This women's shawl wrap offers ideal warmth for cold fall or winter days when biting air or snows come in. It can also be enjoyed in a chilly office, movie theater, or when traveling by airplane.
- Add a Fashionable Touch - Navy, caramel, camel, wine red, dark green, gray or classic black cashmere shawls add the perfect touch your wardrobe, be it jeans, dresses, or pant suits, or as an evening wrap, or as a wedding pashmina or formal outfit accessory.
- World Renowned Craftsmanship - Woven from the fine cashmere and man made material fiber, our women's shawl wraps are softer and provide superior insulation against the cold. They're also gentle on sensitive skin and offer long-lasting durability.
Pashmina Scarf Women Soft Cashmere Scarves Stylish Large Warm Blanket Solid Winter Shawl Elegant Wrap 78.5"x27.5" (Mistyrose, Bag packing)
- SUPER SOFT FABRIC - Cashmere feeling and super comfortable. suitable thickness and easy to carry. Fringe scarfs perfect for both women and men, youngers and olders.
- LARGE SIZE - Length 78.5" (3" fringes each side); Width 27.5". Oversized scarfs for women, keep you warm as a shawl or used as a picnic blanket during fall activities. The elegant scarf is simple and adaptable. You can tie in different ways.
- HIGHLY FASHIONABLE AND FUNCTIONAL - Designed in versatile and various colors. Easy to wear and pair with other clothes. Stylish and fashion scarves for women. Over-sized enough to be worn as a shawl or pashmina,worn over a jumper or pullover or under a jacket or coat.
- GREAT GIFT IDEA - Formal wrap and shawl can be used as a bride's and bridesmaid's pashmina or a beautiful complement to a guest s formal outfit. Making a lovely gift idea for an anniversary, wedding ceremony, birthday party or leaving present. Pashmina scarf is perfect for any season, event or occasion.
- OUR SERVICE - If you are looking for a quality, stylish scarf with a plush cashmere feel, just add our scarf to your cart. If you have any questions or problem with the product, please feel free to contact us, we feel so pleasure to help you!
Pashmina Shawls and Wraps for Women - PoilTreeWing Solid Color Cashmere Scarfs(Black)
- MATERIAL: 70%Cashmere +30%Polyester, pashmina scarfs adopt high-precision textile technology, obtain cashmere in inner Mongolian lambs, high-quality material, soft and silky cashmere wool for exceptional warmth, softness and comfort, warmth but without thickness, offer greater wearing experience.
- DIMENSIONS: Cashmere wool wrap is large in size at 78 x 28 inches, with medium weight, it can be used as shawl and warp, head wrap, hijab, stole or light cover. the size is suitable for men and women at all ages.
- OCCASIONS: Pashmina shawls and wraps classic style, wear with any styles you like; meet your daily wearing with various colors. An ideal wardrobe complements to keep you up during the coldest of months while adding class to your fall, spring or winter outfits.
- PERFECT GIFT: Cashmere pashmina is an excellent gift for your mom and dad, friends or anyone else dear to you. Give it as a perfect gift in Thanksgiving Day, Christmas, birthday party, Mother’s Day or romantic encounter. Offer an excellent gift for any fashionable person.this shawl wrap may be worn as a bridal, bridesmaid’s pashmina or as a beautiful complement to a guest’s formal outfit.
- SERVICE: If you have any questions, please contact us, we will solve them as soon as possible to protect your shopping experience.
WAMSOFT Lightweight Thin Scarf Shawls, Womens Large Retro Formal Scarf Head Scarves Check Hiking Vacation Church Pashmina Scarf Birthday Gift Blue/Brown
- Size: 73.2"L x 37.8"W, large size and various styles could use at many ways. Worn as a beach cover up, over a dress as a shawl, around the waist as a scarf belt or another way as an accent piece. Also could used for decorating, as a window covering, wrap around your hat, it will add a splash of beautiful color.
- Easy Match: Print design easy to match any outfit, lightweight, vibrant and cheerful, will definitely add a pop of color to your wardrobe. It's perfect for casual dress with a jean jacket or wearing with a formal as a shawl. Also a sun scarf wrap for summer days.
- Functional: In this special time, our scarf could be a sweet gift choice. As headscarf, hijabs, shawl, pashmina, neck scarf, swimming suit cover, beach skirt, evening dressing wrap for going out/vacation; this large wrap shawl will have you ready for an island getaway! Offer more beautiful & comfortable.
- Elegant Design: Unique design according to the latest fashion trend. Styled in different ways and paired with just about anything, can be worn all year round in all weathers. Display your simple & effortless style, receive more compliments by wearing our scarves.
- Easy Care: Machine wash with washer bag, hang to dry. An awesome gift to your mother, wife, lover, daughter, friends and yourselves on Birthday, Anniversary, festival. If you have any questions, please contact with us freely.
Achillea Soft Silky Reversible Paisley Pashmina Shawl Wrap Scarf w/Fringes (Black Red)
- Imported. Length Approx. 80" with fringes (72" + 4" fringes each side) / width Approx. 28". The look of this fabric is quite elegant and dressy. Drape nicely and colors are vibrant.
- Woven with viscose yarn. The colored yarn is woven to form the intricate designs using a large embroidery machine. Colors appear vibrant and reflect light. This yarn is popular because of its subtle silky sheen and anti-fade properties. The feel is extremely soft and glides over the skin. This makes our shawls ideal for both hot and cold weather, convenient to carry and travel with, and can be tied/styled in multiple ways.
- This exotic pashmina features tapestry paisley design and double layered fabric. Wear it over your head, wrapped around your neck, tied at the waist, or draped over your arms. Or, just let it fly in the wind behind you. This reversible paisley pashmina can also be used as a light blanket to bring with you on nature walks or hung above your bed like a wall accessory. This all-season shawl is a beautiful, versatile accessory to add to your wardrobe.
- Reversible with a generous size. Its generous size allows it to be used as shawl, head wrap, and even throw blanket! Goes very nice with dresses, casual and formal attire, perfect to layer under your favorite coat or jacket. Great for the woman on the go: festival, rave, concert, wedding, traveling, airplane, office, church, theater, restaurant.
- These festival pashminas are comfortable and light but keep you warm, so they're nice for festival where you're outside for multiple days in a row. Also these rave shawls are tend to be very colorful and psychedelic-looking which is obviously a huge part of rave or festival. Great for layering in the winter/fall, or shading yourself from the sun and dust at summer music festivals. Instantly adds interest and texture to any outfit with this pashmina rave scarf.
Plum Feathers Tapestry Ethnic Paisley Pattern Pashmina Scarf blk red metallic tapestry
- Superior Quality: Made from the most luxurious of fabrics 70% Pashmina and 30% Silk
- Comfortable and Functional: Our luxurious fabrics are extremely soft to the touch and warm and cozy for fall and winter weather
- Perfect for everyday wear: available in many different colors, this make it easy to accessorize your whole wardrobe
- Versatile - easily wear as a scarf, shawl, or wrap. There are endless ways to show off this scarf, perfect for all ocassions
- Measurments: Scarf Measures : 67"(L) x 28"(W) Fringe Size : 2 1/2
14 More Questions Answered
Shahtoosh shawls are illegal in the United States. Pashmina comes from Tibetan mountain goats. While the makers of pashmina claim that the animals aren't killed outright, the Tibetan mountain goats who are farmed for their fleece are exploited constantly and eventually killed.
Handwashing is always the best and safest method for washing pashmina. Dry-cleaning solvents and enzyme-containing detergents will degrade the yarns. Add 2 capfuls or a squirt of Wool & Cashmere Shampoo to a washbasin or sink filled with cool water.
Pashmina can also be defined as the down (undercoat) fibre derived from cashmere goats with a diameter of 30 microns or less. Pashmina has derived its name from the Persian word 'Pashm' meaning, soft gold, the king of fibres .
> Shop the embroidered pashminas collection ! The main difficulty lies in the fact that, unlike Kashmir, pashmina fiber has never been protected by a brand. Bought by a Chinese company, the brand PASHMINA uses labels that do not indicate the composition of the material.
Real pure pashmina shawls - usually with some fine pastel coloured Kashmiri embroidery - are usually to be found only at large very high-end tourist emporia and are unfortunately marked up by at least 300%, bringing the retail price to anything from US$ 300 to $1000 depending on the quality of the embroidery.
It's a simple argument. On the one hand, it's evident that animal cruelty is involved in the production of Cashmere and Pashmina shawls. On the other, there are umpteen plant-based alternatives at our disposal, so purging our closets of animal wool is achievable and accessible.
Pashmina Shawls is one of the world's finest cashmere wool. ... Pashmina Shawls has great demand in Asia and the middle east because it is known for its good qualities and very popular in the west.
As the name suggests, baby cashmere is cashmere obtained from baby goats. ... In other words, this is fabric that comes from the first combing of a cashmere goat. As it turns out; baby cashmere has one end of the fiber tapered which makes the yarn finer and the wool softer.
It takes months to years to create a single piece of Kashmir Pashmina. In the meantime if weaving or fine needle embroidery artisan dies the whole process stops, because the hands work is unique for each artisans and the rest of shawl will be different form other part of the shawl.
Traditionally, Pashmina was lighter and softer than Cashmere which is why it was predominantly used for making shawls and scarves. ... If you are looking for a scarf or shawl made of Pashmina it is important not be misled that cashmere is better quality. The real fact is that both come in a variety of different qualities.
Who doesn't crave the softness of the finest wool in the world on their skin? More extraordinary than cashmere, the softest wool in the world comes from Vicuna, the national animal of Peru. A Vicuna is a more elegant relative of Llama, a 1.8 metre tall domesticated animal of South America.
A cashmere goat is a type of goat that produces cashmere wool, the goat's fine, soft, downy, winter undercoat, in commercial quality and quantity. This undercoat grows as the day length shortens and is associated with an outer coat of coarse hair, which is present all the year and is called guard hair.
Chiru, (Panthalops hodgsoni), also called Tibetan antelope, a small, gregarious, graceful antelope-like mammal of the family Bovidae (order Artiodactyla) that lives on the high alpine steppes of the Tibetan Plateau. Males carry thin, long horns that curve slightly forward; females are hornless.
Pure pashmina can cost you around 5k and can go upto 25k.