The best ND filters in 2020:1. Lee Filters Stopper. It's not just about the Big Stopper. ... Cokin Nuances Extreme Full ND Kit. A super set of three square ND filters. ... Formatt-Hitech Firecrest ND. It keeps all the options open. ... SRB Elite Bundle Kit. ... Hoya ProND. ... B+W ND 800 Series 3.0. ... Kenko REALPRO ND 1000. ... Marumi DHG Super ND1000.
However that may be, what type of ND filter do I need?
What filter is best to use? For long exposure shots like below with clear water and blurred clouds you will want a 6 stop or 10 stop ND filter as this will give you an exposure time of at least 30 seconds and up to 4 minutes. The higher stop filters will enable you to get those long exposures.
Though, how many stops is a 3.0 ND filter? ND filter ratings
At the very least, do I need ND filter for drone?
ND filters allow the operator to freely change important camera settings: the ISO, aperture and, in drone terminology most importantly, the shutter speed. During a bright day the shutter speed of our drones camera has a very high value.
Are cheap ND filters any good?
Not bad for a cheap variable ND filter, it has had sharpening added to it in photoshop, something I do with all my images, but you can see a loss of quality in the detail which bugs me! but this image printed or used just to promote work on sites like Facebook I don't think you would notice it.
3 Piece Filter Kit (PL-ND4-ND8) for DJI Phantom 3 4K, DJI Phantom 3 Standard, DJI Phantom 3 Advanced, DJI Phantom 3 Pro, Phantom 4 Quad-copters
- The ND4 filter is specifically made for the DJI Phantom 3 4K, DJI Phantom 3 Standard, DJI Phantom 3 Advanced, DJI Phantom 3 Pro, Phantom 4 Quad-copters. It helps you to reduce the amount of light coming into the sensor.
- It gives you the freedom to create your own work by allowing you to have more control of the camera's aperture, exposure time and sensor sensitivity settings.
- The ND8 Filter Eliminates Washed Out Photos & Video Due to Bright Sunlight for Better Contrast & Rich Color
- Polarizing filter eliminates reflections from non-metallic surfaces, and increases contrast and color saturation
- Includes: 3 PC Filter Set + Big Mike's Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
3 Piece Polarized Filter Kit - Includes ND4-ND8-ND16 Gold Edition Filters for DJI Phantom 3 4K, DJI Phantom 3 Advanced, DJI Phantom 3 Pro, DJI Phantom 4 Quad-copters
- These filters are specifically made for the DJI Phantom 3 Professional, Advanced, DJI Phantom 3 4K, DJI Phantom 4. They help you to reduce the amount of light coming into the sensor.
- ND Filters give you the freedom to create your own work by allowing you to have more control of the camera's aperture, exposure time and sensor sensitivity settings.
- ND Filters Eliminate Washed Out Photos & Video Due to Bright Sunlight for Better Contrast & Rich Color
- These filters will offer you the possibility to achieve otherwise impossible results
- ND Filters reduce the amount of light reaching the camera lens
GREEN.L MC16-Layer CPL Circular Polarizer Filter +Neutral Density Filter (ND4)+Density Filter (ND8) for DJI Phantom 3 4K, DJI Phantom 3 Standard, Advanced, DJI Phantom 3 Pro, Phantom 4 Quad-copters
- Specifically made for the DJI Phantom 3 Professional, Advanced, Standard, DJI Phantom 3 4K, DJI Phantom 4
- Kit includes: CPL filter (Circular Polarizer) + ND Filter (ND4)+ND Filter (ND8)
- ND filter (Neutral Density) reduces the amount of light reaching the film without affecting the color.
- The CPL filter (Circular Polarizer) is great for removing unwanted reflections from non-metallic surfaces such as glass or water.
- (MC-16)16 layer waterproof green coating optical glass, better transmittance and clarity, helps to avoid oxidation
PolarPro - Circular Polarizer and Neutral Density Lens Filters for DJI Phantom 3 and Phantom 4 (3-Count)
- Brand New in box. The product ships with all relevant accessories
PolarPro Cinema Series Filter 6-Pack (ND4, ND8, ND16, ND4/PL, ND8/PL, ND16/PL) for DJI Phantom 4 Pro/ADV
- Precisely engineered for DJI Phantom 4 Pro (Only fits P4-PRO)
- Cinema series multi-coated glass for pristine Optics
- Airframe construction: feather light design for smooth gimbal operation
- Includes ND4/PL, ND8/PL, ND16/PL, ND8, ND16, ND32 Filters
- Includes filter hard cases and Lifetime Warranty
DJI ND16 Filter for Phantom 3 Professional & Advanced Quadcopter
Freewell Variable ND 2-5 Stop, 6-9 Stop 2 Pack VND Filters Compatible with DJI Phantom 4 Pro/DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2.0
- Optical Glass: Made of High Definition premium Optical glass with 16Layers of multicoating
- Layers of Coating: Waterproof, Dustproof, Scratch-resistant, Oilproof helps in reducing glares & anti-reflective
- Frame: CNC construction applied with Freewell GimabalSafe Technology to ensure no negative effect on the gimbal
- What's in the package?: Variable ND 2-5 f-stops & 6-9 f-stops compatible with DJI Phantom 4 Pro/DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2.0
- Installation: Threaded on the system to screw & unscrew the filter
PolarPro Cinema Series - Gradient Edition - Filter 3-Pack - for DJI Phantom 4 Pro/Adv
- Fits Phantom 4 Pro / Adv : Includes ND8/GR, ND16/4, and ND32/8 for a variety of lighting conditions
- Balances exposure between the Sky and the ground
- Reduces shutter speed to cinematic levels without darkening the ground
- Laser-etched horizon lines on the frame Make it easy to set the filter
- Cinema series glass element with 8 layers of coating on each side
Neewer 3 Pieces Lens Filter Kit for DJI Phantom 4 Pro, Multi-Coated, High Definition Glass and Aluminum Alloy Frame Includes: ND4/PL, ND8/PL and ND16/PL (Gold)
- Kit includes: (1) ND4/PL Filter, (1) ND8/PL Filter, (1) ND16/PL Filter for DJI Phantom 4 Pro
- Specially Multi-coated ND/PL Filters: ND/PL filters are great for removing unwanted reflections from non-metallic surfaces such as glass or water; Allow wider apertures and longer exposure time and help avoid overexposed photos; Improve image contrast/saturation
- ND/PL filters are rotatable allowing you to properly orient the filter based on ambient light Premium Materials
- Made of high definition glass for razor sharp images and videos; Lightweight aluminum alloy frame for easy installation and removal
- The included filters will allow you to capture epic cinema quality content in nearly any lighting condition; Note: DJI Phantom 4 Pro quadcopter is NOT included
Lens Filter Kit for DJI Phantom 4 Pro Camera 4 Pieces Lens Polarizer Filters Set for DJI Phantom Drone, Multi-Coated Optic Glass Filters and Aluminum Alloy Frame Including ND4 ND4/PL ND8 ND8/PL
- Nice filter kit for outdoor photography: These ND/PL camera filters will help you a lot on getting high quality photos or videos when your flying DJI Phantom 4 Pro Quadcopter expose to strong sunlight on high altitude.
- Dynamic footage: Our ND4 and ND8 lens filters will increase your control on exposure as well as our ND4/PL and ND8/PL polarizing filters reduce reflections and glare effectively to improve the aerial shooting of DJI camera.
- Ultra lightweight: Aluminum alloy frame provides the most lightest and durable finish to our filters, only about 1 gram for each filter. Ultra-slim 16 lays multi-coated glass filters ensure the high transmittance and definition.
- Includes: ND4, ND4 /PL (2-Stop ND),ND8, ND8 / PL(3-Stop ND) filters and filter case. Note: Compatible with DJI Phantom 4 Pro Only. Not compatible with Phantom 3 SE, or Phantom 4 Advanced.
- Warranty: Buy it with confidence. Backed with ZMunited's 90 days satisfaction guarantee. Any question, please reach out to us freely.
7 More Questions Answered
ND filters work to reduce the amount of light entering your lens and are highly useful for both photo and video shooters. ... Whereas fixed ND filters cut the light by a constant amount, you can adjust the power of a variable ND filter, but that convenience is not without drawbacks.
The most common solid ND filters used in landscape photography are the 3-stop, 6-stop and 10-stop. A 3-stop ND filter is often used to create a realistic sense of motion, while the 6-stop and 10-stop filters may be used for longer exposures from 30 seconds to several minutes.
It doesn't necessarily need to be a singular ND filter that blocks exactly 10 stops of light. As long as you are blocking enough light to require a long shutter speed while still daylight outside, say 45-plus seconds, that is all that matters.
Neutral density filters The most popular choice of ND I would recommend for waterfalls is a 3-stop (0.9) ND filter, although you can get much higher versions right up to the 10-stop (3.0) filters that will allow you to shoot well over thirty second exposures in the midday sun.
If you put an ND filter on it is going to give you a color cast during long exposures. Yes you can use a polarizer, but avoid Neutral Density filters. Shoot when the sun is going down and keep your camera at a low ISO like 100 or 200. Don't get me wrong, I love ND filters but not at night.
One technique photographers use is filter “stacking.” If you have more than one ND filter, you may combine the two (or more filters) to get more ND stops for different photographic needs. The stacking math is easy: If you combine a 6-stop ND filter and a 10-stop ND filter, you now have a 16-stop ND filter.
ND Rating ↓Optical Density ↓F-Stop Reduction ↓