List of Best Motherboards for i7 7700K Gaming PC
- ASUS Z170-PRO. Flawless Audio System. ...
- MSI Enthusiastic Gaming. An Attractive Dark Depiction. ...
- ASUS ROG Maximus. Very responsive UEFI BIOS. ...
- ASUS ROG Maximus IX. ...
- MSI Pro Series Intel Z270. ...
- Gigabyte GA-B250-FinTech. ...
- ASRock FATAL1TY Z270. ...
- GA-Z270X-Gaming 7 Motherboard.
More than that, is 7700k still good 2020?
The i7 7700k is a good processor in 2020 also. And the gtx 1080 is the best gpu of the previous generation.
In no way, what motherboards are compatible with i7 7700k? Intel Core i7-7700K motherboards
Motherboard Manuf. and ModelForm factorBIOS
|ASRock Fatal1ty B150 Gaming K4/Hyper||ATX||P7.20|
|ASRock Fatal1ty B150 Gaming K4||ATX||P7.10|
|ASRock Fatal1ty B250 Gaming K4||ATX||Any|
|ASRock Fatal1ty B250M Performance||micro-ATX||Any|
That, does 7700k work with z170?
The Core i7-7700K and Core i7-6700K are both backwards and forwards-compatible, meaning you can drop a 6th-generation core into a new Z270 motherboard or pair a 7th-generation chip with the older Z170. ... There are a few new capabilities that require both a Z270 motherboard and a 7th generation CPU.
Which motherboard is best for i7 9700k?
|Best Overall Motherboard for i7 9700K||MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon|
|Best Budget Motherboard for i7-9700K||ASRock Z370 Extreme4|
|Best for Gaming Mobo for i7-9700K||Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7|
|Best Motherboard for Overclocking i7-9700K >5Ghz||MSI MEG Z390 Godlike E-ATX|
Asus Prime Z390-A Motherboard LGA1151 (Intel 8th And 9th Gen) ATX DDR4 DP HDMI M.2 USB 3.1 Gen2 Gigabit LAN
- Designed for 9th and 8th generation Intel Core processors to maximize connectivity and speed with M. 2, USB 3. 1 Gen2 and ASUS Optimum II for better DRAM overclocking stability
- Revamped 5-Way Optimization that has the intelligence to overclock a CPU based on smart prediction and thermal telemetry
- 5X Protection III Hardware-level safeguards with Safe Slot Core, LAN Guard, Over voltage Protection provide longevity, reliability. FanXpert 4 delivers advanced fan control for dynamic system cooling
- Patent-pending Safe Slot Core fortified PCIe slots prevent damage caused by heavyweight GPUs
- 8-channel HD Gaming Audio featuring Realtek ALC887 high definition audio codec
MSI ProSeries Intel B365 LGA 1151 Support 9th/8th Gen Intel Processors Gigabit LAN DDR4 USB/DVI-D/VGA/HDMI Micro ATX Motherboard (B365M PRO-VDH)
- Supports 9th/8th Gen Intel Core/Pentium gold/Celeron Processors for LGA 1151 socket
- Supports DDR4 Memory, up to 2666 MHz
- Turbo M. 2: running at PCI-E Gen3 x4 maximizes performance for NVMe based SSDs
- Core boost: with premium layout and fully digital power design to support more Cores and provide better performance
- Audio Boost: reward your ears with studio grade sound quality
GIGABYTE H370 AORUS Gaming 3 WIFI (LGA1151/Intel/USB3.1 Gen 2 Type A,Type C/HDMI/M.2/ATX/DDR4/Motherboard)
- Socket 1151/Support 8th Gen Intel Core Processors
- Dual Channel DDR4, 4DIMMs
- USB 3.1 Gen 2 (USB3.1) Type C and Type A
- Intel i219V LAN
- Integrated Intel Wireless-AC Support (CNVi).Operating system:Support for Windows 10 64-bit
Asus Prime Z390-P LGA1151 (Intel 8th and 9th Gen) DDR4 DP HDMI M.2 Z390 ATX Motherboard with USB 3.1 Gen2
- Designed for 9th and 8th Generation Intel Core processors to maximize connectivity and speed with M.2, USB 3.1 Gen2 and Asus optimum II for better DRAM overclocking stability
- 5x Protection III Hardware-level safeguards with safe Slot Core, LANGuard and overvoltage protection provide component longevity and reliability
- Fanxpert 4 with AIO pump header delivers advanced fan control for dynamic system cooling
- Patent-pending Safe Slot Core fortified PCIe Slots prevent damage caused by heavyweight GPUs
- 8-Channel HD gaming audio featuring Realtek ALC887 high definition Audio CODEC
GIGABYTE Z390 UD, Intel LGA1151/Z390/ATX/M.2/Realtek ALC887/Realtek 8118 Gaming LAN/HDMI/Gaming Motherboard
- Supports 9th and 8th Intel Core processors
- Dual channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- New 10+2 Phases digital PWM design
- NVME PCIe Gen3 x4 22110 M.2 Connector
- Multi-way Graphics support with PCIe Armor and ultra durable design
- Gigabyte exclusive 8118 Gaming LAN with bandwidth management
- Support RGB Light strip in full colors
- CEC 2019 Ready, Save power with a simple click
- Smart Fan 5 features multiple temperature sensors and hybrid fan headers with fan stop
MSI Performance Gaming Intel Coffee Lake B360 LGA 1151 DDR4 Onboard Graphics CFX ATX Motherboard (B360 Gaming Plus)
- Supports 9th / 8th Gen Intel Core / Pentium Gold / Celeron processors for LGA 1151 socket, Supports DDR4 Memory, up to 2666 MHz
- MYSTIC LIGHT and Sync: Personalize your PC with 16.8 million colors / 10 effects controlled in one click with the Mystic Light APP or a mobile device
- Lightning Fast Game experience: TURBO M.2, Intel Optane Memory Ready. Intel Turbo USB 3.1 GEN2
- AUDIO BOOST with NAHIMIC: Reward your ears with studio grade sound quality for the most immersive gaming experience, VR Ready: Best virtual reality game experience without latency, reduces motion sickness
- In-Game Weapons: GAMING Hotkey, X-Boost, Voice Boost
ASUS TUF Z390-Plus Gaming (Wi-Fi) LGA1151 (Intel 8th and 9th Gen) DDR4 DP HDMI M.2 Z390 ATX Motherboard 802.11ac Wi-Fi USB 3.1 Gen2
- Designed for 9th and 8th generation Intel Core processors to maximize connectivity and speed with dual M.2, Gigabit LAN, USB 3.1 Gen2
- Military-Grade TUF Components like TUF LANGuard, TUF Chokes, TUF Capacitors, and TUF MOSFETs maximize system durability
- Gamer’s Guardian with Safe Slot and FanXpert 4 provides hardware-level safeguards for maximum performance with dynamic system cooling
- 8-channel HD Gaming Audio with TUF Gaming Headphone featuring Realtek S1200A high definition audio codec driven by Japanese capacitors for warm, immersive sound
- ASUS Optimum II improves memory stability and performance by improving trace isolation between PCB layers to maintain signal integrity even at higher frequencies
ASUS LGA1151 (300 Series) DDR4 HDMI DVI VGA M.2 mATX Motherboard (PRIME B360M-A)
- Designed exclusively for 8th generation Intel Core processors to maximize connectivity and speed with integrated dual M.2 slots with Intel Optane Memory compatibility and USB 3.1 Gen2
- 5X Protection III Hardware-level safeguards provide component longevity and reliability
- FanXpert 2+ delivers advanced fan control for dynamic cooling
- ASUS OptiMem improves memory stability and performance by improving trace isolation between PCB layers to maintain signal integrity even at higher frequencies
- On-board 8-Channel HD Audio provides warm, immersive crystal-clear surround sound
ASUS PRIME B250M-A LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI DVI VGA M.2 B250 mATX Motherboard with USB 3.1
- Maximize your connectivity and speed with integrated Dual M.2 slots with Intel Optane Memory compatibility and a rear USB 3.1 Type C connection
- 5X Protection III Hardware-level safeguards provide component longevity and reliability. LAN : ASUS LAN Guard, Realtek RTL8111H, 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s)
- FanXpert 2 PLUS delivers advanced fan control with an integrated AIO pump header for dynamic cooling
- Dual Patent-pending Safe Slot Core fortified PCIe slot prevents damage caused by heavyweight GPUs
- On-board 3D-printing mounts for creating unique designs on your customized build
ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus, LGA 1200 (Intel 10th Gen) ATX Motherboard (12+2 Power Stages, USB 3.2 Front Panel Type-C, 1Gb LAN, Addressable Gen 2 RGB Header & Aura Sync)
- Intel LGA 1200 Socket: Designed to unleash the maximum performance of 10th Gen Intel Core processors
- Enhanced Power Solution: 12+2 DrMOS power stages, 6-layer PCB, ProCool sockets, military-grade TUF components, and Digi+ VRM for maximum durability and performance
- Comprehensive Cooling: VRM heatsink, PCH fanless heatsink, M. 2 heatsink, hybrid fan headers and Fan Xpert 4 utility
- On-line Gaming Networking: Intel Ethernet Connection I219-V, TUF LANGuard and TurboLAN technology
- Fastest Connectivity: Front header for USB 3. 2 Gen 2 Type-C and Thunderbolt 3 support
- Gaming Look and Feel: Synchronizable LED effects across a vast portfolio of compatible PC gear, including RGB headers and Gen 2 addressable headers
- Immersive Gaming Audio: The Realtek S1200A codec offers pristine audio quality to draw you deeper into the game action or to enhance your favorite music tracks or videos.
5 More Questions Answered
The Core-i7 7700K and Core i5-7600K are but two of 10 proposed Kaby Lake chips for the desktop market. With so little changing from an architecture point of view, the pair uses the same LGA 1151 socket as Skylake.
Because the 7700k is no longer in production and is still a decent quad core performance, probably one of the best quad core performing processors right now, in fact until you add in 2 more cores you cant find very many processors from Intel that do out perform it.
An I7–7700k is still a very good processor. Your GTX 1060 is a decent graphics card, if you are gaming and want higher frames or are trying to drive a high-end 4k monitor, then that is something you might consider upgrading.
Right now: No. 7700k is still in the sweet spot for cores/threads and you won't get that big of a performance boost. Maybe 20-30% at most, maybe more in a few isolated situations, but normally the difference will be like 10%. Not worth $500 + mobo upgrades.
Core i7-7700K CPU delivers exceptional computational performance and able to play all types of modern games comfortably on high/ultra graphics performance without being a hindrance to the accompanying GPU. ... In addition to haveing 6 cores and much better performance in games it also comes with a great cooler.