Best Nikon Sports Lenses – 2020 Complete Round-up
- OUR TOP PICK: Nikon AF FX NIKKOR 80-200mm f/2.8D.
- Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC G2.
- Nikon AF-S FX NIKKOR 300mm f/2.8G.
- Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm.
- Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G.
- BEST BUDGET OPTION: Tamron Auto Focus 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 Di.
Hereof, what is the best aperture for sports photography?
Aperture for Sports Photos This often means shooting with your lens's maximum aperture: f/4 and f/5.6, two common telephoto lens maximum apertures, both work great for sports photos. If you want more depth of field, you can use something like f/8 or f/11; you just need to watch your shutter speed.
So too, what AF mode should I use for sports? Start by putting your camera into Shutter Priority mode and choosing a shutter speed of 1/500 of a second. This is a good starting point and should be fast enough for most sports and action. If possible, take a few test shots before the main event starts so that you can check how sharp they are.
Above, what lens do I use for action shots?
A 70-200mm lens with an aperture of ƒ/2.8 is the ideal choice, partially because of the soft background defocus it provides and partially because with a 2x teleconverter, the lens becomes a 400mm ƒ/5.6 in a pinch.
What is the best camera for sports?
We've split our selection of sports cameras into three categories for different types of users....Panasonic FZ330. ... Panasonic Lumix FZ1000. ... Nikon CoolPix P950. ... Canon EOS 90D. ... Fujifilm X-T4. ... Nikon Z 50. ... Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark III. ... Panasonic Lumix G9.
Sigma 150-600mm 5-6.3 Contemporary DG OS HSM Lens for Nikon DSLR Cameras + Sigma USB Dock with Altura Photo Complete Accessory and Travel Bundle
- INCLUDES: Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Super Telephoto Zoom Lens + Sigma USB Dock + Altura Photo Venture Camera Bag + SanDisk 64GB and 32GB C10 Ultra UHS-I SDXC Memory Cards + Altura Photo Rapid Fire Neck Strap + Altura Photo Mini Tripod with Pistol Grip + Altura Photo Rapid Fire Wrist Strap + Altura Photo Hard-Shell Case + Altura Photo Cleaning Kit + 3 Sizes MagicFiber Microfiber Lens Pouch
- HIGH PERFORMANCE LENS: The Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary Lens is the first hyper-telephoto zoom from the contemporary line. It is lightweight and compact in construction and offers a HSM (Hyper-Sonic Motor), Optical Stabilizer with Accelerometer, filter size of 95mm and features a minimum aperture of f/22.
- COMPATIBLE with all Nikon DSLR Cameras, including D500, D3100, D3200, D3300, D3400, D3500, D5100, D5200, D5300, D5500, D5600, D7100, D7200, D7500 APS-C Cameras, and D5, DF, D600, D610, D700, D750, D800, D810, D850 Full Frame DSLR Cameras.
- SIGMA accessories included: Sigma LCF-95 III 95mm Lens Cap + Rear Cap LCR II + LH1050-01 Lens Hood + TS-71 Tripod Collar + Protective Cover PT-11 + Lens Case + Shoulder Strap
- SIGMA AUTHORIZED DEALER. Includes Sigma USA 4-Year Warranty.
JINTU 420-800mm f/8.3 HD Telephoto Zoom Lens for Nikon SLR Digital Cameras D5600 D5500 D5300 D5200 D5100 D3500 D3400 D3300 D3100 D3200 D7500 D7200 D7000 D7100 DF D750 D90 D850 + Bag + Aluminum Alloy
- ★ JINTU Super zoom 420-800mm focal length. Manual Focus lens , only work on M mode. 4 Elements in 2 groups, Japan Design.
- ★ Work with for Any NIKON SLR Digital Cameras. such as Nikon D850, D810, D800, D750, D700, D610, D300, D3100, D3200, D3300, D3400, D5100, D5200, D5300, D5500, D5600, D7000, D7100, D7200, D7500, D50, D60, D90, Df, D3, D3X etc.
- ★ Great for the wildlife or nature photographer who wants to be hidden while taking photos of the subject. Advances in ultra high-index / low-dispersion optical glasses, new barrel materials, and exotic anti-reflection coatings.
- ★ This is a Manual Lens, NO Electronic Contacts, your camera will not detect the lens when mounted, that's why it shows "LENS NOT ATTACHED", please switch to MF MODE in order to use this lens correctly. Tips to use Manual Lens: 1) Set the mode dial to Manual (M). 2) Set the Release w/o Lens option in the camera menu to Enable. 3) Set the Shutter lock option in the camera menu to Off: no lens.
- ★ Perfect for the professional and amateur photographer . There is a built-in, rotating tripod mount for easily attaching to your tripod or monopod. better use with tripod make image stable
Sigma 150-600mm 5-6.3 Contemporary DG OS HSM Lens for Nikon
- 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM / C
- Minimum focusing distance : 280 cm/110.2 inches, focal length :150-600mm. Diaphragm blades: 9
- First hyper-telephoto zoom from the Contemporary line, Dust proof and splash proof mount95mm filter
- Lightweight & compact in construction for higher usability.SIGMA TELE CONVERTER TC-1401 and TC-2001 are dedicated to Tele Converter lenses, which should be used with only listed lenses.The converter cannot be attached to the camera and lens whose mount is different.Do not use the SIGMA TELE CONVERTER on top of another SIGMA TELE CONVERTER, or any other kinds of converters.
- Water and oil repellent coating on front glass element makes maintenance of the lens surface easier
- Weight : 1930g/ 68oz.
Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM Zoom Lens (Contemporary) for Nikon DSLR Cameras (Renewed)
- Sigma USA authorized dealer, 4-Year Sigma USA Warranty
- Hyper sonic motor for fast, quiet autofocus and has an optical stabilizer with an accelerometer for improved panning performance
- F low dispersion, or FLD, glass is designed with performance similar to flourite elements with a low refractive Index and low dispersion for clearer and sharper imagery
- Special low dispersion, or Sled, glass elements assist in providing greater clarity and contrast to an image
- Compatibility: can be Used on all Nikon APS-C and full frame cameras including D7500, D7200, D7100, D5600, D5500, D5300, D5200, D5100, D5000, D3400, D3300, D3200, D3100. D3000, DF, D5, D4, D3, D850, D810, D800, D750, D700, D610, D500, D90, D60 and D40.
Tamron 100-400mm F/4.5-6.3 VC USD Telephoto Zoom Lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras (6 Year Limited USA Warranty)
- Lightest weight in its class and featuring widest maximum aperture
- Superb image quality in an ultra-telephoto zoom lens
- Exclusive eBAND Coating reduces flare and ghosting
- 4-stop VC image stabilization for confident telephoto shooting
- Moisture-Resistant construction and fluorine coating for enhanced weather protection
- Tamron 6 Year Limited USA Warranty valid if purchased new from Tamron USA Authorized Dealer
Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II AF-S Nikkor Zoom Lens For Nikon Digital SLR Cameras (New, White box)
- Type of lens: G-type AF-S Zoom-NIKKOR lens with built-in CPU and Nikon bayonet mount
- Focal Length Range : 70 -200 mm, Minimum Focus Distance- 4.6 ft.(1.4 m)
- Dimensions: Approx. 87 mm dia. x 205.5 mm extension from the camera’s lens-mount flange
- Weight: Approx. 1,540 g (3.4 lb)
- Compatible Format(s) - FX, DX, FX in DX Crop Mode 35mm Film
Nikon AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED Lens for Nikon DSLR Cameras, Model 20061 (Renewed)
- Super Integrated Coating Pulse; Stepping Motor AF System; Access Lens Settings in Camera Menu; Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm
- Fully compatible models: D5600, D5500, D5300*, D3400, D3300*, D500 and later models (*Firmware update may be required). Compatible models with limited functions: D5, D810 series, Df, D750, D7200, D7100, D5200, Nikon 1 series with the FT1. Incompatible models: D4 series, D3 series, D2 series, D1 series, D800 series, D700, D610, D600, D300 series, D200, D100, D7000, D5100, D5000, D90, D80, D70 series, D3200, D3100, D3000, D60, D50, D40 series, film cameras.
- 70-300mm super-telephoto zoom power brings faraway subjects within reach. Capture sports, wildlife, concerts, landmarks and more with phenomenal clarity and precision
- Superb optics and telephoto field of view are great for stills and HD video. Ultra-fast, near silent autofocus powered by a new pulse motor (utilizing stepping motors)
- This Certified Refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, a minimum 90-day warranty, and may arrive in a generic box. Only select sellers who maintain a high performance bar may offer Certified Refurbished products on Amazon.com
Sigma 70-200mmF/2.8 DG OS HSM for Nikon F
Nikon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR AF-P DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens - (Renewed)
- F-Mount Lens/DX Format -- 27-82.5mm (35mm Equivalent) -- Aperture Range: f/3.5-5.6 to f/22-38
- Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm -- Two Aspherical Elements -- Super Integrated Coating
- Nikon VR Image Stabilization -- Pulse Stepping Motor AF System -- Access Lens Settings in Camera Menu
- Fully Compatible with the following Nikon Digital SLR cameras, including: D7500, D5600, D5500, D5300, D3400, D3300, D500, D850; -- Compatible models with limited functions: Df, D5, D810, D750, D7200, D7100; -- Incompatible models: D4 Series, D3 Series, D2 Series, D1 Series, D800 Series, D700, D610, D600, D300 Series, D200, D100, D7000, D5100, D90, D70 Series, D3200, D3100, D3000, D60, D50, D40 Series
Nikon 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras - White Box(Bulk Packaging)
- Versatile, High power 7.5x Zoom Nikkor lens
- A Nikon Extra Low Dispersion (ED) glass element delivers superior optical performance
- Focus as close as 1.47 feet throughout entire zoom range
- A seven blade rounded diaphragm opening, out of focus elements appear more natural
- 67 millimeter Filter attachment size
3 More Questions Answered
Taking control of your camera's autofocus system is a must in sports photography, However, if you are using manual focusing, use a single focus point.
There are three basic issues that can make sports pictures blurry: Subject motion too fast for the selected shutter speed. ... Too much camera movement for the selected shutter speed.
Camera blur simply means that the camera moved while the image was being taken, resulting in a blurry photo. The most common cause of this is when a photographer mashes down the shutter button because they are excited. ... This technology compensates for camera shake by moving the lens around to steady the shot.