LED lighting has made amazing progress in the growth of exotic plants with some higher-end fixtures, but even the most inexpensive LED fixtures specifically made for aquariums will be adequate for successful and healthy plant growth in a community aquarium.
In addition, how much watt LED is needed for planted tank?
Therefore, aquariums that require high lighting conditions will need light fixtures with higher wattage output. A good basic rule to follow is to provide 1 to 2 watts of lighting per gallon for fish-only aquariums, 2 to 5 watts per gallon for freshwater planted aquariums, and 4 to 8 watts per gallon for reef aquariums.
Somehow, how many lumens do I need for a planted tank? Generally a regular planted aquarium will require around 30-50 lumens per liter of water(1 gallon-3.785 liters). How much light is enough for plants? That all depends upon which plants you have chosen for your aquarium. If you have chosen nothing but “Easy” plants, 10-20 lumen (0.25 to 0.5 watts) per liter is adequate.
From everywhere, how many lumens does a 55 gallon planted tank need?
Are LED lights too bright for fish?
Fish are not as reliant on light as plants. In general, aquarium owners can use incandescent, fluorescent, or LED lights for fish but should be aware of the heat issues that incandescent lights cause. ... LED lights produce virtually no heat and come in many colors.
Aqueon 100533613 Planted Aquarium Clip-On LED Light,Black,8" x 7" x 4.75"
- Clip-on aquarium LED light; ideal for growing plants
- 60 bright LEDs help support and grow lush plants
- 3-way soft-touch LED control (all on/blue on/all off)
- Ideal for planted aquariums up to 20 gallons
- Easily mounts on framed or frameless aquariums with mounting screw
NICREW ClassicLED Plus Planted Aquarium Light, Full Spectrum LED Fish Tank Light for Freshwater Plants, 18 to 24 Inch, 15 Watts
- Aluminum alloy shell is stylish and incredibly durable; energy-efficient LED lighting to extend the operational life span
- The full-spectrum array combines white, blue, red and green LEDs to be brighter than the most lights, producing a fine-tuned color spectrum for aquatic plants
- Adjustable docking mounts provide an easy way for quick adaptability to fit both rimless and framed aquariums length 18 - 24 inch
- Ideal for freshwater or saltwater fish and medium-high light level plants
- This product is recommended for use over glass or acrylic canopy-covered aquariums
Plant Spectrum Fluval Bluetooth Freshwater Light LED (36" - 48")
- Features programmable, gradual 24-hour light cycle settings (sunrise, midday, sunset and night)
- Includes six unique band waves for full spectrum results
- Includes optional pre-set habitat light configurations like Lake Malawi, Tropical, and Planted
Hygger Auto On Off 18-24 Inch LED Aquarium Light Extendable Dimmable 7 Colors Full Spectrum Light Fixture for Freshwater Planted Tank Build in Timer Sunrise Sunset
- Hygger 957 Planted Aquarium Light features programmable, gradual 24-hour light cycle settings (sunrise, midday, sunset and night), auto on and off, to create a optimal condition for your fish and aquatic plants
- Build-in Timer - The lighting system enables a variety of features such as customizing the intensity and colors of the light, setting up daytime to nighttime schedules, mimics sunrise and sunset, color gradient loop, fine tune lighting schedule, auto on and off, memory function, and much more
- Sunrise & Sunset Functions - enable the LEDs to be easily programmed to slowly turn on or off in 15-minute which prevents light shock to fish. The white daylight mode blends the white, red, green and blue LEDs together to produce bright light. Moonlight mode provides 6 single-colored ( red, purple, blue, cyan, green, yellow) and 10 levels dimmable options. One programmable preset can save customized color combinations and lighting
- IP68 Water-Resistant Rating - No need to worry about splashes, or other accidental drops of water. Premium fully encased 1.2mm thick aluminum shell provides more effective heat transfer and protects the device from humidity and water intrusion. No fan. Low voltage DC adapter, safe to use, saving electric bill
- The 18“ freshwater aquarium LED fixture contains (38) 6500K White, (10) 450-455nm Blue, (6) 620-625nm Red, (4) 520-525nm Green, (19) RGB LED's. 1290 lumens. 6500-10000K. This system has adjustable mounting legs which can be used in aquariums with widths between 18 and 24 inches
Finnex Planted+ 24/7 ALC Aquarium LED Light, Automatic Sunrise and Sunset, 36 Inches (ALC-36)
- Aquarium LED light: Finnex planted+ 24/7 ALC LED light
- 24/7 mode: fully customizable LED sunrise & Sunset
- Plants: Plant capable grow LED bulb configuration
- Remote included +built in sensor
- True 660Nm RED LEDs
- age range description: All Life Stages
- included components: LED Light, Remote, Legs
MingDak LED Aquarium Fish Tank Light Fixture,Full Spectrum Lighting for Freshwater Planted Aquariums,Slim & Thin Aluminum Housing,Extendable Brackets Fit 18" to 24" Fish Tank
- FULL SPECTRUM: The 6500K natural light with the dedicated white, blue and red diodes has just the wavelengths which are the most conducive to plant growth. Not include extraneous colors such as green, orange, pink, etc. which grow algae.
- BRIGHTER & MORE ENERGY EFFICIENT:With more leds , higher lumens stronger illuminance,but lower energy consumption,this light for 18 inch to 24 inch fish tank has 64 leds ,1000 lumens, 3335lux illuminance at 12'', energy consume 11W.
- BRIGHTNESS ADJUST & TIME SETTING: This led aquarium light with an external multi-function controller which can be adjust the light brightness from 100% to 10%, also can be set the lighting time to 3, 6 or 12 hours.
- 3 LIGHT MODES: White+Blue+red LEDS on,white+red LEDS on and only blue LEDS on. It is not only create a light that mimics the natural underwater effect of sunlight, but also allow for aquarium night time enjoyment.
- BEAUTIFUL & FUNCTIONAL:Aluminum housing which is slim and sturdy;Adjustable mounting legs can expand from 18 inch to 24 inch,sutable for most tanks with cover or no, with rims or rimless.
Finnex FugeRay Planted+ Aquarium LED Light Plus Moonlights, 36-Inch
- Package Weight: 2.499 pounds
- The package length is 93.98 centimeters
- The package height is 6.604 centimeters
- The package width is 7.62 centimeters
NICREW RGB+W LED Aquarium Light with Remote Control, Full Spectrum Fish Tank Light for Planted Freshwater Tanks, 18-24 in, 17W
- The fixture incorporates 6500K Daylight White LEDs and full-spectrum RGB LEDs to allow planted aquariums to thrive
- The infrared equipped remotes easily allows the fixture to enter multiple preset color modes, simulate a thunderstorm and customize it at your own desire
- Adjustable brackets allow you to fit various size tanks
- Compatible with NICREW single channel timer or single channel timer pro or standard timers (sold separately)
- For use in freshwater aquariums with plants that require a low-to-high light level and fish-only saltwater aquariums
Hygger 9W Full Spectrum Aquarium Light with Aluminum Alloy Shell Extendable Brackets, White Blue Red LEDs, External Controller, for Freshwater Fish Tank (12-18 inch)
- 🐠【Ultra Bright Led Light】this aquarium led light is DC12V/9W, 5730 large leds, super bright, makes the aquarium water look more sparkly clean.Suggest for fish tank 12 inch to 18 inch in width, support low-to-mid light level plant growth. Input: AC100-240V/60HZ. Suitable for freshwater aquarium, not for saltwater use
- 🐠【Adjustable Brackets】the fish tank light comes with 2 metal and 2 plastic mounting brackets, which are both freely extendable. You can easily to install this led fish tank light on most aquarium tanks, with cover or no, with rims or rimless
- 🐠【3 Light Color Modes】this aquarium light has 3 light modes: White LEDS, Blue+white+red LEDS, Red+ blue LEDS, it's very easy to shift the color by press the second button for 1 to 3 times on the controller. Color changes will make your one aquarium change to 3 different wonderful views
- 🐠【Brightness & Timing】 you can adjust the light brightness from 100% to 10% according to your prefer or the light needs of the plants, 5 levels of brightness in total. Besides, on the external controller, you can set the lighting time to 3, 6 or 12 hours by pressing the third button for 1 to 3 times
- 🐠【Durable Aquarium Light】low profile mounting bracket fish tank light, with aluminum alloy metal shell，has a nice feel and fast heat dissipation. With high-quality leds, energy efficient, can last up to 20000 hours of lighting
#N/A RGB Color Changing Aquarium Light LED Planted Tank Bubble Lighting Lamp IP68 Waterproof with Dual Suction Cups - 42cm 24 Beads
- Manually or remote controlled a variety of color changes and the flashing modes.
- This aquarium bubble light should be connected to air pump for air bubble billow effect.(air pump not inlcuded)
- Dual suction cup design, firmer and more environmentally friendly, easy to install and remove.
- IP68 protection, can be fully submerged in water, will produce an impressive RGB colors bubbles.
- Widely used for Freshwater Aquariums, Saltwater Aquariums, Office Fish Bowls, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, Ponds Decoration.
13 More Questions Answered
Blue lighting can cause excess algae in freshwater and low Kelvin lighting, peaking in the red, can encourage algae in marine aquaria. Bulbs and tubes degrade over time, lowering their Kelvin rating, possibly causing more algae and producing light less useable by plants or corals.
LED aquarium lights are not any more likely to cause algae growth than fluorescent bulbs, with some hobbyists even convinced that an LED bulb will actually discourage algae growth. ... The general 'algae' rule is if the intensity is too high, algae will soon start creeping from the edges of your fish tank.
Red, blue and green LEDs
are in popular use for standard aquarium lighting
since these light temperatures greatly enhance the colors of the objects inside the aquarium. The colors of aquatic plants
appear much more rich and vibrant, red fish, shrimp and of course red-leaved stem plants look much flashier.
There may be no ideal amount, but, generally, if you can produce somewhere between 300 and 800 lumens per square foot your plants should prosper quite nicely.
Colors of Light for Healthy Growth of Aquatic Plants Red and blue lights are used in photosynthesis of plants. Red light is attenuated rapidly in water while blue light has better penetration in water. ... In underwater environments, you can see that blue light actually penetrates in water.
An often overlooked aspect of the aquarium hobby is lighting. ... Choosing a bright lighting system with a color temperature between 6700k and 10,000k would be ideal for most home aquariums. The color temperature of the sun is 6700k, so anything between these two figures will work well.
Too much light causes more algae growth. Reduce the time the aquarium lights are on to eight hours, or a bit less if necessary, to help reduce the algae growth. ... But remember, you do not want to have too little light on for the aquarium plants, Direct sunlight tends to create more algae than does artificial light.
Ideal, especially for freshwater planted tanks, is 6400K-6700K, as that is the spectrum of light that plants use for photosynthesis. As the color temperature decreases, especially below 5000K, the light becomes less useful to the plants. “Soft White” bulbs, usually around 2700K, might not even be used at all.
Choosing the best LED lights for the aquarium is possibly the most important thing you will ever do for your aquarium....Size of Aquarium.Marine Life of the Aquarium.Quality of the Build.The Lifespan of the Lights.Possibility of Updating.Control Panel.Light Penetration.The LED Color Temperature.
Is Blue Led Light Harmful to Fish? ... I don't feel blue lights are harmful to fish as long as you make sure to give the fish some total darkness every day. If you have bright white on for a long time, then blue on for a while you could potentially end up with more algae.
Tank lighting should be left on for no more than 12 hours per day. All fish require periods of darkness, similar to their natural aquatic environments. Leaving your tank light on 24/7 will result in the overgrowth of algae and possibly harm the fish.
Can fish sleep with a red light on? Yes, red lights are used to light the entire aquarium at night to observe the fish inside. It has been reported that fish cannot distinguish the difference between the color red and others, so using red light won't affect their sleeping patterns.
Nocturnal fish particularly prefer dim blue lighting at night. The blue lights not only mimic moonlight and, thus, encourage more physical activity, but these also provide them with illumination. There's also the fact that blue light allows you, their human parent, to view them well.