Of all the humidity monitors we analyzed, the Caliber 4R and Caliber IV are the most accurate hygrometer devices. They read within ±1% RH, and the humidity range is 20-90%. That means that the Caliber 4R and Caliber IV are accurate within 1% of the actual humidity, surpassing all the other options we reviewed.
Really, what is the ideal humidity level for a crawl space?
Anyway, what should I set my dehumidifier to in crawl space? Mold grows in the crawl space as soon as humidity levels go above 60%. Therefore, you must keep the humidity levels in your crawl space to less than 60%. Ideally, set your dehumidifier close to 50%.
Moreover, where is the best place to put a hygrometer?
Locate your hygrometer in a living area away from the moisture produced by the kitchen or a bathroom. For maximum heating effectiveness and comfort, humidity levels should be between 30% and 50%.
Are cheap hygrometers accurate?
Digital hygrometers usually also have other uses, such as measuring temperature and other environmental factors in addition to the humidity level. There are some pros to using these kinds of tools, though. For instance, they are very, very accurate, and they are often more affordable than quality analog versions.
ThermoPro TP50 2 Pieces Digital Hygrometer Indoor Thermometer Room Thermometer and Humidity Gauge with Temperature Humidity Monitor
- Air comfort indicator: Humidity meter with humidity level icon indicates air condition - DRY/COMFORT/WET, allowing this humidity sensor to ensure you’re always aware of changes to your home/household with just a quick glance
- High accuracy and quickly refresh: Inside thermometer has high accuracy of ±2~3%RH and ±1°F, making it ideal for measuring fluctuating readings like in a greenhouse; Data measurements are updated every 10 seconds to give you lastest changes of the environment
- High & low records: Accurate hygrometer digital thermometer displays high and low temperature & humidity, always get ready to the changes of the environment
- Healthier home & environment: Thermometer hygrometer with temperature and humidity monitor ensures proper indoor humidity control has important skin, allergen and other health benefits; Can also be as refrigerator thermometer, freezer thermometer, reptile thermometer, soil thermometer, humidor hygrometer, cigar hygrometer and more
- Smart design: Indoor room thermometer features a tabletop stand to place the temperature monitor on your counter or use the magnetic back to attach to a fridge; °F/°C Selector; Powered by 1 x AAA battery (included)
KeeKit Indoor Outdoor Thermometer, Digital Hygrometer Meter Gauge with 3 Wireless Sensors, Temperature Humidity Monitor with LCD Backlight, Min/Max Record for Home, Office, Restaurants, Bars, Cafe
- 【3 Wireless Transmit Sensors】 The 3 remote sensors can be put in three different places whatever indoor or outdoor. The thermometer can display the indoor temperature and 3 sets of outdoor temperature and humidity simultaneously. Besides, the rate of changing icon detects rapid changes in temperature and humidity. The station and transmitter signal distance is 100M/328ft (open area).
- 【Large Backlit LCD Screen】 Large LCD display with simple and clear readings. You can press the "Light" button to turn on the backlight. This helps you to read the data clearly even in the dark. And then, the digital hygrometer will automatically turn off after 10 seconds if without any operation.
- 【Accurate Max & Min Record】 Max & Min record functions on indoor and outdoor on both temperature and humidity. The data update every 60 seconds. Press the ℃/°F button to switch between Celsius and Fahrenheit. Perfect on your house, office, factory, restaurants, warehouse baby room and so on.
- 【Humidity Expression】 Indoor temperature (0 - 60℃); Outdoor temperature (-40 - 60℃); Humidity (10% - 99%). The temperature and humidity accuracy: ± 1℃ / ± 5%; Wet: humidity﹥65%; COM: 45%≤humidity≤65%; DRY: humidity﹤45%. The express changes following the changing of the humidity.
- 【2 Mounting Options】It can be stand in the desk or hang on the wall as you like. The station needs 3*AAA Battery; Sensor needs 2*AAA Battery (not included). The battery life is minimum 12 months for base station with one sensor. When the sensor shows the low battery icon that means you need to change the new battery in the sensor. All KeeKit products are protected by our 60 Day Money Back Guarantee & 12 Month Warranty.
AcuRite 00613 Digital Hygrometer & Indoor Thermometer Pre-Calibrated Humidity Gauge, 3" H x 2.5" W x 1.3" D
- Indoor relative humidity
- Indoor temperature, including daily high and low information
- Simple easy-to-read display
- Clip and magnet mountable
- American Based Company in Lake Geneva, WI, USA
AMIR Indoor Outdoor Thermometer, 3 Channels Digital Hygrometer Thermometer with 3 Sensor, Humidity Monitor Wireless with LCD Display, Room Thermometer and Humidity Gauge for Home, Office, Baby Room
- ☀【New version】 - Three-channel temperature and humidity meter with 3 transmitters for various environments.
- ☁【Maximum and Minimum Record】 - It can record the temperature and humidity timely,display temperature and humidity changes of the main unit and 3 transmitters.
- ☄【Clear HD LCD Screen】- Easy-to-read display as well as the humidity smiley icon shows that 45% is dry, 45%-65% is comfortable, and more than 65% is wet.
- ☂【Upgraded Version- Backlight Function】- Backlight shows digit clearly and wide field of view. Press the display backlight to turn it off automatically after 5 seconds.
- ❄【Two Mounting Options】 - This indoor outdoor hygrometer thermometer suport base stand & wall hanging, very convient to place.【NOTE: We provide 45-DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE & 1 YEAR WARRANTY. We guarantee to REFUND your money or REPLACE if you encounter any problems with it.
SensorPush Wireless Thermometer/Hygrometer for iPhone/Android - Humidity & Temperature Smart Sensor with Alerts. Developed and Supported in The USA
- Flexible: Add a SensorPush G1 WiFi Gateway (sold separately) for data and alerts via the Internet
- Powerful: Line of sight range of 325 feet keeps you up to date, even on the other side of your home
- Easy one-time setup with our beautifully designed, free app (iOS or Android)
- Accurate: Swiss-made sensing component provides reliable, accurate measurements
- Set it and forget it: Pushes readings to devices via Bluetooth and alerts you if there's a problem
Humidity Gauge,Newlight66 Digital Hygrometer Indoor Outdoor Hygrometer Thermometer (Â°F) for Humidors Home Car Greenhouseï¼ˆ5 Pack)
- Package Contents:5 Pack (Included Battery ) humidor hygrometer humidor hygrometer
- Fahrenheit (°F) display, this thermometer displays temperature in Fahrenheit
- Temperature measuring range: -58℉-158℉ ; Humidity measuring range: 10%-99%RH (Measures conditions every 10 seconds)
- Temperature measurement accuracy: ±2℉ (±1℃); Humidity measurement accuracy: ±5%RH
- This portable hygrometer thermometer Measures Indoor humidity and temperature in time, help to adjust the humidifier, dehumidifier settings and humidistats, great for monitoring family‘’s living conditions and health by preventing colds, dry skin, asthma, mold.humidor hygrometer
VIVOSUN Digital Hygrometer Indoor Outdoor Thermometer Humidity Monitor with Touchscreen LCD Backlight, Temperature Gauge Meter 200ft/60m Range Wireless Thermometer and Hygrometer, Battery Included
- 【Buy without risk!】We offer a 1-year warranty for this VIVOSUN indoor hygrometer gauge. If you are not completely satisfied with our product or receive a defective product we are happy to find an acceptable solution. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns
- 【Precise Data】VIVOSUN indoor outdoor thermometer provides accurate humidity and temperature readings for both inside and outside simultaneously; Temp Accuracy: ± 1.5°F/± 1°C ; Humidity accuracy：±5%
- 【200ft/60m remote range】 Connect up to 3 Wireless Sensors; 200ft/60m remote range with strong signal penetration humidity monitor gauge (enhanced Wireless Frequency: 433 MHz)
- 【Backlight & LCD Touchscreen】 Large LCD display, easy to read even at long distances. Features blue backlight and touchscreen, turn the backlight on/off, making it easy to operate and clear in the dark; ( 12 Seconds auto off)
- 【Multiple Mounting Options】 Wall thermometer features tabletop, wall-mountable, hanging and magnet-mountable design, convenient mounting feature for every type of room
ORIA Indoor Outdoor Thermometer with 3 Wireless Sensors, Digital Hygrometer Thermometer, Temperature Humidity Monitor Meter with LCD Backlight, Wireless Thermometer for Home, Office, Bedroom, White
- 【Connect Note】 Pls install the station battery first, then install the sensor battery. If a specific channel is lost, press the CHANNEL/+ button until the channel indication single flashing.Verify the humidity sensors match closely with the console and the sensors are in the same location (about 1-3 meters apart). The sensors should agree within 10% (the accuracy is ± 5%). Allow about 30 minutes for all sensors to stabilize.
- 【Humidity Expression】 Large LCD display with simple and clear readings. Indoor temperature (0 - 60℃); Outdoor temperature (-40 - 60℃); Humidity (10% - 99%). The temperature and humidity accuracy: ± 1℃ / ± 5%; Wet: humidity﹥65%; COM: 45%≤humidity≤65%; DRY: humidity﹤45%. The express changes following the changing of the humidity.
- 【Backlight & Battery Life】 You can press the "Light" button to turn on the backlight. It will automatically turn off after 5 second if without any operation. This help you to read the data clearly even though at night. Minimum 12 months for base station with one sensor.
- 【Max & Min Record】 Max & Min functions on indoor and outdoor on both temperature and humidity. The data update every 60 seconds. Press the ℃/°F button to switch between celsius and fahrenheit. Perfect on your house, office, factory, etc. Time & Alarm Clock, Calendar, Snooze / Light.
- 【Easy to Operate】 The Station and transmitter signal distance: 100M/328ft. It can be stand in the desk or hang on the wall as you like. The station need 3* AAA Battery; Sensor need 2*AAA Battery.(not included). When the sensor shows the low battery icon, that means you need to change the new battery in the sensor.
Govee Wireless Thermometer Hygrometer, Mini Bluetooth Humidity Sensor with Notification Alert, Data Storage and Export, 328 Feet Connecting Range
- Wireless App Control: Easily monitor temperature and humidity in real-time on the app. 328ft connecting distance (no obstacles) allows you to quickly get data remotely from anywhere in your home. (Not WiFi Version)
- Accuracy: With a built-in Swiss-made sensor, the temperature is accurate to ±0.54°F and humidity is ±3%RH. Enjoy precise data from the hygrometer thermometer every 2 seconds.
- Data Storage & Export: Featuring 20-day on-board data storage, you can get recent temp & humidity records through curve graph. Press "Export Data as CSV" on the app to export the last 2 years data to your phone.
- Mini Compact Size: With smaller & compact design, this space-saving device is lightweight and portable. And you can place it at multiple locations by the hanging hole.
- Prompt Alert Notification: Set preset temp and humidity ranges with the Govee Home App, and if levels fall out of that range, you'll receive a notification instantly.
ThermoPro TP63B Waterproof Indoor Outdoor Thermometer Digital Wireless Hygrometer Humidity Gauge Temperature Monitor with Cold-Resistant Outdoor Temperature Thermometer 500ft/150m Range
- Accurate reading: Wireless temperature and humidity monitor provides accurate humidity and temperature readings for both inside and outside simultaneously, accuracy within ±2 Fahrenheit and ±2~3%RH; Fahrenheit or Celsius selector
- Cold-resistant & waterproof: Weather thermometer hygrometer with completely sealed remote sensor contains rechargeable lithium battery technology to monitor humidity and temperature as low as -31 Fahrenheit/-35 Celsius, assuring transmission in rain or snow
- 500feet remote range: Indoor/outdoor thermometer wireless measures indoor outdoor temperature and humidity percentages from 500feet/150meter away; Synchronize up to 3 outdoor remote sensors, track environmental conditions in up to 4 locations with additional remote sensors
- Backlit touchscreen: Remote thermometer with touchable backlight screen displays current indoor outdoor temperature and humidity percentages includes temperature/humidity trend arrows and max & min records for all time/24 hours, keeping you aware of the slightest changes in your living conditions
- Smart design: Wireless indoor outdoor thermometer features multiple placement options with a tabletop stand, wall-mount and magnetic back design; Batteries included
15 More Questions Answered
If it's accurate, it should show a humidity of exactly 75 percent. 6. Adjust the hygrometer if necessary. If your hygrometer shows a humidity lower or higher than 75 percent, you'll need to calibrate it so that it's accurate when you use it to check the humidity of your piano or instrument case.
A relative humidity greater than 55 percent is enough to support the growth of black mold. ... Household problems such as water and pipe leaks cause water intrusion and an environment perfect for black mold to grow. The mold can continue to grow unabated if a small leak goes undetected for a long time.
Sometimes, humidity or dampness (water vapor) in the air can supply enough moisture for mold growth. Indoor relative humidity (RH) should be kept below 60 percent -- ideally between 30 percent and 50 percent, if possible. Low humidity may also discourage pests (such as cockroaches) and dust mites.
What is the threshold humidity level for mold growth? When the relative humidity of your crawl space is 70% or higher, mold can thrive. “Relative” humidity is the humidity level expressed in a percentage of the amount of moisture in the air needed for “saturation” (i.e. the highest level of humidity – 100%).
When a dehumidifier is used for the first time, it may take up to 12 hours for it to start working properly and get to the ideal level of humidity which your home needs. For dehumidifiers like Keystone's KSTAD50B, it takes 19 minutes to dehumidify a 50 sq. ft room from 90% relative humidity down to 40% humidity.
Install the CleanSpace vapor barrier
over the interior walls and floor to seal out moisture
. Seal foundation vents to prevent humid
outside air from entering the crawl space
. Install a crawl space
dehumidifier to maintain a proper humidity
level in the crawl space
to help protect against mold, mildew, and wood rot.
These vents allow outside air to circulate under the floor in summer to prevent the moisture buildup that encourages mildew and rot. In winter, when the air is drier, the vents are closed to reduce the chance that the pipes in the crawl space might freeze.
75-85 degrees Fahrenheit
To ensure that the hygrometer reads the correct humidity inside the plastic bag, leave it for around 8 to 12 hours. After the waiting time, check the reading on the device while it is still inside the plastic bag. If the hygrometer is accurate, it should read 75 percent.
AcuRite 01080M Pro Accuracy Temperature and Humidity Gauge with Alarms is a powerful meter that can measure indoor humidity (1-99%) and temperature (from -4 to 158°F or from -20 to 70°C). Note that it provides an accuracy of +/-0.5°F and +/-2% (with manual calibration options).
One of the easiest ways to test your home's humidity level is to head to the drugstore and purchase a hygrometer or indoor humidity monitor. Place the small device in the room you want to test and follow the instructions. The hygrometer will show your home's humidity level in a percentage.
Dampen a towel (not dripping wet, but good and damp), then wrap the hygrometer in the towel for 30 to 45 minutes. Then unwrap it and read the humidity (quickly). If your hygrometer is perfectly calibrated (few are) it will be reading exactly 100% humidity. Most likely, it will be reading somewhere between 80 and 90%.
Hygrometers should be calibrated yearly. Hygrometers are available in both digital and dial models and both should be checked for calibration. Some dial types will have a small screw or adjustment on the back so you can adjust them after calibration.