Although the name sounds pretty high-tech, hydroseeding can be done DIY-style or by a professional lawn care company. You'll likely see the best results by going with a professional, but if you've got money on the mind, you can find a hydroseeding starter kit on Amazon, or maybe even your local garden store.
After all, what is the average cost to Hydroseed?
Hydroseeding Costs Homeowners can expect to pay between $500 and $4,000, or an average of $1,000, for hydroseeding a typical 5,000 to 10,000 square foot lawn. Hydroseeding averages between $0.06 to $0.20 per square foot or $2,000 to $4,000 per acre.
Still, is Hydroseed better than grass seed? Hydroseed will take less time then Grass Seed because it has a blanket with a fertilizer mix that holds the seed in place. But again, hydroseed needs a lot of water, but you should be able to mow the grass 4-6 weeks after seeding. Sod is the quickest way to receive an instant lawn.
Despite everything, what is the best time of year to Hydroseed?
Hydroseed in the spring and fall for the best results. According to the IAHP, spring and fall are the best seasons for hydroseeding because warm soil and moderate rain help young grass seedlings grow deep roots. Summer heat will help grass germinate and grow faster, but you'll likely have to water more often.
Can I HydroSeed over existing lawn?
The simple answer is that, yes, it can be done. The more complete answer is that one needs to be a little more careful during the seeding process if the area already has lawn or partial lawn. The hydroseed mulch mixture is normally very thick. This helps to protect the seeds during their germination phase.
Hydro Mousse Liquid Lawn System - Grow Grass Where You Spray It - Made in USA
- Hydro Mousse is easy to apply and provides the perfect solution for homeowners with patchy lawns that need repair. Fix dry spots, dog spots, high traffic areas and shade
- Attaches to any garden hose and eliminates guesswork by clearly showing you where you are planting
- Each kit will reseed a 100 foot square area, or 200 spots and contains: the spray head, the coating chamber (canister), the grass seed blend that is suitable for all climates, the Hydro Mousse liquid formula
- Grow grass anywhere (Subject to proper care) - Please follow all directions on package to achieve and establish a desirable lawn. Achieving and maintaining a lush looking lawn is not difficult if you use Hydro Mousse. Remember proper preparation and watering is crucial for seeding success
- 60% Tall Fescue; 20% Shining Star Perennial Ryegrass; 10% Boreal Creeping Red Fescue; 10% Shamrock Kentucky Bluegrass
Eagle 15000-6 Eye Marketing Group Inc Hydro Mousse Fescue Kit
- As seen on TV, Hydro mousse liquid lawn Fescue kit, grass grows where you spray it from seed to sod like the pros over seeding, dog spots.
- Shaded & high traffic areas, includes 1/2 lb, proprietary grass seed blend, 2 oz bottle of liquid mousse seed coating formula.
- Includes enough to do up to 100 sq. ft..
Hydro Mousse Liquid Lawn - Bermuda Grass Seed - Made in USA - Seed Like The Pros
- Grow Bermuda grass anywhere (Subject to proper care)
- Hydro Mousse Bermuda Grass is easy to apply and provides the perfect solution for homeowners with patchy lawns that need repair. Fix dry spots, dog spots, high traffic areas and shade.
- Attaches to any garden hose and eliminates guesswork by clearly showing you where you are planting
- Each kit will reseed a 100 foot square area, or 200 spots and contains: the spray head, the coating chamber (canister), & the Hydro Mousse liquid formula
- Please follow all directions on package to achieve and establish a desirable lawn. Achieving and maintaining a lush looking lawn is not difficult if you use Hydro Mousse. Remember proper preparation and watering is crucial for seeding success
Liquid Aerator (32oz) - Liquid Lawn Aerator Loosens & Conditions Compacted Soil for Increased Nutrient Uptake - USA Made, OMRI Listed, Minerals, Nutrients, Humic Acids, Microbes for Healthier Growth
- ✔️ DEEP SOIL CONDITIONER: Our lawn aeration formula is the key tool in keeping your lawn healthy, soft and conditioned. Our safe, innovative formula will effectively loosen and soften compacted soil. Enhance your lawn or gardens soil structure, detoxify soil, increase nutrient uptake and improve plant and root growth by decreasing compaction with Covington Naturals Liquid Lawn Aerator.
- ✔️ EASIER THAN CORE & MECHANICAL AERATION: Forget messy aerator lawn plugs with core aeration or lawn aerator shoes! Our liquid lawn aerator provides an easy to use alternative to core, physical, and mechanical aeration. Our liquid soil loosener helps aerate and soften soil. Improves movement of water and absorption, allowing more water, nutrients, and air to get to the root system.
- ✔️ MADE IN THE USA: We are proud that our liquid aerating soil loosener is Made in the USA and OMRI Listed. We are a Family Owned business with a long history of experience in the farming and turf industry. Covington products are used everywhere from large farming operations, golf courses to residential lawns. We take pride in providing you with quality American Made products.
- ✔️ SOIL HEALTH = HAPPY LAWNS: Our #1 liquid aerator is a OMRI Listed biological that alleviates the effects of compaction, increases nutrient uptake and promotes healthier plant growth. Covington Aerator is an advanced composition of minerals, essential nutrients, kelp, humic acids, amino acids, and beneficial microbes, carbohydrates, and a synergistic blend of bacillus bacteria strains.
- ✔️ 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: Trying different products can be scary, especially when it comes to your lawn! We understand that lawn health doesn't happen overnight and offer a extended 100%, no questions asked, 90 day money back guarantee. Our lawn aerator is safe for all mammals, including children and pets! Try our lawn soil aerator with absolutely no risk to you!
Scotts EZ Seed Patch and Repair Sun and Shade, 10 lb. - Combination Mulch, Seed and Fertilizer, Tackifier Reduces Seed Wash-Away - Full Sun, Dense Shade, High Traffic Areas - Covers up to 225 sq. ft.
- Grow grass anywhere, guaranteed (subject to proper care) with this revolutionary seeding mix
- Grass seed: Scotts best high performance seed; Mulch: absorbs 6X its weight in water and expands to surround the seed in a moist protective layer
- Fertilizer: Exclusive controlled release technology feeds seedlings to jumpstart growth
- Tackifier: Helps keep seed from washing away; Protectant: Helps keep seedlings safe from harmful diseases that can attack newly planted areas
- Grows in full sun and dense shade, high traffic areas and on slopes; seeds up to 225 sq; ft.
Hydro Mousse - Liquid Lawn Refill Pack, 2lb Bag (Covers 400sq. ft.)
- HydroMousse Refill Bag is the easy to use refill solution to your HydroMousse Kit
- Eco-friendly Spray n’ Stay Technology attaches the seed to the soil and reduces the seeds water surface tension allowing it to absorb more water
- High quality seed mixture blends perfectly with your existing lawn - Covers up to 200 Square Feet
- Quick and easy — the grass grows where you spray it - Eliminates guesswork by clearly showing you where you're planting
- Great for dry spots, dog spots, high traffic areas, and shade
Grotrax Biodegradable Grass Seed Mat, Year Round Green - 100 Square Feet Big Roll - All In One Growing Solution For Lawns, Dog Patches and Shade - Just Roll Water & Grow - Not Fake or Artificial Grass
- ALL IN ONE GROWING SOLUTION: Grotrax ‘All-in-One’ Grass Seed fabric contains Seed, Fertilizer and Mulch in one easy to use ‘roll out’ growing system. "Every Seed Perfectly Placed" at 120% of its recommended planting rate. Each Grotrax Year-Round Green Grass Seed roll contains the latest technology, high-quality seed from leading Oregon growers.
- SIMPLY ROLL, WATER, AND WATCH IT GROW: Every Grotrax roll includes seed, fertilizer, and mulch to create an All-in-One grass growing solution. Our Year Round Green Quick Fix Roll growing system stays green, even in extreme conditions of dense shade or scorching sun.
- BIODEGRADABLE GRASS SEED MAT: Once rolled out and watered, our specialized grass roll sticks to the ground. Each seed is then surrounded by fertilizer and held in place between two bio fabric layers, our Micro Pellet Fertilizer and Biodegradable Fabric. Grotrax Micro Pellet Fertilizer produces fast germination and uniform growth. Biodegradable Fabric prevents seeds from washing away making it cheaper, easier, and lighter than traditional sod.
- 100 SQUARE FEET BIG ROLL: Our product is super lightweight and easy to roll out or cut into patches to revive weak grass areas. Our Year Round Green Seed Roll aggressively spreads and thickens for a durable lawn.
- PERFECT FOR SUN, SHADE and SLOPES: Designed for full sun and dense shade, Grotrax has fine bladed texture and medium to high drought resistance. Each Bio roll contains only the highest quality, certified weed free, award-winning Oregon seed.
A.M. Leonard Curlex II Erosion Control Blanket Fabric, Double Net, 4 Feet x 112.5 Feet
- Biodegradable excelsior blanket with double netting - 4 feet x 112.5 feet
- For temporary erosion control and speedy re-vegetation of slopes and waterways
- Netting breaks down in sunlight in 90-120 days, for a single growing season's coverage
- Extruded plastic netting on both sides for extra durability in high water areas
- Recommended for slope to 1.5:1, channels to 9 fps
Advanced 16-4-8 Balanced NPK - Lawn Food Quality Liquid Fertilizer - Spring & Summer Concentrated Spray - Any Grass Type - Simple Lawn Solutions (32 Ounce)
- Complete NPK Lawn Food: 16-4-8 is the perfect blend of key macronutrients. This lawn liquid food turf fertilizer also contains Seaweed & Fish.
- Contains High Quality Feed Grade Ingredients: Nourish your lawn to health with pure liquid Nutrients. We believe in nourishing your lawn to health the right way.
- Easy To Use: Designed to be easily applied. This complete Nitrogen, Phosphate and Potash formula gives your grass greening & growth while providing nutrients for lush lawns
- All Grass types: Including Bermuda, St. Augustine, Zoysia, Buffalo, Centipede, Florida Palmetto, Bahia, Fescue, Ryegrass & Kentucky Bluegrass
- Produced In The United States: 16-4-8 is manufactured in the United States of America, by a family owned business with 25 years of former experience in the commercial professional turf industry.
EZ-Straw Seeding Mulch with Tack - Biodegradable Organic Processed Straw â€“ 2.5 CU FT Bale (covers up to 500 sq. ft.)
- ORGANIC PROCESSED STRAW W/TACKIFIER – Premium Processed Straw with a bonding agent (Tackifier) that gives straw a tackiness which holds it together. This natural bonding agent is biodegradable and helps to protect grass seed from heavy washout and wind.
- STRAW PROTECTS the SEED - The Straw Protects the grass seed from heavy washout, windy areas, birds and other animals
- EASY TO APPLY – Twice cut and processed for easy application
- BETTER RESULTS – Tack Bonding agent gives straw a tackiness which holds it together. Speeds up germination. Water less often. 99% weed free
- BIODEGRADABLE - Biodegrades, no mess to clean up, just leave in place after the seed grows
- SAFE and CONVENIENT - Safe for pets and children. Conveniently bagged, Easy to handle package. Bag is UV protected plastic and can be stored outside.
7 More Questions Answered
5 to 6 weeks
oz. Spray Bottle Organic Seed and Soil Innoculant-101.1w - The Home Depot.
Always rake and roll your dirt if disturbed prior to hydroseeding, wet it down, and lightly scratch it with a rake. You can delineate the perimeter with a stick, rake, or upside down paint. Feel free to make a radius for ease of mowing. Don't even bother amending this soil.
Watering instructions: Hydroseed should be watered for 3 times per day for approximately 10-15 minutes per watering cycle. The green dye fades within 5-10 days. The ideal watering times are 4:00AM, 11:00AM, and 4:00PM. (do not water after dark)
Hydroseed can be up to four times cheaper than sod, ranging from $. 50 – 1.00 per square foot. It's an ideal option for large yards for its affordability. Labor charges are significantly less drastic for a larger yard than a smaller one once the hydroseed machine is in use.
While maintaining even more beautiful results, a healthier lawn, costs savings and faster germination, hydroseeding is truly the cost effective choice and wave of the future. The lawn quality that hydroseeding affords is much healthier, greener and longer lasting than sodding or hand seeding applications.