But enough about me, here are your picks for the top hardtails:
- Trek X-Caliber: $930-$1,580. ...
- Specialized Rockhopper: $525-$1,400. ...
- Trek Superfly: $1,520-$2,100. ...
- (tie) Specialized Epic: $1,900-$9,500. ...
- (tie) Santa Cruz Chameleon: $1,700-$2,350. ...
- Kona Honzo: $1,400-$4,600.
Similarly, what is the best value for money mountain bike?
The best cheap mountain bike you can buy in 2020
- Pinnacle Kapur 2. ...
- Voodoo Bizango 29er. ...
- Cannondale Trail 4. ...
- Specialized Pitch Sport 650B. ...
- Canyon Grand Canyon AL 4.0. ...
- Trek X-Caliber 7. ...
- Marin Bobcat Trail 5. ...
- Saracen Zenith Pro 29er.
Moreover, is Giant better than Trek? Price. Overall, Giant is less expensive than Trek. Because of where they are manufactured, Giant is able to keep the costs of its bike lower. Trek bikes do offer budget-friendly rides, but their bikes, on average, are more expensive to purchase.
At the least, are Hardtails good for jumps?
A hardtail is much better for jumps. The technique should be the same except you don't have to force the bike over the jump as much as you would with a full suspension frame due to the suck it gets off a takeoff.
Can you downhill on a hardtail?
Yes, a hardtail bike can handle many jumps and drops on downhill trails just fine. Many XC bikes are hardtails, and many of these hardtail mountain bikes can handle jumps up to around 2 feet high.
Huffy Hardtail Mountain Bike, Stone Mountain 24-26 inch 21-Speed, Lightweight, Gloss Red (74808)
- With a gloss red hardtail frame and 21 speeds to conquer the trails, the Huffy Stone Mountain is ready for outdoor adventures
- An Amazon exclusive: Ideal for ages 12-19 and a rider height of 58-70 inches; durable steel frame is backed by our limited lifetime warranty (see owner's manual for details); Kolo 1200 suspension fork handles bumps and dips for a smoother-feeling ride
- The indexed Shimano TZ-31 rear derailleur combines with the micro-shift twist shifter to deliver 21 speeds on-demand for uphill climbing, downhill riding, or pure acceleration; removable rear derailleur guard ensures consistent gear operation
- 24" x 1.95" knobby tires tear into bike paths with ease; linear pull hand brakes deliver consistent stopping action; premium padded ATB saddle has stitched sides for lasting quality; alloy quick release provides easy seat height adjustment
- Slight-rise handlebar enables upright riding to minimize back and shoulder strain; ATB-type resin pedals on the 3-piece Kolo crank have responsive feel; Kraton grips are comfortable to the touch; alloy wheels in matte black; kickstand included
Huffy 26 Mens Hardtail 21-Speed with Disc Brakes Mountain Bike
- FEATURE: 21-speed bike's twist shifting system with Shimano rear derailleur delivers consistent response for uphill and downhill rides. Frame: Hardtail frame and front suspension fork combine for great riding over a mix of terrain.
- Brakes: Dual disc brakes provide a more consistent response and stopping action in wet conditions as well as dry weather. Speeds: 21-speed mountain bike has consistent twist shifting with the rear Shimano 7-speed indexed derailleur.
- Tires: Dual disc brakes enable use of wider tires for greater traction on any terrain. Seat: Padded saddle, with durable stitching, can be easily adjusted to the right height
- Rims: Strong, alloy double-walled rims are lightweight and complete this style with an edgy, aerodynamic design. Grips:Huffy-branded Krayton grips provide a performance style and comfort feel.
- Handlebar: Slight-rise handlebar encourages the proper posture for increased comfort. Quick Seat Adjustment: Quick-release binder clip makes it easy to adjust the seat as needed. Pedals:ATB resin mountain bike pedals have just the right amount of tactile grip.
Huffy Hardtail Mountain Trail Bike 24 inch, 26 inch, 27.5 inch, 26 Inch Wheels/17 Inch Frame, Ocean Blue Gloss
- Assembly tutorial is located in the related video shorts section; bathed in a beautiful Ocean Blue Gloss, the Exxo mountain bike is ready to explore your favorite trails; ideal for ages 13 and up and a minimum rider height of 5 feet
- The lightweight aluminum hardtail frame is backed by our limited 10-year frame warranty (see owner's manual for details); aluminum (much lighter than steel) provides more rolling momentum so it's easier to pedal for speed and acceleration
- Promptly draw on 21 speeds on-demand for uphill climbing, downhill riding, or pure acceleration with the indexed Shimano TZ-31 rear derailleur and micro-shift twist shifter; suspension fork absorbs bumps for a better ride
- Knobby 26" X 1.95" tires bite into dirt and gravel paths with ease in wet or dry conditions; alloy linear pull brakes together with machined alloy wheel rims provide smooth stopping power; premium padded ATB saddle has stitched sides for quality
- Slight-rise handlebar enables upright riding to minimize back and shoulder strain; ATB-type resin pedals on the 3-piece crank have responsive feel; Kraton grips remain comfortable to the touch; alloy wheels in matte black; kickstand included
Raptor Hardtail Mountain Bike, 26 inch Wheels, 17 inch Frame, Blue
- Frame/Fork: Steel hard tail frame with Mode G79 suspension fork
- Wheels/Tires: Aluminum rims with 26 X 1.95 black mountain bike tires
- Drivetrain: 21 speed with Shimano tourney rear derailleur, twist shifters
- Brakes/Cockpit: Front and Rear V-Brakes, steel quill stem and steel riser handlebar
- Includes: Kickstand
Menâ€™s Mountain Bike Hardtail with 26 Inch Wheels, Lightweight Aluminum Frame MTB Bicycle with Dual Disc Brakes, Adult Bike for Men with 100mm Travel Front Suspension Fork (Black2, 24 Speed)
- LIGHTWEIGHT ALUMINUM FRAME: Upgraded aluminum alloy XC mountain frame provides rugged yet lightweight construction to fly through fearless downhill sections and climb uphill trails with confidence.
- 24-SPEED DERAILLEUR: 3 gears in front and 8 gears in back give you a combined 24 speeds to keep you pushing through any terrain in your path. The powerful 100mm travel suspension fork absorbs shock on rough off-road trails.
- STOP ON A DIME: Ride safely at high speeds with front and rear mechanical disc brakes to stay in control through steep drops. Dependable aluminum alloy cranks provide steady gearing and less maintenance work after heavy extended riding.
- PERFORMANCE WHEELS & TIRES: High profile, double-wall alloy rims are lightweight yet durable. 1.95 inch-wide knobby mountain tires create a high-performance trail ride that grips any surface you might encounter.
- 1-YEAR WARRANTY: One year warranty included for your peace of mind. Delivered 85% pre-assembled, you just attach the handlebars and seat post. Recommended for ages 12+. For riders up to 330 lbs.
TOUGH Handsome Fast Awesome Speed And Balance All Terrain Easy Care And Clean Reliable Huffy 24â€ Scout Boys' DARK GRAY Hardtail 21-Speed Mountain Bike with Disc Brakes - Ready For Anytime Anywhere Act
- Got style and the specs you want for a cool, confident ride 21-speed twist shifting system with a Shimano 7-speed rear indexed derailleur consistently shifts between gears for quick adjustments on various terrains
- Front and rear dual disc brakes provide a more consistent response with reliable stopping action in all types of weather
- Front suspension is precision-crafted for a responsive ride,
- The padded ATB saddle is designed for comfort and style, plus the quick-release binder clip makes it easy to adjust saddle height as needed. The slight-rise handlebar encourages the proper posture for increased comfort and confidence as you tackle those trails. Great performance, great style, great memories to come
- Carton Dimensions: Length: 54.33", by Width: 8.27", by Height: 45.76" Package Weight: 45.8 lbs.
Mongoose Rockadile Kids Hardtail Mountain Bike, 24-Inch Wheels, Silver
- The rockadile is designed for young riders who need a trail-worthy mountain bike that's also great for a neighborhood ride and is designed for riders 4'8" To 5'6".
- Tectonic T1 aluminum frame and fork are lightweight and durable for years of reliability.
- 3 x 7 drivetrain; Shimano Tourney derailleurs and Revo shifters with a Pro wheel 152 mm crank offer precise gearing.
- The Mongoose rockadile's aluminum linear pull brakes provide sure stopping power.
- Aluminum double Wall wheels with 24"x2. 35" Mongoose mountain tires offer superior traction on any terrain.
27.5" Royce Union RMT Mens 21-Speed All-Terrain Mountain Bike, 22" Aluminum Frame, Twist Shift, Matte Black
- Assembly video beside images; RMT is a great bike to ride; the hardtail frame is molded from durable, no-rust aluminum, lighter than steel; that makes this bike easier to accelerate, easier to maintain momentum, and easier to handle
- All tools are included for fast assembly; 22-inch frame is suggested for a minimum inseam of 37.25 inches; 18 and 20 inch frames also available; Zoom suspension fork delivers solid performance
- Just twist to shift; the complete Shimano 21-speed drivetrain delivers seamless shifting between gears as you adjust to your path; padded saddle can be easily adjusted for the right fit
- 27.5 inch wheels maintain rolling momentum; all-terrain tread pattern provides less rolling resistance than typical mountain bike tires; this mountain bike performs equally well for gravel paths and for paved streets
- Machined alloy wheel rims enable superior brake pad contact to enable the alloy linear pull brakes to consistently stop on demand; Kraton grips and pedals feel good and comfortable; limited 10-year warranty (kickstand not included with bike)
Erwazi Mountain Bikes, Hardtail Mountain Bike Stone Mountain 26 Inch, 21-Speed, Aluminum Mens Bicycle Womens Mountain Bike (Blue)
- 🔹 26 "X 1. 95" Tab tires handle pavement, gravel and dirt with ease; linear pull hand brakes deliver consistent, stopping action; padded ATB saddle is stitched for lasting quality; alloy quick release provides easy seat height adjustment.
- 🔹 With a gloss black silver hardtail frame and 21 speeds to aggressively ride, the bike is ready for epic, outdoor fun.
- 🔹 Ideal for ages 14 and above and a rider height of 44in and above; durable steel frame is backed by our limited lifetimes (see owner's manual for details); kilo 1200 suspension fork handles bumps and dips for a smoother-feeling ride.
- 🔹 The indexed SHIMANOS rear derailleur combines with the micro-shift twists shifter to deliver 21 speeds on-demand for uphill Climbing, downhill riding, or pure acceleration; removable rear derailleur guard ensures consistent gear operation.
- 🔹 Slight-rise handlebar enables upright riding to minimize back and shoulder strain; ATB-type resin pedals on the 3-piece kilo crank have responsive feel; Crayton grips remain comfortable to the touch; alloy wheels in matte Black; kickstand included.
26 Inch Huffy Women's Trail Runner Mountain Bike Dual Suspension Frame and Suspension Fork, Black
- FEATURE: Dual suspension frame and suspension fork combine with Shimano derailleur for great riding over a mix of terrain
- Frame and Fork: Dual Suspension steel frame in Black and Hot Pink suspension fork for a superior responsive ride Grips: Krayton grips give a performance look and comfort feel to your ride
- Seat ATB saddle with contrasting stitching Brakes: Alloy linear pull brakes and 3-piece crank add superior performance to every ride
- Tires: 26" x 1.95" rugged tires handle a mix of terrain
- Rims: Alloy rims in Black Speeds: 18-speed index shifters are integrated with the Shimano rear derailleur for smooth performance Pedals: ATB Resin
3 More Questions Answered
The brief answer is: Choose a full-suspension bike if you are willing to spend a bit more and you want to ride technical trails. On the other hand, choose a hardtail bike if you're on a tighter budget and/or plan to spend most of your time on smoother trails.
The best mountain bikes for beginners
S-Works Epic. Photo Credit : Specialized. ... Santa Cruz Highball. Photo Credit : Santa Cruz. ... Scott Scale RC900. Photo Credit : Scott. ... Canyon Exceed CF SLX 9.0. Photo Credit : Canyon. ... Giant XTC Advanced. Photo Credit : Giant. ... Trek Procaliber 9.7. ... BMC TeamElite 01. ... 6 Things to Expect in the Best Hardtail Mountain Bikes.
- Specialized Fuse Comp 29. Long, slack with a sliding dropout. ...
- Trek Roscoe 8. Everything you'd look for in a trail-focused hardtail with a light price tag. ...
- Commencal Meta HT AM Origin. For the beginner who wants to get rowdy. ...
- Norco Fluid HT 1. ...
- Nukeproof Scout 290 Expert. ...
- Vitus Sentier 29 VR. ...
- Santa Cruz Chameleon D 29.