The Best Gutter Guards for Your Home
- BEST OVERALL: Raptor Stainless Steel Micro-Mesh 5” Gutter Cover.
- LEAST NOTICEABLE: A-M Aluminum 5” Gutter Guard.
- EASIEST TO INSTALL: Amerimax Home Products Lock-In Gutter Guard.
- BEST VALUE: FlexxPoint 5” Gutter Cover System.
So anyway, do gutter guards prevent ice dams?
Gutter guards DO NOT prevent ice damming or icicles, however they do prevent debris from entering into your gutters. Gutter guards in combination with the heating cables Ken mentions in the video with prevent ice damming and icicles from forming on the home.
On top, how do I keep my gutters from freezing in the winter? 6 Tips to prevent frozen guttersKeep your gutters clean. If you have trees in your yard or neighborhood, the chances are that some leaves will end up in your gutters. ... Consider salting your gutters. ... Make sure your gutters are sloped. ... Check your roof insulation. ... Shovel your roof. ... Roof maintenance.
One may also ask, does LeafGuard work in heavy rain?
Can LeafGuard Gutters Handle Heavy Rain or Downpours? Yes, LeafGuard gutters have been tested and can handle up to 32 inches of rain per hour, which is over three times the heaviest rainfall ever recorded by the US Weather Bureau.
Should you knock down icicles?
“It's not recommended for a typical homeowner to remove icicles because it could cause damage to spouting and roofing,” Brian Groover, the owner of Groover Roofing and Siding, told vindy.com. “There's always a risk factor to the house and person (when you knock down icicles.)
FlexxPoint 30 Year Gutter Cover System, Brown Residential 5" Gutter Guards, 102ft
- Available in White, Matte Aluminum and Thermal Thaw Black. Blocks all types of debris. Clog free, High volume water flow.
- Easy to Install, Contractor pricing, Includes STAINLESS STEEL installation fastners
- Cannot be seen from the ground, Made from Premium Domestic Aluminum.
- Does NOT void roof warranties, Permanently installs, Easy to handle 4 foot sections
- Now with STAINLESS STEEL fastners, Factory Direct, Made in the USA
A-M Aluminum Gutter Guard Sample Pack (Includes 5" and 6" Width Samples 6" Length, Mill Finish)
- This is a SAMPLE only - it is 6 inches in length.
- The Difference is In the Design. Heavy gauge .018 100% Aluminum will not rust - Lifetime warranty covers no rust, rot or product self deterioration specifically for hidden hangars but works with all hangars including K-style hangars
- Virtually invisible from the ground
- Designed to handle downpours with 380 holes per foot
- Easy to install with tabs for seamless joints. Requires 1/2" #8 Zip Screws - not included, Made in the USA!!!
LeafTek 5" x 100' Gutter Guard Leaf Protection in White | DIY Premium Contractor Grade 35 Year Aluminum Covers | 32'/100'/200' Available in 5 or 6 Inch
- WHY LEAFTEK? - 100% Made In The USA | Easy to install | Strengthens your gutters (see photo #6) | Thick .019 gauge USA aluminum | Stainless steel, self-tap color matched screws included | Hard as nails enamel finish | Proprietary vented raised ridge air flow design | Corners install easily | Does NOT install under your shingles, therefore will not void your roofs warranty | Free shipping
- KEEPS EVERYTHING OUT - LeafTek keeps leaves, twigs, pine needles, seeds, elephants (just seeing if you're paying attention) out while handling the heaviest downpours. PLUS... With 404 - 1/8' holes per sq. ft. there's never "shingle sediment" clogging unlike micro hole systems
- PEACE OF MIND - Your days of climbing ladders to clean gunk out of your gutter system are over. Double box packaging for extra protection
- SERVICE, SERVICE, SERVICE - Support by phone or email 7 days a week. Our service support staff is located in the USA
- INDUSTRY LEADING 35 YEAR WARRANTY - Made in the USA, plus a 30 day money back guarantee insures your LeafTek purchase is absolutely 100% risk free!
Stainless Steel Micro-Mesh, Raptor Gutter Guard: A Contractor-Grade DIY Gutter Cover That fits Any roof or Gutter type-48ft to a Box and fits a 5" Gutter.
- Stainless steel micro-mesh blocks leaves, pine needles, roof grit, and pests from entering your gutter.
- Heavy-duty materials withstand all the elements and will never rust or warp.
- Easy to install on any 5" wide or smaller gutter and won't void your roof warranty.
- Backed by 25-year warranty and a world-class, US-based support team.
- Includes self-tapping, corrosion-resistant screws, and a magnetic hex head driver.
E-Z-GUTTER GUARD EZ-Quick-10 Gutter Guard, Silver
- Includes ten 4-foot sections - entire box installed covers 39. 2 feet; Each section notched for ¾-inch in overlap
- Easy to install – no screws needed; snaps out for maintenance
- Heavy-duty expanded aluminum won’t rust or rot
- Not designed for plastic gutter; fits only 5” residential K-style gutter with hidden hangers
- Tight mesh keeps debris out while letting rainwater rush through; Pine needles and other very small debris may pass thru screen; E-Z-Shield should be used in areas where this may occur
- Tension-engineered to stay in place during rough weather
- Made in the USA
Superior Gutter Guards | NEW Raised Stainless-Steel Screen Technology Gutter Cover, DIY Constructed. Fits any Traditional 5-inch Gutter - 48FT Kit
- Superior Protects your Gutters, Handles the Harshest of Weather conditions, Patented Raised Design Micro Mesh, Whooshes Debris Away, Redirecting Rainwater Down into the Gutter.
- Superior Gutter Guards Blocks Creepy-crawlies, Flying Insects, Pests, Birds, Debris, from getting into and clogging your Gutters and Downspouts.
- Made to protect your Family, Home, Foundation, Using Stainless Steel Mesh, Mill Finished Aluminum Rails, formed to fit any 5’ Gutter.
- Constructed to DIY, Installs Easily and Quick. Our Mission is to do it Right the First Time with Easy to Follow Instructions.
- A Trusted Company Engineered and Built in USA, Superior Gutter Guards has Your Back with a 20-Year Warranty and is WUI Compliant.
Amerimax Home Products 636025 Lock-In Gutter Guard, Black (Pack of 25)
- Compatible with 4", 5", and 6" metal (steel or aluminum) K-style gutters
- The tight expanded metal mesh pattern keeps out most debris, to keep your gutters flowing freely.
- Constructed of durable powder-coated steel for long life and protection from the elements, and neutral color blends seamlessly with roofline
- Easy "lock-in" installation, simply slide under the first row of shingles and lock the gutter guard to the front lip of the gutter
- Includes 10-year limited
- Made in the USA
- Carton contains 25 pieces
20 Gutter Cups Gutter Guards - 30 Feet Long - Best Gutter Cover Protection â€“ Easy DIY Installation, no Tools Required â€“ Stop Leaves and Pine Needles from Clogging Gutters
- Gutter Cups stop leaves, pine needles, and other debris from clogging gutters.
- Say Goodbye to Clogged Gutters, and Frequent Gutter Cleaning.
- Gutter Cups allow free flow of rain water even when completely covered by debris.
- Gutter Cups fit all standard residential gutters. They provide effective low cost gutter protection.
- Clogged gutters damage house foundation and promote mold.
GutterBrush Simple Gutter Guard | for Standard 5" Gutters | Easy, No Tools DIY Gutter Leaf Guard (6 Ft.)
- 4.25 INCH DIAMETER BRUSH to protect 6 feet of 5 INCH STANDARD GUTTERS (Other Diameters Available For Different Gutter Sizes) - Package contains 4 x 18 inch sections
- KEEP YOUR GUTTERS FLOWING with GutterBrush. The cylinder-shaped bristles fill your gutters, blocking leaves and debris while allowing water to flow freely to downspouts.
- EASIEST TO INSTALL - Just slide brush sections end to end into your existing rain gutters. Ideal for year round protection in any climate.
- NO CUTTING, TOOLS OR FASTENERS - No interference with roofing structure
- SAVE TIME AND MONEY on gutter cleaning, maintenance and repair. GutterBrush keeps water flowing, helping to prevent expensive water damage, wet basements, cracked foundations and more.
E-Z-GUTTER GUARD EZ-Shield-10 Gutter Guard, Black
- Designed for 5" residential gutters; Easy to install - no screws needed; Each section notched for 3/4 inch in overlap
- Heavy-duty painted aluminum won't rust or rot; Black color blends with roofline and heats quickly to melt ice and snow
- Designed to stay in place during rough weather; Snaps out for maintenance ; It’s a snap to install — no screws needed
- Reverse louvers allow maximum water through but keep debris out
- Includes ten 4-foot sections; Entire box installed covers 40 feet; Made in U. S. A.
6 More Questions Answered
Heat tape for ice dam prevention The purpose of heat cable is ONLY to create relief channels through snow and ice, not to keep the eaves completely free of snow. When a high-quality cable is used and it's installed by someone who knows what they're doing, heat cables can provide a decade of reliable ice dam prevention.
Putting rock salt
and ice melt
directly on your roof will damage shingles, but by filling the socks with salt and ice melt
, tying them off and sticking a few in your gutters
, it will help clear them out. ... While it's rarer, ice
also occur on roofs without gutters
If you have a lot of winter precipitation as rain, or a lot of melt-water, you need to get the runoff out and away from the house foundation, which is the purpose of a proper downspout system. Thus, extending the outflow of the downspouts is needed year around to prevent this.
Loose gutters usually lead to rotting of the wood. Ideally you should clean your gutters in the fall before the winter season arrives but if you haven't done it, don't despair, it can still be done in the winter.
Below, we have comprised a list of tips to help you find the best gutter guard suitable for your home:Easy installation. ... Pay close attention to the materials used. ... Select a gutter guard favorable to your location and climate. ... Consider the price of the gutter guard. ... Mesh gutter guards. ... Reverse curve gutter guards.
The biggest difference is that LeafGuard replaces your existing gutters, regardless of their condition, and installs its own “seamless one-piece” gutter. Meanwhile, Gutter Helmet is a hood-like cover that installs over your existing gutters, usually under the second row of shingles.