Visual deterrents are helpful against ducks, including the Gator Guard for use on water and our 3D-Coyote for lawn and garden. In larger areas where noise is not a large concern, our Goosebuster is also highly effective against ducks. If you have a large space to clear ducks from, call Bird-X at 800.662.
One way or another, what smell do ducks hate?
Birds dislike the smell of hairspray, perfume and after-shave—they can be toxic. While birds possess olfactory glands glands, enabling them to smell, they do not rely on this sense as much as humans or other animals.
All the same, will cayenne pepper keep ducks away? Cayenne Pepper to Repel Birds Just like with the chili pepper spray, you can mix cayenne pepper with water to keep birds and other animals away from your plants. Animals can't stand the smell of cayenne pepper and will steer well clear of any areas that have been sprayed with this mixture.
That said, how do you get rid of ducks on your property?
The best thing you can do to get rid of ducks is to block access to any food or water. If this is not possible, you have to try your best to scare them away using sounds, decoys, and other repellents. Some online sources recommend stringing ropes or string around your property to keep them out.
What scares ducks away from pools?
Use Sprinklers. An automatic sprinkler system is a great deterrent for ducks; they don't like getting pelted with water unexpectedly any more than you do. You can also just use a good old fashioned sprinkler near the pool and turn it on during times when you've noticed the most activity.
Bird-X Scare-Eye Bird Repellent Predator Eyes Balloons, Pack of 3
- Highly effective bird scare
- Holographic predator eyes, bright colors, and wind movement adds intimidation
- Cost-effective solution to repel birds
- Each balloon covers up to 6,000 sq. ft.
- 3 balloons included per package (1 yellow, 1 white, 1 black)
KOET Swan Decoy, White Floating Swan Statue Decorations, Pond Bird Deterrent Ornament Resin Pond Goose Duck for Garden Park Swan Bird Scarecrow
- Can be put in fields or float on the water.Highly simulated 3D swan sculpture for decorating your garden.
- Hollowed body, lightweight and floatable, can be used anywhere.Can be put in fields or float on the water.
- Made of XPE material, durable and realistic.Not just for hunting but also as a decorative ornament for garden ponds.
- Deterrent Decoration Pond Bird Yard Ornament Swan Sculpture Realistic Decoy
- Package Includes:1* Swan sculpture, Material: XPE, Size: Approx. 36x17.5x25cm, Color: White
Premium Quality Bird Deterrent Reflective Scare Tape Ribbon 350 ft Long â€“ Pest Control Dual-sided Repellent For Pigeons, Grackles, Woodpeckers, Geese, Herons, Blackbirds & More â€“ Sturdy & Ultra Strong
- SAVE YOUR CROPS FROM RUDE INVADERS! Don’t let any kind of bird trouble you any more, thanks to BriteNway’s bird diverting tape; the best way to win the battle against pigeons, woodpeckers, ducks, geese, herons, blackbirds and much more!
- SIMPLE & EFFECTIVE BIRD CONTROL SOLUTION! Reflective scare tape has proven to be a powerful and extremely efficient solution for pest and bird control problems. But don’t take our word for it, just try it out and see for yourself!
- INCREDIBLY EASY TO INSTALL! All you need to do is cut the number of stripes you need and place them in the area that you’re facing the problem, such as rooftops, decks or tree branches – and then wait for the feathery visitors to leave once and for all!
- ECO-FRIENDLY & WILDLIFE FRIENDLY! You don’t have to resort to drastic measures in order to get rid of your bird problem. Our non-toxic, reflective iridescent scare tape will take of it for you without hurting them or the environment!
- PURCHASE WITH PEACE OF MIND! We have worked hard in order to offer you the best repellent scare tape your money can buy. However, if you feel that our product did not rise to your high standards, we offer you a full money back guarantee!
XPCARE Bird Repellent Scare Tape - 150ft x 2in Holographic Bird Scare Ribbon, Double Side Bird Deterrent-150Ft
- Extremely Effective: The XPCARE Bird Repellent and Deterrent Reflective Tape is a highly effective bird repellent solution. Birds hate the shiny reflective tape moving with the wind, and will avoid coming near these bird repellent strips, thus creating a bird free zone. Hang it on your deck, garden, lawn, farm, etc.And notice, even though it's called duct tape, it's not adhesive and it's not ordinary sticky tape, you have to tie it up or hang it up, to chase off enemies that you hate.
- Humane and Non-Toxic: Eco-friendly and wildlife friendly, and is harmless to birds. By utilizing the bird’s natural instincts, these tape strips tell all birds to keep away, and won’t cause them any harm. Solve your bird problem without harmful chemicals. Get finally rid of all pesky birds – naturally and safely!
- Quality & Long Lasting: Made with quality thick and ultra-durable material, to ensure its durability and lifelong effectiveness. The tape’s highly reflective properties will last for many years and won’t corrode by being exposed to the elements. Get many years of excellent bird repelling results!
- Easy To Set Up: The bird repellent tape is easy to set up. Simply cut off your desired length size and hang it onto a tree, fence, etc. For best results always place a few pieces close to each other. Tape moves in the wind, moving freely even during low speed breezes and winds, thus making it effective even on low windy days.
- Specifications: Roll length: 150 Ft. / Width: 2 inches / Tape is double sided, having the mirrored reflection on both sides for optimal performance / Effective for: Pigeons, woodpeckers, ravens, crows, ducks, and most other birds.ral habitat areas where they are free from harm. PURCHASE 2 OR MORE ROLLS AND GET A DISCOUNT: see coupon code below.
Bird Blinder Repellent PinWheels â€“ Sparkly Holographic Pin Wheel Spinners Scare Off Birds and Pests (Set of 8)
- Natural, Humane bird deterrent
- Also a decorative feature for your yard and garden
- Holographic mylar pin wheels spin in the breeze, causing bright flashes of light scaring birds from the area
- Pin Wheels are 7 inches wide, and stand 19 inches tall
Hoont Advanced Motion Activated Solar Powered Ultrasonic with Flashing Strobe O, Green
- Get rid of all animal intruders sound generators – blasts all animal intruders out of your property by emitting powerful ultrasonic sounds and flashing LED strobes. Eliminate roaming pest animal problems with this aggressive ultrasonic and flashing light animal repelled. Features three (3) ultrasonic frequency settings, plus an optional on/off LED flashing light.
- How it works – the hoot outdoor animal pest repelled blasts a range of powerful ultrasonic sounds and flashing LED strobe lights to scare away a wide variety of pests.
- Solar powered & easy to install L sound generators – simply take it out of the box, stick it into the ground with the included metal stake, and select your desired settings (Features 3 ultrasonic frequency settings, an optional on/off LED light, and 7 Sensitivity settings). Features a solar panel on top of the device that harnesses the sun’s energy and recharges the batteries (3 AA rechargeable batteries included). / can also be recharged via USB (a USB charging cable is included).
- Humane & – no messy chemicals or pesticides, no traps, no dead animals. The Hoot™ Solar powered ultrasonic animal Sound generators Repelled gets rid of all animals through emitting a mixture of ultrasonic sounds and powerful flashing LED strobe lights, frightening the intruding animals and pests to leave the area.
- WEATHERPROOF & WATER-RESISTANT – Solid hard plastic construction for withstanding years of rain, snow, ice and wind. Perfect for yards, patios, driveways, garages, attics, porches, boats, gardens, farms, ponds, etc. / PIR Motion sensor: Detects motion from up to 30 Ft. / Size: 6” x 3. 5” x 2” / Upgraded components for enhanced performance.
Chephon Bird Repellent Spiral Reflectors with Reflective Scare Discs - Decorative Bird Deterrent Device to Scare Birds Away Like Woodpeckers, Pigeons and Geese - 3 Pack with Free Hooks
- ✔ HIGHLY EFFECTIVE - These bird deterrent spirals and discs products are dual-sided mirrored, so they are more reflective and get more shining sunlight to keep birds away.
- ✔ NO MORE BIRDS - Made to get rid of birds for your window, boat, patio, car, roof, porch and fruit trees effectively.
- ✔ NICE DECORATION - The highly mirrored spirals can rotate like spinners in wind and the bird repellant discs can sway in breeze. A great decorative plus to your house and garden!
- ✔ EASY to INSTALL - They are easy to install and hang in place with the hooks coming with them. Perfect alternative to bird scare tape rods or spikes.
- ✔ WORKS LIKE A CHARM - Good to prevent birds from window strikes, leaving droppings, digging holes or nesting.
De-bird Scare Tape - Reflective Tape Outdoor To Keep Away Woodpecker, Pigeon, Grackles, And More. Stops Damage, Roosting, and Mess (125ft Roll)
- Durable holographic pest control reflective tape. Extra thick, weather resistance and long lasting.
- Easy to use DIY bird repellent. Cut strips of flash tape and tie anywhere.
- Scare birds away! A pest repellent that will save your money on bird damage to homes and cars.
- Safe iridescent reflector tape entirely harmless to birds & works to protect your House
- 12-month money-back guarantee on all bird deterrent products. 100% satisfaction is our priority.
Bird-X Coyote 3-D Predator Replica Visual Scare for Bird and Pest Control
- BEST-SELLING Predator Replica
- Looks real! Life-Sized, fluffy tail, and 360-degree visibility
- Safe, humane, effective, budget-friendly
- Eliminates cleanup, damage, and cost associated with pest infestation
- Protects up to 1 acre
Liquid Fence HG-1466X 146 Goose Repellent, 1-Quart Hose End Sprayer, Pack of 1, Brown/A
- REPELS GEESE, TURKEYS & DUCKS: Liquid Fence Goose Repellent makes the food supply in the application area undesirable to these birds.
- APPLY ON TURF AREAS: Use to treat lawns, golf courses, athletic fields and other turf areas.
- READY-TO-SPRAY CONCENTRATE: Just attach to a garden hose and spray.
- WORKS YEAR-ROUND: Apply liberally to turf areas during a dry period.
- MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE: Guaranteed results or your money back – see product label for details.
- Goose repellent, 1-quart hose end sprayer
- Formulated from natural ingredients
- Works year round; covers 4, 000 square feet
- Won't harm geese, turkeys or ducks when used as directed
- Use with hose-end or tank sprayer
11 More Questions Answered
If you have a pool try filling it with large inflatable snakes, beach balls, noodles, and other such floaties. Apparently, the ducks think it is too crowded and will go to your neighbors. I have also heard of folks using bird netting and owl decoys as a deterrent.
When you see a pair of ducks, or a female quacking often, they may be searching for a nest site. If you do not want the ducks to nest in your yard, chase the ducks away when you see them spending their early evening in the yard.
Female ducks, as it turns out, quack for many different reasons. For example, they have been known to quack when they are alone, and particularly if they are separated from their partner. ... Male mallard ducks make a quieter, raspy sound, and ducklings will whistle softly when they are scared.
Follow these steps to remove bird droppings and disinfect the water:Close the pool to swimmers.Put on disposable gloves.Remove the bird droppings using a net or bucket. ... Clean off any debris or dirt from the item used to remove the bird droppings.
3 deterrents to keep birds off your dock and raftsDori Poles. Dori Poles are highly visible, decorative pennants - and, one of the most effective ways to discourage birds from frequenting your lakeside property. ... The Owl. ... Strobe Light/Beacons.
Cover swimming pools
during the nesting
season; Allow beach or pool balls to float on the surface of pools, ponds or fountains; Clear away foliage from around water sources to eliminate a protected nesting
area; Enclose above ground
decks with skirting to eliminate a nesting
Set up Plastic Owls. Since owls are a natural predator of ducks, set a few plastic decoys up around the pool to scare them off. For this to effectively work though, it's best to invest in a decoy that hoots and makes simple physical movements like head turns.
Wish there was a duck santuary I could call. Try sprinkling a few handfuls of mothballs around the area. Once they get out of the habit of coming there you can dispose of what is left of the balls. Gets rid of other critters and bugs as well!
"Ducks will drink large amounts of water from the pool with chlorine residual that will irreparably damage their kidneys," he said. In the United States, most birds, including ducks and geese, are protected by the Federal Migratory Bird Treaty Act and state laws.
Ducks can swim on fresh or salt water. In fact some ducks like Eider Ducks live mainly on islands with access to the sea! These birds are generally stronger swimmers than the Mallards and other ducks which live on lakes or rivers. ... There are however bigger hazards in venturing on to the sea!
Metallic Poisons. Hunters annually kill millions of ducks and geese intentionally with shotguns. Sadly, they also kill a large number of these birds accidentally. Lead pellets that do not end up in the hunters' targets plummet into ponds, lakes, and marshes where they are often ingested by aquatic birds.