3 Best Oil Additives for Diesels (and Why Your Engine Probably Needs One)
- Best Value. STP Oil Treatment Diesel. Check Price on Amazon.
- Editor's Pick. Rev X High Performance Oil Additive. Check Price on Amazon.
- Premium Choice. BestLine Premium Synthetic Diesel Engine Treatment. Check Price on Amazon.
Brief, what is the best oil additive for a 6.0 Powerstroke?
1. Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel Oil 5W‐40. Mobil is a very respectable engine oil provider, with Mobil 1 being one of their most successful items. This fully synthetic engine oil is perfect for heavy-duty environments, emphasizing engine protection in high-temperature situations.
At the least, does Hot Shot diesel additive work? The good news is, this hot shots secret whatever, it does work. I can attest to good throttle response, quieter injectors and less valve rattle in both diesels I own.. However, there's no noticeable difference between hot shots and diesel kleen in the gray bottle that I can vouch for, even on my scan tool.
In addition to, what is the best stiction eliminator?
The best oil additive to cure your diesel's stiction
- REV-X Engine Oil Treatment Kit Two 4oz Bottles. ...
- AR9100-16oz Powerstroke Cold Starts, an Injector Stiction Solution. ...
- Hot Shot's Secret HSS64Z Stiction Eliminator - 64 fl.
Should I put additives in my Diesel?
Diesel fuel quality Diesel engine makers need to account for swings in quality when designing and certifying their engines. Generally, they do not endorse or recommend the use of fuel additives.
REV X Stiction Fix Oil Treatment - Two 4 fl. oz. Bottles
- Two 4 fl. oz. bottles of REV X High Performance Oil Additive in our stiction fix retail box. Will treat up to 12 quarts of oil.
- Quiets engine noise while cleaning harmful deposits, varnish and sludge in all engines. Reduces friction by creating a microscopic friction reduction layer on all treated components to reach areas standard oils can not.
- Removes stiction, common in HEUI Injectors, without using harmful and dangerous chemical strippers.
- Extends the service life of all synthetic, semi-synthetic, and mineral based oils providing a reduction of wear of all treated engine components.
- Greatly improves or eliminates cold start issues in all diesel engines.
REV X Super Ultimate Kit for Diesel - 4oz High Performance Oil Additive (2) + 8oz Ultimate Fuel Treatment (2)
- Greatly Improves Starting In Cold Weather and Dissolves Stiction in Powerstroke Diesels.
- Increases Efficiency, Horsepower, Torque & Lubrication Service Life.
- REV X is safe for all Soft and Exotic Metals.
- Reduces Exhaust Emissions and Diesel Smoke.
- Cleans entire Fuel System and Oil System. Ultimate goes in the fuel tank and Oil Additive Goes in your Engine.
Archoil AR9100 Oil Additive (16oz) for All Vehicles - Powerstroke Cold Starts, Eliminates Injector Problems
- 16oz AR9100 Friction Modifier- Treats one PowerStroke
- Fixes 6.0 and 7.3L PowerStroke Cold Start Injector Problems.
- For gasoline and diesel engines, gearboxes, hydraulics, differentials and power steering systems.
- Reduces wear and extends component life
- Reduces engine noise, vibration, and friction heat.
REV X Diesel Oil Additive & Fuel Kit - 4 oz Oil Treatment (2) + 8 oz Diesel Gold Fuel System Cleaner
- Cleans stiction and injectors organically without the use of dangerous chemical strippers.
- Replaces missing lubricants that diesel engines and fuel pumps need that are not present in ULSD and Bio-Blend Diesel fuels.
- Provides the highest cetane boost on the market, 12 point maximum cetane increase.
- Improves and in most cases, eliminates cold start issue in all diesel engines.
- Super concentrated! 8 fl. oz. of Distance+ Gold treats 200 gallons of diesel fuel. Two 4 fl. oz. of our Oil Additive treat up to 15 quarts of oil.
Hot Shot's Secret Everyday Diesel Treatment - EDT 16 oz Squeeze - Treats up to 400 Gallons
- BOOSTS cetane up to 7 points
- INCREASES power, performance, and fuel economy
- STABILIZE fuel & disperse moisture
- INCREASES lubricity & prevent rust and corrosion
- 1-2 OZ per 25 GAL of diesel fuel
- Treats 400 Gallons
- Concentrated daily fuel booster
Hot Shot's Secret - DDD Diesel Duo, 2qt STICTION Eliminator and 2qt Diesel Extreme
- STICTION ELIMINATOR: RESTORES POWER & COMPRESSION
- STICTION ELIMINATOR: REDUCES WEAR
- STICTION ELIMINATOR: PROTECTS TURBO, INJECTORS & RINGS
- DIESEL EXTREME: CLEANS INJECTOR TIPS
- DIESEL EXTREME: BOOSTS CETANE UP TO 7 PTS & RESTORES THROTTLE
Shell Rotella T6 Full Synthetic 5W-40 Diesel Engine Oil (1-Gallon, Case of 3)
- Provides 1. 5% improved fuel economy performance compared to SAE 15W-40 oils
- Triple Protection Plus formula combines fully synthetic base oils with advanced additives for excellent equipment protection and long engine life
- Formulated with additive technology that protects against the effects of soot, dirt and other contaminants
- Engineered with shear stability to resist viscosity loss and maintain optimal engine oil pressure
- Suitable for diesel-powered vehicles from tractor/trailers to classic cars and heavy-duty diesel pickups that allow an SAE 5W-40
Hot Shot's Secret Original Stiction Eliminator - 32 fl. oz. (Packaging May Vary)
- Improved power; improved compression
- Removed engine deposits; seals rings better
- Neutralized harmful engine acids; reduced frictional drag
- Prevent excessive wear; reduced lifter and valve noise
- Restores oil pressure
Archoil Performance Kit P-1 for All Vehicles - 16oz AR9100 Friction Modifier + 16oz AR6200 Fuel Treatment
- 16oz AR9100 Friction Modifier Treats 16 quart oil sump
- 16.9oz (500ml) AR6200 Fuel Treatment treats 500 gallons of fuel
Archoil AR6200 (8oz) Fuel Treatment - Treats 250 Gallons - Diesel Additive/Fuel Additive
- Highly Concentrated - 8oz Bottle Treats 250 Gallons of Fuel
- AR6200 improves torque and MPG while reducing soot/carbon deposit formation by producing a more complete burn
- AR6200 stabilizes fuel and protects your fuel system from wear, deposits, corrosion and damage from water in fuel
5 More Questions Answered
If diesel oils are so good, why don't car manufacturers recommend their use in gasoline engines? It's because diesel oils fail in one critical area when used in gasoline engines. API-rated diesel CC or CD oils do not meet the engine-cleanliness parameters set for oils rated SF for gasoline engines.
The 6.0 Powerstroke Has Overly Complicated Systems One of the biggest problems with these engines is the overly complicated way that every system is set up on these trucks. The injection system is a high pressure oil controlled system that most people cannot wrap their head around.
The “experts” say that a Ford 6.0 oil change is needed every 7,500 miles “under normal operating conditions” and 5,000 miles under “severe operating conditions.” And that should take about 6 months. And the extended life. heavy-duty oils say you can go 10,000 miles and more between oil changes.
If maintained properly and repaired by a knowledgeable mechanic they are pretty good trucks. They have good power, get fair mileage, and will last a couple hundred thousand miles without too much issue.
You can easily add too much of a high-quality diesel fuel additive. ... Overdosing can lead to a whole new list of fuel and engine issues from clogged filters to overall decreased engine performance and efficiency. If you're losing lubricity, don't over-treat.