The most common are 30 pint, 50 pint, and 70 pint. This refers to how much water they can extract withing 24 hours. Most dehumidifiers also suggest a recommended room size to help you choose the right size. It's always best to go on the big side with a dehumidifier if you want the most effective results.
Somehow, can I put a dehumidifier in the attic?
Placing a dehumidifier inside the attic will help to draw out moisture from the surrounding environment. However, you'll need to drain it frequently in order for it to function properly. ... Dehumidifiers are really just a temporary solution to attic moisture problems.
Finally, how do you get moisture out of your attic? How do I Stop Condensation in my Attic?Eliminate or reduce air leakage into the attic.Improve attic insulation.Improve attic ventilation.Ensure bathroom & dryer vents are routed outside.
On the other hand, where is the best place to put my dehumidifier?
Where to place Dehumidifiers? – Best place for my Dehumidifier
- Dehumidifiers extract moisture from the areas of a house with high humidity. ...
- In order to use your dehumidifier, put it in the place with more humidity in your home, like a basement, crawl space, bathrooms or a laundry room.
What causes too much moisture in attic?
The primary cause of your attic-moisture problems results from warm air escaping from the heated portion of your home into the unheated attic space. Heat escapes around penetrations in the wall and ceilings made for items such as light fixtures, wires, vent pipes, and fans.
ALROCKET Dehumidifier 35oz(1000ml) Small Dehumidifier for 2100 Cubic Feet (260 sq ft) Portable and Compact Ultra Quiet for Home, basements, Bedroom, Bathroom, Garage, Wardrobe, RV
- High-Efficiency Dehumify：ALROCKET portable dehumidifier with 35oz(1000ml) capacity tank extracts up to 16oz(450ml) of water daily in a humid environment of 86°F and 80% RH. ALROCKET dehumidifier helps you improve air quality and create a comfortable and clean living environment for you.
- Ultra Quiet: ALROCKET small dehumidifier Built-in Thermo-Electric Tech(Peltier) operation which means whisper-quiet(39db). Allowing you to run it all day and night without any loud or disturbing noises.
- Energy Saving-Healthy: This mini dehumidifier is effective and energy saving with a power only 40W/hour which means using only 0.96kW of electricity after running for 24 hours. It's environmentally friendly and more affordable than traditional chemical absorbents.
- Auto-Shutoff Function: This dehumidifier will auto shut off (When the water of the tank reaches between 24oz and 27oz) to protect from the risk of overflow. And the light turns red when shut off. Note: Product optimal operating temperature is 41°F-122°F, below 41°F the effect of dehumidification is not obvious. Contact us if you have any questions.
- Portable and Compact: One-touch switch design helps you easily operate the unit. The size (5.7 x 5.7 x 8.9 inches) and lightweight (2.87lb). Ideal for rooms up to 2100 Cubic Feet (260 sq ft). You can easy to move it into bedrooms, bathrooms, and offices.
Waykar 2000 Sq. Ft. Dehumidifier for Home and Basements,with Auto or Manual Drainage,0.66 Gallon Water Tank Capacity
- Dehumidifier for Space Up to 2000 Sq. Ft.: Our 25 pints (40 Pint 2012 DOE Standard) capacity dehumidifiers are able to removes moisture in areas up to 2000 sq. ft. and adjust humidity from 30% to 85%. Maintaining a healthy 45%-55% humidity range has never been easier! It is a dehumidifier ideal for any basements, office, home, bathroom, bedroom, kitchen, stockroom, living room, laundry room, cellars, crawlspace, etc..
- Unique Design for The Mordern Home: The Waykar dehumidifiers designed with sleek and modern look. With 360° rotatable wheels and ergonomically lift up handles, you can move around this dehumidifier easily. A quiet fan that won't disturb you when you sleep or at work, adjustable fan speeds for multiple choices. 24-hour Timer Setting for preset operation and reduced energy consumption
- Intelligent Control: After you set your desired humidity, the dehumidifier will run intelligently. Humidity Auto Control-Simply adjust to your desire humidity, it will work smartly, when it reached its designated humidity, it will automatically stop working and then automatically restart to dehumidify when the humidity above target is sensed. Automatic Shut Off/On-Shuts off automatically when the bucket is full and switch it on again after the bucket emptied. Power Outage Automatic Restart
- Easy To Use: Auto Drain - The unit comes with a 6.56 feet drain hose that you can attached to the drain pipe hole to continually drain water that is dehumidified. Manual Drain - The water tank is 0.66 gallon/2.5 L,when it reachs maximum capacity, the "Full Tank "indicator will light up, the dehumidifier will automatically switch off until the tank has been emptied. Meanwhile, a reusable and washable filter preserves fresh and clean air quality
- Support: All of Waykar Dehumidifiers are covered with 30-Days Money Back if you are not satisfied with the product, 1 year warranty, 2nd year warranty extension and lifetime expert tech support. Please don't hesitate to contact us if there is any question, we will reply to you within 24 hours and help you solve the problems. Waykar customer support team is always just one-email away
hOmeLabs 1,500 Sq. Ft Energy Star Dehumidifier for Medium to Large Rooms and Basements
- 1,500 SQ FT DEHUMIDIFIER - Our dehumidifier removes up to 22 pints (30 pint 2012 DOE standard) of moisture from the air per day. This moisture-removing, Energy Star certified beast is fit for medium to large rooms, to quickly and effectively absorb moisture without racking up your energy bill.
- DESIGNED FOR THE MODERN HOME - That most dehumidifiers are clunky eyesores is news to nobody. We designed with the modern consumer in mind: a sleek clean look, convenient built-in wheels and handles, and a quiet fan that won’t drown out your current binge-watching obsession. Durability is key, too, which is why we offer a 2-year warranty, plus an extra 6 months if you register on our website.
- SUPER EASY TO USE - Dehumidifiers don’t need to be complicated, so ours isn’t. Adjust to your ideal moisture setting, then let it run its continuous 24-hour cycle until the tank is full, at which point it will automatically shut-off. Don’t got time for that? There’s also a drain hose outlet for continuous draining. The hose is not included; we recommend a ⅝” diameter garden hose with an internal threaded end, and optionally Teflon tape for extra security
- ELIMINATES MOISTNESS - Moist is a bad word. Our portable dehumidifier reduces moisture through its built-in pump compressor. It also features a Turbo mode that increases fan speed from Normal Air CFM 165 (cubic feet per minute) to High Air CFM 188 for maximum moisture removal
- IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW - Dehumidifiers emit heat when in use (that’s how they absorb the moisture). This product won’t work in the same room as an evaporative cooler, and is intended for any indoor space up to 1,500 SQ FT. It measures 15.2 x 10 x 19.7 inches, has a 1 gallon water tank capacity, and removes up to 22 pints of moisture from the air per day.
Moisture Absorber boxes (6 Pack), 10.5 Oz, Vacplus Unscented MoistureÂ Absorber, Humidity Absorber Attracts Extra Moisture from Your Bathroom, Closet, Kitchen & Study, Dehumidifier for Closet
- 【Efficient Dehumidification】 – Traps excess moisture quickly. Vacplus moisture absorbers use spherical calcium chloride to enlarge the absorbing area. The large collecting capacity of this moisture remover keeps a long time dry.
- 【Free Your Nose 】–Vacplus moisture eliminator is fragrance-free. No more worries about the unpleasant smell from the box around you.
- 【Premium Quality】–To prevent water leakage, Vacplus Closet moisture absorber designs with unique lock wet paper and high-quality collecting layer. This dehumidifier remover works great for your bathroom, basement, kitchen, laundry room, etc.
- 【Visible Effect 】–Vacplus closet dehumidifier has its own independent water-collecting layer. You can observe the water absorption from the humidifier absorber at any time.
- 【Best Service】 - Vacplus promises a full refund or a replacement FOR 2 YEARS under your normal use. Just contact us if you have any problems. Buy Vacplus now!!
Vremi 50 Pint 4,500 Sq. Ft. Dehumidifier Energy Star Rated for Large Spaces and Basements
- Our "Moisture Maniac" dehumidifier is rated to remove 50 pints (70 Pint 2012 DOE Rating Standard) of moisture per day and is ideal for medium to large spaces from 3,000 sq. ft. to 4,500 sq. ft.
- We designed our dehumidifier with convenience and style in mind. This dehumidifier sports a sleek, clean look with convenient built-in wheels and handles and a quiet fan that will do its job without you hearing it.
- It's a dehumidifier, not a rocket ship and our design reflects that. Simply adjust to your ideal moisture setting, let it run its continuous 24-hour cycle until the tank is full, where it'll then shut-off automatically. For added convenience, there’s also a drain hose outlet for continuous draining (NOTE: hose not included) Key Product Features
- Our portable dehumidifier features a Turbo mode that increases fan speed for maximum moisture removal. This product effectively reduces humidity and maintains a level of dryer air that can help you feel more comfortable.
- Dehumidifiers emit heat when in use (that’s how they work) and is intended for any indoor space between 3,000 and 4,500 SQ FT. It measures 16.6 x 11 x 24.3 inches, has a 1.8 gallon water tank capacity, and removes up to 50 pints of moisture from the air per day. Key Product Features
Ivation 4,500 Sq Ft Smart Wi-Fi Energy Star Dehumidifier with App, Continuous Drain Hose Connector, Programmable Humidity, 2.25 Gal Reservoir for Medium and Large Rooms (4,500 Sq Ft With Pump)
- HIGH-CAPACITY HOME DEHUMIDIFIER | Powerful Compressor Dehumidifier Removes 50 Pints of Moisture/Day Per Department of Energy Standard [60°F at 60% Relative Humidity] | Eco-Friendly, Energy-Star Rated Unit Easily Handles Rooms Up to 4,500 Square Feet Through All Seasons [Equivalent to 70-Pint 2012 DOE Standard]
- BREATHE COOL, COMFORTABLE AIR | By Eliminating Moisture from the Air, Dehumidifiers Help Prevent Mold Odors to Provide Cleaner, Healthier Air for Your Family
- INNOVATIVE APP CONTROL OVER WI-FI | Finally, You Can Monitor & Adjust Humidity Levels from Afar! | Use the FREE Ivation App to Turn the Device On/Off, Check Ambient Temperature, Humidity & Water Levels, Adjust Fan Speed, Set a Timer & More | Great for Checking on Unit From Work, On Vacation or From Another Room
- BRIGHT EASY-READ LCD DISPLAY | Onboard Screen Displays Humidistat & Setting, Fan Speed, Timer, Water & Filter Alerts, C°/F° & More for Effortless Operation | Low-Maintenance Design—Just Plug In, Select Setting & Empty Large 2.25-Gallon Reservoir When Full | Includes Optional Hose Hookup for Continuous Drainagefor Checking on Unit From Work, On Vacation or From Another Room
- INTEGRATED 16W PUMP & 16’ HOSE | Allows for Easy Upward Diversion of Water Into Sink or Out Basement Window | Also Includes Auto Safety Shutoff [When Water Reaches Capacity], Auto-Restart [in Event of Power Outage], Auto-Defrost [to Save Energy & Protect Evaporator Coils], Removable Filter & Smooth Caster Wheels
ALORAIR Basement/Crawl Space Dehumidifiers Removal 120PPD (Saturation), 55 Pint Commercial Dehumidifier, Energy Star Listed, 5 Years Warranty, Auto Defrosting, cETL, Optional Remote Monitoring
- Energy Star Certified Dehumidifier-quickly and effectively removes moisture with less energy than conventional dehumidifiers without racking up your energy bill, saving you money. This will be the best crawl space/basement dehumidifier you will ever use. Remove 55 pints per day at AHAM condition up to 1,300 sq. ft, fit for any basement, crawl space, storage areas, garage, any large room, or commercial use.
- Automatic Defrost-a quick and efficient defrosting process, truly makes the dehumidifier able to work at a low temperature (36 degrees Fahrenheit), if frost is detected on the coils, an automatic defrost cycle runs to avoid frost build-up and issues associated with that build up. Makes the unit work continuously and efficiently without periodic stopping during the defrosting process, not only saving the energy but also making the unit last longer.
- INTERNAL CORROSION PROTECTION-a advanced technology to minimize corrosion and freon leakage, as you know in dehumidification applications, there always get oxide, hydroxide, or sulfide, normal coils get corrosion and freon leakage quickly, this innovative feature extends the life of the coils by providing protection against, maintaining the coil’s heat transferability.
- DESIGNED FOR THE MODERN HOME-for your full satisfaction, we designed this professional dehumidifier with the modern consumer in mind, all special features make it the best for crawlspace, basement, and commercial applications, auto defrosting system, optional Remote control system, MERV-8 filter, Low-temperature operation, C-ETL, and Energy Star listed.
- 5 Years Warranty-energy efficient & safety tested our sentinel HD55 dehumidifier is energy star certified and is fully compliant with the electrical safety ETL. Every AlorAir dehumidifier comes with a 5-year warranty with a local professional customer support team ready to assist at any time. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us, you deserve the best after-sales service.
hysure Dehumidifier,2000ml Compact Deshumidificador 1200 Cubic Feet(215 sq ft) Quiet Room Dehumidifier, Portable Dehumidifier Bathroom Dehumidifier for Dorm Room, Baby Room, Home (White)
- ♛ Hight Efficient: Remove moisture up to 750ml per day(86℉,80%RH) and this air dehumidifier has one large removable water tank 2000ml. Protects your home from mold and mildew caused by excess moisture.
- ★ Ultra-Quiet Technology: Use peltier technology with no compressor makes it lightweight and quiet. Noise is below 33dB with no annoying sound, offer quiet and sound when you are sleeping.an choose humidity value to achieve the dehumidification effect.
- ♛ Auto Shut Off: It is also programmed to shut off automatically once it has reached capacity. And indicator light will go on to remind you to empty the tank out.
- Energy Saving: Upgrade section dehumidifier with no chemical substances and low energy consumption, It Is an Ideal environmentally friendly solutions for absorbing damp and condensation. Energy saving and eco-friendly, not waste electricity.
- Portable and Compact: One-touch switch design helps you easily operate the unit. The size (8.9*5.9*14.6 inches) and lightweight (4.8lb). Ideal for rooms up to 2200 Cubic Feet (270 sq ft). You can easy to move it into bedrooms, bathrooms, and offices.
Ivation IVADM35 Powerful Mid-Size Thermo-Electric Dehumidifier - Quietly Gathers Up to 20 Ounces of Water Per Day - for Bath Room, Basement, Attic, Boats, Rv Ect - for Spaces Up to 2,200 Cubic Feet
- Thermo-electric Peltier module Technology: Medium in Size, Big on Power with No Moving Parts. Reduces humidity in Closet, Basement, Crawl Space, RV, Boat, Car, Home, Bathroom, Bedroom , Small Areas and Tiny Spaces
- Squeezes Up to 20 oz. of Water a Day From Humid Air
- Very Quiet Operation Due to No Moving Parts
- At Capacity, Indicator Lights Up and Device Shuts Off
- Compact at 4.45 pounds, 6.8” x 8.5” x 14” - for Closet, Basement, Crawl Space, RV, Boat, Car, Home, Bathroom, Bedroom , Small Areas and Tiny Spaces.
Ivation 30 Pint Energy Star Dehumidifier - For Spaces Up To 2,000 Sq Ft - Includes Programmable Humidistat, Hose Connector, Auto Shutoff / Restart, Casters & Washable Air Filter (30 Pint),White
- This Compressor Dehumidifier Keeps Spaces Up to 1,500 Sq. Ft. Cool & Comfortable by Removing 22 Pints of Moisture/Day (30 Pint according to the old DOE [Department of Energy] standards, in 2019 this was classified as 30 pint and it now needs to be classified as 22 pint but IT REMOVED THE SAME MOISTURE AS THE OLD 30 PINT)
- Built-In Humidity Sensor - The LCD accurately displays the current humidity level in the room, enabling you to set your ideal levels for automatic moisture control
- Low Maintenance & Easy Operation; Simply Plug-In, Select Settings & Empty 1.3 Gallon Reservoir
- Bright LED Display Indicates Humidistat & Setting, Fan Speed, Timer, Filter Alert & More
- Highlights Include Eco-Efficiency (ENERGY STAR Certified), Casters, Auto-Defrost, & Auto-Restart
13 More Questions Answered
Like all condensation, attic condensation occurs when moisture in the attic's air encounters a surface that cools the air to a temperature at or below its dew point. ... Normal human activities such as breathing, bathing, cleaning and cooking all place moisture into a house's air, but generally do not cause problems.
How to determine whether you need better attic ventilationLook at your eaves and roof. ... Touch your ceiling on a warm, sunny day. ... Thick ridges of ice on your eaves in winter are a sign of poor attic ventilation. ... Warm air that escapes living space also carries moisture that will condense on rafters or roof sheathing.
It's very, very common to see frost in small areas, on the roofing nails penetrating the sheathing, and in areas where air circulation may not be the best. To see this is not ideal, but it's very much expected, especially in older homes.
Wet insulation in the attic can be dried out with the help of a fan or a dehumidifier. For some attics, you can remove the wet batts and keep them in a warm area to dry out. After a few weeks, you will need to monitor the insulation. ... In those cases, the insulation will need to be replaced with new material.
As well as a lack of ventilation, condensation can be caused by poor insulation or inadequate heating in the home. Bathroom condensation is so annoying, and it's a common problem in most homes. ... Warm air also holds more moisture, which results in heavier condensation.
Combining an attic power vent fan with a ridge vent is usually not recommended because: It could reverse the natural flow of hot air out the ridge vent. If air is drawn in through the ridge vent while it's raining, it might pull rainwater in with it, which could lead to leaking or mold in the attic.
Ideal attic temperatures
shouldn't be more than 10 to 20 degrees hotter than outside temperatures
. If your attic
soars above 100 degrees and reaches the 150 mark, its time to consult professionals to ensure your attic
is properly vented. High attic temperatures
put a huge strain on your air conditioning
Do You Need to Run a Dehumidifier All the Time? No, it is not necessary to run your dehumidifier all the time. You should only run your unit when the humidity level is above 50 percent. ... Collecting water constantly with a dehumidifier does really help you maintain the temperature and relative humidity at an ideal level.
Portable dehumidifiers can work for a small area, like a basement, but to decrease humidity levels throughout your home, you'll want to go with a whole-house dehumidifier. The benefits a whole-house model offers concern capacity, airflow and operation.
Attic temperatures can reach upwards of 150 degrees in the summertime, and an attic fan can help evacuate the hot air and humidity that can build up. ... Installing an attic fan to vent the hot air will reduce the workload on your air conditioner, which in turn reduces your energy costs and saves you money.
You can also take the following steps to avoid excessive duct condensation.Reduce the humidity level around your air ducts. ... Unblock any ducts that are restricting air flow and have them cleaned regularly. ... Keep your air filters clean and change them regularly. ... Repair leaking ducts.
However, you MUSTN'T block these soffit vents or you will risk having a similar condensation problem up in your roof space, and that could cause rot over time. So, instead, you need to add extra insulation to that ceiling.
Traditionally, condensation is managed by insulating the metal roof so that the panel temperature never reaches the dew point. This is often accomplished using vinyl-backed fiberglass insulation to prevent humid air from coming into contact with the cooler metal roof (which may be at or below the dew point).