For closer range situations and daylight shots, a basic 3-9×40 scope should be plenty good enough for whitetails, mule deer, or elk. In fact, that's probably the most common and best scope magnification for deer hunting.
So is, what is the best rifle scope for deer hunting?
Best Rifle Scopes for Deer Hunting – 2020 Top Picks
- BEST OVERALL : Nikon Buckmasters II.
- RUNNER-UP: Vortex Optics Diamondback.
- BEST BUDGET OPTION: Primary Arms 4-14x44 FFP Rifle Scope.
- BEST UNDER $200: UTG 3-12X44 30mm Compact Scope.
- BEST LOW LIGHT RIFLE SCOPE: Bushnell Banner Dusk & Dawn Rifle Scope.
Secondly, what scope should I use for 100 yards? When you are looking for the best rifle scope for 100 yards, the Nikon 3-9×40 reticle scope is the best choice without any doubt. It can provide high-quality Rimfire scope for 100 yards. When you look at the price tag, the Nikon 3-9×40 reticle scope is a reasonable price in town compared to others.
Along with it, is a 50mm scope better than a 40mm?
Even a 50mm objective transmits 55% or so more light than a 40mm objective. ... You will get better strength, lower cost, less weight, less parallax, and greater depth of field with the 40mm objective.
Are vortex scopes as good as Leupold?
Leupold may have a slight advantage with the quality of their scopes' build, while Vortex has the price advantage. Both brands have excellent reputations, even with Vortex's relative lack of experience. Ultimately, if you're in the market for a scope, your choice will probably come down to personal preference.
Allen Company Allen Gear Fit Pursuit Bruiser Rifle Case for Deer Hunting, Mossy Oak Break-Up Country, 48", Model:945-48
- Designed for whitetail hunters
- Holds scent/cover spray, calls, binoculars and more!
- Fits most rifles up to 48"
- Heavy-duty dual density foam
- Mossy Oak Break-Up Country Camo
- Lightweight and heavy-duty
- No shoulder-strap included
CVLIFE Hunting Rifle Scope 6-24x50 AOE Red and Green Illuminated Gun Scope with Free Mount
- Magnification: 6-24x
- Objective Diameter: 50mm
- Field Of View: 28 ft @ 100 yards
- Click Value: 1/8 inch @ 100 yards
- Illuminated Type of the rifle scope: Red and Green
TRUGLO 4x32mm Compact Rimfire and Air RIfle Scope Series, Duplex Reticle, Black
- Fully-coated lenses provide maximum brightness, clarity, and contrast
- Rubber eye guard; Durable, scratch-resistant, non-reflective matte finish
- Duplex reticle model includes 3/8" scope mounting rings ideal for rimfire and air rifles
Burris 6.5-20 x 50mm Fullfield II Ballistic Mil-dot Rifle Scope
- Features the Ballistic Mil-Dot reticle, ideal for very flat-shooting cartridges; perfect for long-range target shooters, varmint hunters, and tactical marksmen
- Traditional mil-dots can be used for estimating range and target size, and compensating for wind drift
- 50 mm objective allows for maximum light collection
- Parallax adjustment for improved accuracy at long distances
- Popular and premium traditional hunting riflescope at an affordable price
CVLIFE 3-9x40 Optics R4 Reticle Crosshair Scope with 20mm Free Mounts
- Specification: 3-9x40
- Magnification: 3-9x
- Objective Diameter: 1.57
- Exit pupil: 0.2
- Length: 12.20
Nikon Prostaff P3 Predator Hunter 3-9X40 Bdc Predator Riflescope
- Fully Multicoated Optical System
- BDC PREDATOR Reticle
- Hand-Turn 1/4 MOA Adjustments and Spring-Loaded Instant Zero-Reset Turrets
- Rugged One-inch Aircraft Grade Aluminum Main Tube
- Aluminum Quick Focus Eyepiece and Generous, Consistent Eye Relief
Simmons 3-9x40 Whitetail Classic Black Fmcwpblackgranite
- Classic blackgranite texturing for a timeless look
- Configurations designed specifically for deer hunting in every environment
- Fully-multi coated optics for incredible brightness in all lighting conditions
- Large field of view and generous eye relief for extremely comfortable shooting
Leupold VX-Freedom 3-9x40mm Riflescope, Sabot Ballistics Reticle (174184)
- Model #174184 - VX-Freedom 3-9x40mm with UltimateSlam reticle and Matte finish
- 100% Waterproof, fogproof, and shockproof.
- Made with 6061-T6 aircraft quality aluminum and punisher tested to guarantee a lifetime of performance even under harshest recoil
- Twilight Light Management System - Adds up to 10 extra minutes of shooting light and reduces glare for crisp image quality
- Precision 1/4 MOA finger click adjustments for windage and elevation offer absolute repeatability and dependability over a lifetime of extreme use
Vortex Optics Crossfire II 2-7x32 Second Focal Plane, 1-inch Tube Riflescope - Dead-Hold BDC Reticle
- The 2-7x32 Crossfire II riflescope is one of many configurations in the Crossfire II line. The Dead-Hold BDC reticle is good for hunting/shooting at varying ranges where estimating holdover is a concern
- With long eye relief and an ultra-forgiving eye box, you'll be able to quickly get a sight picture and acquire your target. The fast focus eyepiece allows quick and easy reticle focusing
- Anti-reflective, fully multi-coated lenses provide bright and clear views for the user; Max Elevation Adjustment: 60 MOA
- Capped reset turrets are finger adjustable with MOA clicks that can be reset to zero after sighting in
- A single piece tube constructed from aircraft grade aluminum ensures strength and shockproof performance. O-ring sealed and nitrogen purged, the Crossfire II delivers waterproof and fogproof performance
Predator Light with Green Red White LED Hunting Flashlight, Pressure Switch, Rifle Barrel & Scope Mount for Hogs Coyotes Varmints Raccoons Coon Deer Night Hunting (Batteries and Charger Included)
- Super Bright Hunting Flashlight with 3 different color beams - come with 3 Interchangeable CREE LED Bulb Modules: GREEN, RED and WHITE LED modules can be changed in seconds as it simply screws in and out. The brightness and light range is more brighter and further than colored lenses or filters flashlights since the lenses or filters greatly reduce the light output.
- Best high lumen lights for the shooter - Made for Rifle hunter's, the hunting light kit comes in Three different LED colors(RED,GREEN,WHITE),features the powerful Cree XPE2 LED(green and red light is up to 400 Lumens) and XM-L2 LED (White light is up to 2000 luemens). Single mode with 1 high brightness setting is great for hunting.
- Long Range Hunting Predator Light - This Hog light flashlight with Deep reflectors, 2 times deeper than other normal reflectors, gives you a brighter and narrower spill that has a hot spot in the center specialized design for aiming. Green Hog Predator Light reach distances up to 350 yard, Red Coyote Varmint Light up to 400 yard; White Deer Coon Light up to 500 yard.
- Durable and High Quality Hog Predator Coyote night hunting light Kit - The night hunting flashlight is made of aircraft grade aluminum, IPX4 rating water resistant. Comes with hunting gears: pressure switch features momentary-on/constant-on; Quick Release Universal Scope Mount can fit different scope sizes from 1’’ to 30mm; Rifle barrel Mount Picatinny/Weaver style rails attach bipod, flashlight, foregrip, optic accessory.
- White/Red/Green Lights Flashlight Set - the whole set includes 1 x CREE Green Red White LED Flashlight + 2 pack 18650 Rechargeable Lithium Battery(2800mah) + 1 x Dual port battery charger + Dual Control Remote Pressure Switch + Barrel Mount + Scope mount + Carrying Case
8 More Questions Answered
about 900 yards
How to Choose a Riflescope
- Main Tube and Objective Lens. A riflescope's main tube generally measures 1”, 30 mm or 34 mm in diameter. ...
- Glass. When it comes to glass, you get what you pay for; don't expect amazing feats from inexpensive materials. ...
- Reticle and Focal Plane. ...
- Turrets and Adjustments. ...
In a 3-9X40 scope, the 3 means three power, or 3X. This means that the image you see through the scope appears three times (3X) closer than it does with your naked eye. The 9 means nine power, or nine times (9X) closer than it appears with your naked eye. The forty (40) is the objective lens diameter in millimeters.
The Redfield Scopes Limited Lifetime Warranty Every Redfield Scopes product is warranted to be free of defects in material and workmanship for the life of the owner.
Most experts would recommend a 10X magnification for 500 yards in order to give yourself a good shot. You also need to keep in mind that certain situations are going to call for greater magnification specifically when your target is small or the surrounding light conditions are less than perfect.
The Army has officially selected a fresh optic to go with its brand new Precision Sniper Rifle. Oregon-based sightmaker Leupold will furnish the service with its Mark 5HD 5-25×56 rifle scope to use on the Mk 22 Mod 0 PSR that's based on the Barrett MRAD bolt-action multi-caliber system, the company announced last week.
So, for more flexibility with using higher powered optics especially in low light conditions, a 50mm objective lens is the best choice. Another benefit to having a large exit pupil is that you'll have greater flexibility to look through the scope and get on target in a hurry.