The spaces between plants aren't the only spots that can benefit from cleanup with a leaf vacuum. Thanks to their nozzles, vacuums also are excellent for picking up dust and debris from gutters, window wells, and other narrow channels where a broad blast of air might scatter the debris too far.
That said, can I use a shop vac to vacuum leaves?
quickly, then—as long as you're not especially concerned about picking them up just as quickly—it may make sense to use leaf blower/vacs. If pick-up is a concern, use a shop-vac instead. ... Don't be fussy: it's counter-productive to try to round up every last leaf using a leaf blower/vac.
Futhermore, what is the best leaf mulcher? The Best Leaf Mulchers to Clean Up Your Lawn This Fall
- Cordless Handheld. Greenworks 40V Leaf Vacuum. amazon.com. $346.50. ...
- Corded Handheld. Worx WG512 Trivac. $199.95. Buy Now. ...
- Premium Walk-Behind. Billy Goat TKV650SPH. amazon.com. $2,393.60. ...
- Budget Stationary. Worx WG430. amazon.com. ...
- Ride-On. DR Power Premier 200. tractorsupply.com.
For that reason, who makes the best leaf blower vacuum mulcher?
The Best Electric Leaf Mulchers and Shredders
|1||Black + Decker (BV6600)||Our Top Choice|
|2||BLACK+DECKER BV3100||Lightest on our list|
|3||Sun Joe SBJ606E-GA-RED||Great for bad backs|
|4||Toro 51621 UltraPlus||Creates the finest leaf mulch|
Should I get a leaf blower or vacuum?
Collection. One of the biggest advantages of a leaf blower is the speed at which it's able to move leaves and cleaning up a yard full of leaves with a blower is much faster than doing it with a rake. Yard vacuums are also fast, but because vacuums collect leaves rather than simply moving them around slows vacuums down.
Agri-Fab 45-0492 Lawn Sweeper, 44-Inch
- Your purchase includes One Agri-Fab 44-Inch Lawn Sweeper, 45-0492 model
- Lawn Sweeper dimensions: 78” L x 55” W x 52” H | Carton Dimensions: 54.1” L x 18” W x 19.5” H | Brush to Wheel ratio: 5.6:1 | Hooper Capacity: 25 Cu. Ft. | Wheel dimensions: 12” x 3” | Wheel type: Semi-pneumatic | Pallet Qty.: 8 | Weight: 95 lbs
- Height adjustment lever with easy to use indicator will never slip and assures optimum performance
- Improved dump lever can operate without leaving the tractor seat. Entire sweeper folds up without tools saving on storage space
- Brushes should only move during forward rotation. If brushes rotate in both directions, means that the drive pin is jamming the ratchet gear. Disassemble and make sure drive Pin moves freely
WORX WG509 TRIVAC 12 Amp 3-In-1 Electric Blower/Mulcher/Vacuum with Multi-Stage All Metal Mulching System, Black
- LEAF BLOWER, MULCHER & VACUUM: Yard work doesn’t stand a chance with this 3-in-1. And it’s fun to use. Leaves and debris on your lawn won’t be there for long
- QUICKLY SWITCH MODES: Changes from leaf blower to vacuum mode and back again with just the flip of a switch. No tools needed, just you and your Worx TRIVAC
- METAL MULCHER: The metal impeller cuts in two stages, chopping leaves down to an 18:1 mulch ratio – that’s 18 bags of leaves mulched into 1
- 2 SPEEDS FOR DIFFERENT: JOBS 80 mph to 210 mph and 350 CFM. Go slow for pavement or tight corners. Dial it up to 210 on the open lawn
- DO IT YOURSELF. DO IT BETTER. DO IT WITH WORX: WORX tools are engineered with cutting-edge technology, and above modern efficiency standards, so you can build a cost-effective tool collection that’s been designed to last
- ONE-HANDED OPERATION: Believe it or not, the Worx Trivac is designed to be controlled with just one hand. It’s only 8.6 lbs in blower mode, and the ergonomic design funnels the wind in a way that’s easy to handle
- GET HARD TO REACH PLACES: The clever tube design curls up at the lip to get under lawn fixtures and landscaping elements. Perfect for when you’re in vacuum mode
- EXTENSION CORD RETAINER: The 12” electrical cord comes with a retainer attached, so when using an extension cord, it won’t disconnect, even when it gets snagged
- INCLUDES: 350 CFM 12Ah Trivac Blower/Vac, 1.2 Bushel Collection Bag
Hoover Commercial Lightweight Backpack Vacuum, C2401,Black
- Lightweight design weighs less than 10 pounds allows for superior mobility
- Chiropractor designed harness reduces user strain
- Quiet Operation- clean without disrupting the environment around you
- Extra long, 48 foot 3-wire quick change power cord- switch outlets less often between cleans
- Includes an accessory pack with 6" crevice tool, 11" turbo floor tool, 2" dusting brush and 4" upholstery tool
Greenworks 40V 185 MPH Variable Speed Cordless Leaf Blower/Vacuum, 4.0Ah Battery and Charger Included 24322
- 185 MPH / 340 CFM
- Up To 21 Minutes Run-Time On High In Blower Mode
- Brushless Motor Provides More Power, Performance, and Durability
- Variable Speed Dial with Turbo Button - 6 Speed Selections
- Tool-Less Blower To Vacuum Conversion
- Superior Muchling Performance
- Cushioned Overmold Grip
- Includes 40V 4Ah Lithium-Ion Battery (120 Minute Charge Time)
- 4-Year Tool / 2-Year Battery Warranty Protects Your Investment
Earthwise LSW70021 21-Inch Leaf & Grass Push Lawn Sweeper, Width, Black
- 21" brush width yard sweeper
- Leaf Sweeper with spinning rake-like action
- Sturdy and lightweight push leaf sweeper with grass catcher design with superb maneuverability
- Adjustable leaf sweeper rake height for easy and efficient collection of debris
- Leaf sweeper with 80% pick-up on the first pass; Not ideal for collecting rocks, nuts, pinecones, or wet debris
- Need help or have an issue? Earthwise’s customer support is here to help you; Contact Earthwise Customer Support at 1-800-633-1501 for further assistance or questions
DEWALT DCBL722P1 Blower, Black/Yellow
- Up to 450 CFM of air volume and up to 125 Mph with concentrator
- Innovative axial fan design that maximizes on air output and run time
- Low noise during operation - 66 dB(A), ideal for noise sensitive regions and properties
- High-efficiency brushless motor helps extend run time and motor life
- Lightweight and ergonomic design allows for easy control and arm movement
Pool Blaster Max Cordless Rechargeable, Battery-Powered, Pool-Cleaner with 10.5â€ Scrub Brush Head, Large Filter bag, ideal for In-Ground Pool and Above Ground Pools for Leaves, Dirt and Sand & Silt.
- INCREASED POWER: The Max offers increased vacuum suction with the Water Tech P30 Motor design engineered for quick & efficient debris pick-up.
- WHOLE POOL CLEANER: Clean entire pool or Spot-Clean in seconds. Includes a removeable 10.5” vacuum head for general cleaning or simple remove to expose nose cone head for hard to get areas. Ideal for In-Ground pools and Above Ground Pools like Intex
- CAPTURE MORE DIRT: The Max features a large debris capture chamber and strong suction for a variety of cleaning; acorns, twigs, leaves dirt and sand.
- CORDLESS CLEANING: Perfect for quick and easy cleaning in the Swimming pool and Hot Tub or Spa. No hoses or cords needed.
- MORE RUN TIME: The lithium ion battery powered Max is designed to run up to 1 hour. Push-Button operation. Attaches to any standard telescopic pool pole. (telescopic pool pole not included)
Worx Trivac Blower & Mulcher with Leaf Pro
- All-in-One Compact Blower/Mulcher/Vac With Metal Impeller
- 12 Amp Motor
- High Capacity Leaf Collection System and 8 Foot Hose
TACKLIFE Leaf Vacuum, 5 Variable Blow Speed, Leaf Blower Vacuum with 45L Collection Bag, 3 in 1 Blower/Vacuum/Mulcher, KABV35A
- ※【5 Variable Speed】Adjust 5 speeds through the black button on the handle of the machine, meet different job needs. High capacity air suction volume is up to 495 CFM, the air speed is up to175 MPH, which provides strong wind power to make work more efficient
- ※【Upgraded Collection Bag】The side which close to the operator is designed with an internal coating to prevent dust from spilling. Bottom widening design increase the area of force, to better disperse the wind and is more durable. New venting holes are added to prevent clogging and ensure adequate suction
- ※【Lightweight and Ergonomic Design】Adjustable auxiliary handle is comfort to grip, easy for one-hand operation, minimizes stress on your arm. The front end of the pipe is equipped with wheels, which can be placed on the ground for easier operation
- ※【Durable Metal Impeller】Different from the similar products on the market, the design of widening the blade space greatly reduces the possibility of clogging, the work efficiency is higher, and the Shredding Ratio is 15:1. Stainless steel blade, high Impact-Resistant
- ※【Instantly Switching】Featuring an interchangeable tube design, Easy to disassemble without tools. As long as the suction tube installed in the air inlet, put the collection bag at the air outlet, quick & easy convention, go from blowing to vacuuming in seconds
Worx WX030L 20V Power Share Portable Vacuum Cleaner
- [LIGHTWEIGHT DESIGN] Easy to move, easy to store, easy to vacuum in tight spaces, the ultimate in convenient cleaning
- [ATTACHMENTS] Comes with a crevice nozzle and a brush, perfect for getting crumbs out of dashboards or lint off of furniture
- [DO IT ALL WITH THE SAME BATTERY] Worx Power Share is compatible with all Worx 20v and 40v tools, outdoor power and lifestyle products
- [STRONG SUCTION] 10 kPa is a lot of power for its weight class—this tool might be small, but it’s mighty
- [EASY EMPTY] One-touch, no fuss button when the container is full—and the washable triple HEPA filter keeps the dirt from cycling back into the air
- [RETRACTABLE HOSE] Or expandable, depending how you look at, it increases your effective cleaning radius
- [INCLUDES] 20V Cordless Portable Vacuum, 2.0Ah 20V Battery, 2A Charger, Flexible Crevice Nozzle, Brush Attachment
12 More Questions Answered
But you'll want to start in leaf blower mode, and corral the bulk of your leaves into a large pile. ... Lingering leaves, particularly if they're wet, will break down and start to smell funky. The vacuum is also helpful for keeping porches, patios, and decks tidy as trees shed their last leaves of the season.
Look For: Air speeds higher than 150 mph and noise levels less than 70 decibels. (Check local ordinances: Some areas limit noise to less than 65 decibels.)
Top 10 Selling Gas Handheld Leaf Blowers
- ECHO PB-2620 25.4cc 2-Cycle Hand Held Leaf Blower. ...
- ECHO PB-2520 25.4cc 2-Cycle Hand Held Leaf Blower. ...
- ECHO Shred 'n' Vac ES-250AA 25.4cc 2-Cycle Leaf Blower/Vacuum. ...
- Husqvarna 525BX 25.4cc Professional Hand Held Leaf Blower. ...
- Husqvarna 125B 28cc 2-Cycle Hand Held Leaf Blower.
To convert your wet/dry shop vac into a blower:Remove the shop vac motor from the base.Take the hose out of the vacuum port on the shop vac.Insert the hose in the exhaust port of the shop vac.Turn the shop vac on, and use the hose as a blower.
A More Thorough Clean Some dry filters can be cleaned with water, and the same pressure warning holds true for water streams while cleaning. The filter must have time to dry thoroughly before reinstallation or dry debris will quickly clog the filter—or worse, the paper may mold and become unusable.
In general, the preferred choice would be to mulch the tree leaves when you mow the grass. Most deciduous tree leaves are around 2 percent nitrogen, which is the most important nutrient for plants. So, by mulching your tree leaves into your lawn, you are essentially getting a free fertilizer application of nitrogen.
How Much Does a Leaf Mulcher Cost
range from $70 to $150 for light-duty leaf mulchers
. Heavy-duty leaf mulchers
don't cost much
more than that — usually around $175 to $300. Anything pricier is
likely equipped with the power and endurance to be a wood chipper
as well as a leaf mulcher
Leaf mulchers are worth it for someone who doesn't want to use a mulching blade on their mower or wants to speed up the decomposition of the leaves for composting. ... Mulching leaves to use in compost or gardens is a much better solution than sending them in plastic bags to a landfill or burning them.
Dewalt Leaf Blower/Leaf Vacuum.
How to Dispose of LeavesBlow leaves into the woods. If you own woods or fields behind your home, blow leaves into those natural areas where they'll decompose and continue the circle of life. ... Bag 'em. Popular Reads. ... Vacuum them away. ... Let leaves degrade. ... Return leaves to the earth. ... Burn the pile.
If you want the job done fast, a leaf blower is the way to go. In our man-versus-machine rake-off, a handheld blower was twice as twice as fast as a rake. Backpack or wheeled blowers can clear a yard even faster, thanks to their added blowing power.
Electric leaf blowers are low-maintenance machines. They're lighter and quieter than gasoline-powered blowers and easier to start. Light-duty electric sweepers handle driveways, decks and patios, while higher-power electric blowers are good for yards up to a quarter of an acre. Cordless blowers have good mobility.