- The Cobra 75 is the #1 radio we sell to Jeep owners. ...
- The Uniden 510 takes the traditional CB form (radio box + mic), but is one of the smallest CB radios we sell. ...
- If you have the choice, we recommend RG8X coax cable for Jeep installs.
Quite so, what CB channel do Jeeps use?
Whatever the case may be, what is the best CB radio for long range?
- Best All-in-One Unit - Cobra 75 WX ST.
- Best Full-Sized Radio - Cobra 29 Series.
- Best Heavy-Duty Radio - Uniden Pro 510 XL.
- Best Portable Radio - Midland 75-822.
- Best Long Range CB - The Cobra 148 GTL.
- Best Value Radio - Midland 1001 LWX.
Beside, what is the range of a CB radio?
CB radios have a range of about 3 miles (4.8 km) to 20 miles (32 km) depending on terrain, for line of sight communication; however, various radio propagation conditions may intermittently allow communication over much greater distances.
Does CB antenna need to be grounded?
If you're using a standard CB antenna (i.e., anything except a no ground plane, or NGP, kit), you'll need to make sure your antenna mount is solidly grounded to the vehicle's chassis. ... To ensure a good ground, check that your mount has a direct metal-on-metal connection to your vehicle's frame.
Uniden CMX760 Bearcat Off Road Series Compact Mobile CB Radio, 40-Channel Operation, Ultra-Compact for Easy Mounting, Large 7-Color Backlit LCD Display on Mic with Built-in Speaker Mic, Black
- The CMX760 is an Ultra-Compact CB Radio w/ Mic Display and controls. Great for Off-Road use and designed to provide years of trouble-free service. Ultra-Compact for Easy Mounting Just 4 x 4 x 1 Inches.
- Use in Jeeps, trucks, cars or anywhere space is limited or a small CB is desired. If using in a noisy environment (open-air Jeep, diesel truck), an external speaker is recommended, as the compact built-in speaker can be difficult to hear with background noise.
- The Uniden CMX760 represents the highest quality communications device designed for use in the Citizens Band Radio Service. It will operate on any of the 40 CB frequencies authorized by the (FCC).
- "Easy to install, the CMX760 is the perfect ultra-compact size and easy to mount on top or underneath your dashboard or even under the driver’s seat in a vehicle.
- Its rugged components and materials are capable of withstanding harsh environments.
Midland 75-822 40 Channel CB-Way Radio
- Portable CB radio with 40 CB channels, 10 NOAA channels, and 4 Watts of output power
- Power with six AA batteries or included cigarette lighter adapter for mobile use
- Instant access to NOAA Radio, channels 9 and 19; Dual Watch monitors channel 9 and additional channel
- ANL (automatic noise limiter) and squelch control for improving reception and eliminating noise
- One-year manufacturer's warranty
Uniden PRO505XL 40-Channel CB Radio. Pro-Series, Compact Design. Public Address (PA) Function. Instant Emergency Channel 9, External Speaker Jack, Large Easy to Read Display. - Black
- Uniden’s Professional Series PRO505XL is a compact and affordable full 40 channel CB radio featuring CB and Public Address functions with an easy-to-read large backlit LCD display.
- This compact durable radio is easy to use and will fit into virtually any vehicle with its compact size.
- Monitor your transmit power and check the relative strength of incoming transmissions with the built-in Signal/RF Power Indicator, and use the public address function to be heard outside your vehicle with an optional external PA speaker.
- The PRO505XL is ideal for CB users seeking an affordable radio with CB and Public Address functionality, Instant Channel 9 Emergency Button, Channel Up/Down Buttons, and S/RF Meter.
- Built-in External Speaker Jack allows connecting to an optional external speaker. Included in the box: CB Radio, 4 Pin Electret Microphone, Mounting Hardware, Mounting Bracket, User's Manual, Two-Year Warranty.
Rugged Ridge 11503.95 CB Radio Mount for 2007-2018 Jeep Wrangler JK Models
- CB Radio Mount: CB radio mount conveniently mounts over the rearview mirror for easy reach and provides a hidden mounting point for your CB.
- Coated Steel: Made from steel with a durable black powder coat finish. The CB mount is within reach without having to take your eyes off the road or trail. Features a hooked end to secure CB handset cord
- Off-road Accessories: Get serious about off-roading with a variety of tow hooks, hitches and kits that give you a way out in sticky situations. We offer winches, recovery gear, tube doors, mirror kits and more accessories
- Rugged Ridge Jeep Parts: Count on Rugged Ridge to provide you with proven Jeep parts and accessories like bumpers, lift kits, wheels, interior accessories, floor liners and more for varying Jeep models
- Five Year Warranty: Our Rugged Ridge products are covered by an industry leading 5 year warranty and Rugged Ridge Floor Liners have Limited Lifetime Warranties providing customers with repair or replacements subject to certain common exclusion
Cobra HHRT50 Road Trip Cb Radio - Emergency Radio, Travel Essentials, 2-Way Handheld Black Radio with Rooftop Magnet Mount Antenna, NOAA Channels, Dual Watch & 40 Channel Access
- MAGNETIC MOUNT MOBILE ANTENNA - Allows mobile operation from your vehicle. Mount the magnetic antenna to the roof of your car and use your radio easily from inside your vehicle.
- SOUND TRACKER SYSTEM - Don’t miss any important information due to interference or static, with the Sound tracker system cutting 90% of the noise, you'll hear crystal clear communication
- 10 NOAA WEATHER CHANNELS - Be the first to know of incoming hazards or changing weather w/ instant access to NOAA weather channels 24 hours a day and audible tone if an emergency or threatening weather is nearby while monitoring up to 3 channels at once
- DUAL WATCH - select two channels to constantly monitor simultaneously. Keep an ear open for incoming transmissions on multiple channels so you will hear alerts around you.
- GIFT OF CONNECTION - Life on the road can be lonely, but it doesn’t have to be. Stay connected and keep your trucker safe this holiday season with the gift of Cobra CB Radios.
Cobra 19DXIV Professional CB Radio - Instant Channel 9 and 19, 4 Watt Output, Full 40 Channels, LCD Display, RF Gain Control, Compact Design
- 4 WATT POWER OUTPUT - Giving you the best range of communication with the maximum power allowed by law. If you consider yourself a professional driver, this is the CB for you.
- INSTANT CHANNEL 9 AND 19 - Immediate access to Emergency channel 9 and 19 to ensure you're driving safely from the very beginning.
- 40 CHANNEL ACCESS - Navigate the complete range of 40 channels for full coverage of CB stations.
- COMPACT DESIGN – With its efficient, compact design the 19DXIV can easily be installed into almost any vehicle. Everything you need is now in our smallest and easiest to install CB radio package.
- CLEAR COMMUNICATION – RF gain controls pick up signals easily and clearly by adjusting receiver sensitivity to match the incoming signal, and an electret microphone allows for high quality outgoing communications.
Uniden PRO401HH Professional Series 40 Channel Handheld CB Radio, 4 Watts Power with Hi/Low Power Switch, Auto noise cancellation, Belt Clip And Strap Included, 2.75in. x 4.33in. x 8.66in.
- The Uniden PRO401HH delivers the convenience of a handheld CB radio with the security of knowing you have the longest range possible so you can always stay in touch.
- Features a low-power setting to conserve battery life and a high-power setting so you can extend your range When needed.
- Designed for use in the citizens band (CB) radio service, the PRO401HH mobile radio will operate on any of the 40 CB frequencies authorized by the (FCC).
- Whether you're in your car, truck, Van or bike, over the road, camping out or just out hiking the trail, The high performance PRO401HH s you're never out of touch.
- It’s compact and lightweight, weighing approximately 1 pound making it easy to operate with one hand. The design features strategically placed controls and jacks on the top, left, and right side.
- You can use rechargeable (9 AA Ni-MH) or alkaline (9 AA) batteries (not included). The included DC power cable will also charge your AA Ni-MH batteries. A switch inside the battery compartment lets you select rechargeable or alkaline batteries.
- Included Components: Uniden Pro401Hh Handheld Cb Radio
Midland MicroMobile 15W GMRS Two-Way Radio with Integrated Control Microphone
- 2-WAY RADIO - This 2-Way Radio features 15 High Power GMRS channels with 8 repeater channels.
- 50-MILE RANGE - Full 15W Radio with an external magnetic mount antenna for extended range.
- 142 CTCSS/DCS PRIVACY CODES - The privacy codes give you up to 3,124 channel options to block other conversations.
- NOAA WEATHER SCAN + ALERT - NOAA Weather Scan will automatically scan through 10 available weather (WX) band channels and locks onto the strongest weather channel to alert you of severe weather updates. NOAA Weather Alert will sound an alarm indicating that there is a risk of severe weather in your area.
- INCLUDED IN THE BOX - Radio, Fully Integrated Control Microphone, Mount, Detachable Antenna with Magnetic Mount, Microphone, Microphone Holder, 12V Power Cord with Car Power Adapter, Owner's Manual, and Quick Start Guide.
President Electronics BILL CB Radio, 40 Channels AM, 12 Volts, USB 5V/2.1A, Up/Down Channel Selector, Volume Adjustment and ON/OFF, Manual Squelch and ASC, Multi-functions LCD Display, S-meter
- 40 channels AM, 12 Volts, USB 5V/2.1A, Up/down channel selector
- Volume adjustment and ON/OFF, Manual squelch and ASC
- Multi-functions LCD display; ANL filter, NB, HI-CUT, Scan, Beep Function, Roger Beep
- Weather channel with Alert, Microphone Electret or Dynamic, Front microphone plug
- Preset channel programmable, TOT (Time out timer), External loudspeaker jack
Overloaded Jeep Wrangler 75WXST CB Mount for Passenger Grab Bar JK Models 2011 to Present
- Cobra 75WXST CB Radio Mount
- Fits Jeep Wrangler JK Models 2011-Present
- Requires Only 2 Tools!
- Easy Installation
10 More Questions Answered
We always recommend that you get 18 feet of coax even if you don't need that much to attach the radio to the antenna mount. Most CB antennas are somewhat pre-tuned with 18 feet of coax. If you select coax that is shorter or longer than the 18 feet, you might come across some issues with achieving optimal SWR readings.
There's no better vehicle to install a CB in than a pickup truck! Apart from the rugged good looks and functionality a nice CB install adds, the pickup offers the most options when it comes to antenna and radio mounting.
CB Radio Channels Channels 17 and 19 are the two channels most commonly used by truckers; in some areas, those on north- and southbound roads use channel 19, while those on east- and westbound roads communicate on channel 17.
CB radio is simplex communication. This means that the radio is transmitting and receiving on the same frequency. Two radios can't transmit at the same time without them interfering with each other, with the receiver being able to effectively hear neither.
For the most part, CB radios remain in use because they are the norm for truckers who have been working in the industry for the last 10 or 20+ years. While some truckers have resorted to using trucking apps on smartphones to communicate, more advanced radio systems offer a more ideal route.
Though rare, a defective or broken antenna can be the cause of high SWR problems and poor performance.
And yes, the FCC can track where a CB is transmitting from, Heck, they can even tell what kind it is etc.
Any authorized CB radio
frequency is open to all, but some have agreed-upon special purposes. For instance, channel 9
is for emergency use, and channel 19
is used by truckers to report on traffic conditions. Channel 19
is at the middle of the bands, thus has the best antenna
CB radios operate on the on the 27 MHz band. AM radio operates in the 525 to 1705 kHz, and FM operates between 88 to 108 MHZ.