Best Kayak Paddles for Beginners of 2020
- Werner Skagit FG. BEST FOR: RECREATIONAL USE ON FLATWATER.
- Aqua-Bound Manta Ray Posi-Lok. BEST FOR: ATHLETIC TOURING AND WORKOUT PADDLING.
- Bending Branches Angler Classic. BEST FOR: KAYAK FISHING BEGINNERS.
- Werner Camano. BEST FOR: LONGER PADDLING TRIPS.
- Bending Branches Bounce X-Grip. BEST FOR: NO-NONSENSE BEGINNERS.
Then, are expensive kayak paddles worth it?
Short answer: yes, paddles make a difference... although as, DrRabbitt said, it depends on what you're using it for. ... There are some incredibly expensive carbon fiber paddles out there that are super high tech, and will really give you great performance... if you're in a high performance boat.
Further, what is the best kayak paddle? Best Kayak Paddles of 2019:
- Gearlab Akiak Greenland Paddle.
- Aqua-Bound Tango Fiberglass 2-Piece.
- H2O Performance Paddles Crystal-X 2.0 Bent.
- Gearlab Kalleq Greenland Paddle.
- Werner Paddles SKAGIT FG.
- Bending Branches Angler Pro Paddle.
- Aqua-Bound Manta Ray Hybrid.
- Werner Paddles Athena Touring Paddle.
In every way, what is the best size kayak paddle?
32 inches: Look for a paddle between 220 and 240 centimeters in length. 34 inches: Choose a paddle that is between 230 and 250 centimeters long. 36 inches: Find a paddle that falls between 240 and 250 centimeters in length. 38 inches: You will probably be the most comfortable with a paddle that is 250 centimeters long.
How do I choose a kayak paddle?
To choose a kayak paddle, you need to consider four basic ideas:Length: Your boat width and your height determine your paddle length.Materials and price: Lightweight materials improve performance, but add to a paddle's price.Blade choice: Your paddle's blade size and shape affect its overall efficiency in the water.
Pelican Poseidon Paddle 89 in - Aluminum Shaft with Reinforced Fiberglass Blades - Lightweight, Adjustable Kayaks Paddles - Perfect for Kayaking Boating & Kayak Fishing (Yellow/Green, 2020 Model)
- Two sturdy pieces of aluminum construction Impact resistant fiberglass reinforced polypropylene feathered blade design for great durability
- Adjustable drip rings to help keep hands dry for a better grip
- Enforced push-button connection with 0 or 65˚ angle adjustment
- The perfect fit! Our 89 inch (226cm) long paddle is not too short and not too long Perfect for your trips on the water!
- Ovalization The shaft goes from a rounded shape to a slightly oval shape (called indexing) which serves as a reference to where you should be placing your right hand
Wilderness Systems Apex Carbon Angler Kayak Fishing Paddle | Carbon Fiber Blade | Adjustable Carbon Fiber Shaft (240-260cm)
- A strong and durable high-angle blade design delivers plenty of purchase to propel even the heaviest sit-on-top fishing kayak
- Designed to deliver enhanced stroke efficiency and boat control
- Suitable for day trips as well as longer, multi-day excursions
- Adjustable size – 240cm base length expandable up to 260cm
- Integrated line hook and 36” measuring tape on shaft
Apex Carbon Recreation/Touring Kayak Paddle | Carbon Fiber Blade | Adjustable Carbon Fiber Shaft (220-240cm)
- designed to deliver maximum boat control for recreational and touring paddlers
- features a lightweight yet powerful ultra-lightweight carbon fiber foam core blade that works well in any type of water conditions
- delivers crisp, clean and flutter-free strokes without compromising power and efficiency
- adjustable size – 220cm base length expandable up to 240cm
- works well with rec/touring kayaks from wilderness systems and other brands
- Sport type: Kayaking
Bending Branches Whisper 2-Piece Snap-Button Recreational Kayak Paddle; (Aluminium Shaft/Black Blade - 220cm)
- 1st Bullet point : FLUTTER-FREE STROKE: The Whisper enables you to smoothly pull through water and maintain a flutter-free stroke no matter your skill level.
- 2nd Bullet point : ADJUSTABLE CONSTRUCTION: This recreational paddle easily separates into two pieces for compact travel and storage.The Whisper comes with a snug-fitting 3 hole snap-button ferrule that is adjustable for feathering angles 0° and 60°, left or right hand control.
- 3rd Bullet point : PADDLE FARTHER: The fiberglass-reinforced blades offer the perfect balance of weight and durability- for smooth paddling with less fatigue even with a heavy load. Grips are ovalized and the shaft is coated for an all-around comfort grip.
- 4th Bullet point : ALUMINUM SHAFT: Lightweight, strong aluminum shaft has 3M Versafit over the oval grip area for a comfortable, confident hand control and no blisters.
- 5th Bullet point : MADE IN USA: As the world’s largest manufacturer of quality canoe and kayak paddles, our products are built in Northwestern Wisconsin and our company is staffed by paddling enthusiasts. Since 1982, Bending Branches has been producing paddles with a breakage rate of less than 0.03%. Every single component of our paddles is made from durable, lightweight, and reasonably sourced materials.
wonitago Kayak Paddles with Fiberglass Shaft and Nylon Blade, 3-Piece, 230-250CM/90-98 Inches (20cm Adjustable) Blue
- Fiberglass SHAFT KAYAK PADDLE --- The fiberglass shaft contributes to the lightweight of the whole paddle. It’s stiff yet with certain flexibility required to maintain better performance and protect the shaft from breaking under extremely powerful stroke and increases traction and comfort for the hand
- POLYPROPYLENE BLADE --- Our nylon blades has good durability and corrosion resistance, the streamlined design adds power and stability to the stroke while reducing flutter of the paddle
- Adjustable Kayak Paddle --- 3-pieces combined design make the paddle more portable, you can separate it into 3 parts to carry with you more conveniently, and 270° Quick Pin Button Lock makes it easier to assemble fastly and adjust the paddle at any length to fit you perfectly, Paddle total weight is only 2.4lbs (1.1kg), Total length adjustable from 230 to 250CM/90-98 Inches
- Suitable for Almost All Paddlers --- Whether you are a newbie, a casual paddler or a professional paddler, Neolife Paddle will be a good choice for you, This paddle is designed and tested by experienced paddlers. The lightweight really reduces paddler fatigue and makes it easy for virtually anyone to use
- WHY CHOOSE NEOLIFE --- We've been manufacturing paddles for 10 years, We firmly believe that our products will bring you the best experience in paddling. If you're not happy with our products, please contact us and we will provide you with the best solution
BENDING BRANCHES Angler Rise 2-Piece Snap-Button Fishing Kayak Paddle; (Aluminum Shaft/Black Blade - 230cm)
- PERFECT BEGINNER PADDLE: If you’re just getting started in the world of kayaking, fishing, or you’re a “couple times a year” angler, the Angler Rise is the paddle for you. The blade shape enables you to smoothly pull through water and maintain a flutter-free stroke no matter your skill level.
- ADJUSTABLE CONSTRUCTION: This recreational paddle easily separates into two pieces for compact travel and storage.The Angler Rise comes with a snug-fitting 3 hole snap-button ferrule that is adjustable for feathering angles 0° and 60°, left or right hand control.
- PADDLE FURTHER AND LONGER: The polypropylene blades offer a perfect blend of weight and durability, resulting in smooth paddling with less fatigue, even with a heavy load. The grips are ovalized to sit better in your hand and the shaft is coated with your comfort in mind.
- HOOK-RETRIEVAL NOTCH: One blade has a convenient hook-retrieval notch so you can rescue your line and lure in case of a less-than-perfect cast. Get those pesky hooks free again with the hook retrieval system built right into the blade.
- MADE IN USA: As the world’s largest manufacturer of quality canoe and kayak paddles, our products are built in Northwestern Wisconsin and our company is staffed by paddling enthusiasts. Since 1982, Bending Branches has been producing paddles with a breakage rate of less than 0.03%. Every single component of our paddles is made from durable, lightweight, and reasonably sourced materials.
KERCO Angler Pro Carbon Fiber Kayak Fishing Paddle 260cm (Green)
- Carbon fiber shaft with anti slip design pattern
- Build tough with fiberglass reinforced nylon blades
- New blade design with Lure retriever, Dock hook and tree branch hook
- Angle adjustment with three position push-button feather settings and Convenient two piece design for storage
- Actual weigh 37 oz for the length of 260cm
Bending Branches Whisper 2-Piece Snap-Button Recreational Kayak Paddle; (Aluminium Shaft/Black Blade - 230cm)
- 0 and 60 degree left or right ferrule
- Two piece shaft
- Plastic ferrule that won't seize up in sand or salt water
- Drip rings to help keep your cockpit dry
YVLEEN Alloy SUP Paddle - Adjustable Stand Up Paddle Board Paddle - 3-Piece or 4-Piece Floating Kayak Paddle
- HEAVY-DUTY - 4-pieces combination paddle board paddle - It can be separated freely.This paddle is made of high quality aluminium alloy, light in weight, easy to carry, and the aluminium rod is strengthened so that the force will not deform. T-type handle with ergonomic design, good grip, laser scale, more grade, stand up paddle weight is only 2.13lb (968g) ,height adjustable range 68-85inches (175-215cm)
- DOUBLE ABS LOCKING DEVICE DESIGN - 304 stainless steel adjustable screw, special groove of aluminium tube, surface with reinforcing rib, increase strength, use process rod body will not rotate, with unique design, it can be more easily adjusted than most paddle blades, it can be assembled in a few seconds.
- ABS LOCKING DEVICE DESIGN - 304 stainless steel adjustable screw, special groove of aluminium tube, surface with reinforcing rib, increase strength, use process rod body will not rotate, with unique design, it can be more easily adjusted than most paddle blades, it can be assembled in a few seconds.
- TOP-RATED - Equipped with two durable PP + fiberglass paddle blades, the blade has excellent material quality, strong endurance, strong stroke will not soften, more durable, this paddle can maintain a harsh environment, floating in brine and fresh water. so don't worry about losing it even if it falls into the water.
- PURCHASE INCLUDES - We offer 2 Piece Paddle blades, 1 intermediate connecting shaft and 1 T-handle for a total of 4 pieces. If you encounter any quality problems, please feel free to contact our customer team.Our goal is to provide the paddlers with a reasonable price of high quality paddle
YIANO Kayak Paddle Grips Boat Oars Handle Cover Neoprene Soft Protect Hand Blister Prevention Kayaking Accessories 5 Pack Black Color
- Soft Kayak Grips: The stand-up paddle grips designed to reduces blisters and calluses as you enjoy water activities.
- Kayak Oars Grips Cover: Made of Neoprene, Soft and durable. Length: Aprox.30cm/11.8inch, circumference:9cm/3.54inch; Paddle Drip Ring-Inner diameter: 30mm / 1.18inch; Tape width: 0.6inch.
- Easy Installtion: Simply wet the inside of the paddle grip and slide it on the paddle. To remove, wet the paddle shaft and pull off. Note: You need to use the waterproof tape to hold them in the place snugly.
- SIMPLE TO WASH: When they get dirty on the river or sweaty from your hands, the process is simple; all you have to do is wash with mild dish detergent and they’ll be ready to go for your next river, ocean, or lake trip. Unlike grip tape or other similar products, these grippers will be around for every excursion.
- MAKES PADDLING MORE EFFICIENT: They can also act as a training aid for learning the correct positioning on a paddle. By reducing friction on the hands, paddling becomes smoother and more effective with these waterproof accessories while helping to keep your hands blister-free.
5 More Questions Answered
NRS Paddle and Oar Sizing Guide
Low AngleHigh Angle
|Paddler Height||Boat Width||Paddle Length|
|5'0" - 5'10"||21" - 23"||210 cm|
|5'6" - 6'2"||23" - 26"||215 cm|
|Over 6'3"||over 25"||220 cm|
Recreational Kayak Paddles Blade shape can either be elongated symmetrical or asymmetrical. Either an aluminum or fiberglass shaft will work well for a recreational kayaker. You can scope out some of the recreational paddle options available from Old Town here.
To choose the right size paddle for recreational touring:Stand the paddle up vertically so the tear-drop-shaped blade is touching the ground.Reach an arm up above your head and notice where it lands on the paddle.With a properly sized paddle, the T-grip handle will rest in the bend of your wrist.
It should be 6-12 inches up the shaft from the blade, with your big knuckles lined-up with the edge of the blade. Your other hand will hold the shaft an equal distance from the off-blade. (A good way to check the right grip distance for you is to hold the paddle up so the ferrule is resting on your head.
All kayak paddles float. ... While kayak paddles float, they tend to “float” slower than your kayak will. As such, if you drop a kayak paddle into the water you'll watch helplessly as you and your kayak drift away downstream.