One of the most common that people like to use is mothballs. The fact is that pigeons hate the smell. Mothballs don't pose any kind of danger to anyone, including the pigeons, they simply don't like the smell. You can place these liberally around your home, on the roof, under eaves and facades and have great success.
Just the same, what scares pigeons away?
Place plastic owls and rubber snakes strategically around your balcony or porch. This may scare the pigeons. You will need to continually move the owls and snakes, or the pigeons will learn that they are harmless and ignore them.
In addition to that, will aluminum foil keep birds away? Aluminum Foil If birds are disturbing your garden, you can place strips of aluminum foil under the surface of the dirt or around any plants they are bothering. Birds don't like the feel of the foil under their beaks and will stay away.
In every case, what will scare birds away?
5 Home Remedies to Keep Birds Away
- Shiny Objects. Shiny, reflective objects make great deterrents for problematic birds. ...
- Predators. Birds have many natural predators including cats, owls, and larger birds of prey. ...
- Garden Balls. ...
- Bird Spikes. ...
- Repellent Sprays.
What is the best pigeon scarer?
Top 5 Best Pigeon Deterrents
- Avishock electric Track (a permanent solution that works)
- Steel Bird Spikes (a cheaper option)
- Aspectek Polycarbonate Bird Spikes.
- 50ft X 50ft Black Anti-Bird Net.
- JT Eaton Bird Repellent Gel.
Bird B Gone RPL360 360 Bird Repeller, Multicolor
- “Spinning” motion and reflective “predator eyes” work together to scare Birds away and prevent Birds from landing
- Repelled 360 is easy to install, easy to store and no electricity is needed
- Patented, effective bird deterrent design
- Manufactured in USA by Bird B Gone,
- For extra stability or mobility, use Bird B Gone BSBB-SB Bird Repellent Base
Bird B Gone The Bird Repeller - Solar Powered MMRPSLR1
- Uses continuous motion to prevent large birds from landing; covers 5 foot diameter. Refer to the user manual below before use
- Solar powered. Includes 2-AA rechargeable batteries for extended operation during dark periods
- Ideal for AC units, patios, pools, boats, swim platforms, furniture, gazebos and more
- Lightweight, portable, and easy to mount; can be mounted to flat or angled surfaces
- Humane bird control solution! Will not harm birds!
- Solar Powered
- Lightweight / easy to mount
- Can be mounted on flat or angled surfaces
- Sweeps birds continually - covers up to 5' in diameter
- Portable unit with on/off switch
Chephon Upgraded Bird Repellent Discs Set - Large 24PCS Pack- Highly Reflective Double-Sided Bird Repellent Scare Disks, Better Bird Deterrent Product to Keep All Birds Away Like Woodpecker and Pigeon
- ✔ IDEAL for BIRD CONTROL - Protect your gardens, crops, windows, boats, cars and pools from bird damage effectively. Best bird repellent device to scare birds away.
- ✔ SUPERIOR BIRD REFLECTORS - Perfect pigeons, sparrows, geese and woodpecker deterrent with swaying in wind and reflecting more sunshine. Also looks nice in the backyard!
- ✔ UPGRADED VERSION - Each pack has 3 Double-Sided Mirrored more reflective bird deterrent discs. Forget the useless ones with only one reflective side.
- ✔ ECO-FREINDLY - Deter birds without anyharm to them by alarming them of danger.
- ✔ EASY to INSTALL - The smooth edges secure a smooth assembly. Instructions included inside for a more easy installation. Product NOT assembled so you can make your own design.
Galashield Owl Decoy to Scare Birds Away Scarecrow Fake Owl with Rotating Head
- Head rotates in gentle breezes with a fin on the back of the head that acts as a wind vane naturally (can be found inside the owl's body)
- Reflective eyes and detailed body for maximum realism and effectiveness
- Base can be filled with sand for proper weight
- Protects vulnerable garden areas from birds
- 16.5" tall. Material: plastic
Bird B Gone RFLT-1 Reflect-a-Bird Deterrent
- Silent, economical humane bird deterrent
- Uses wind, sunlight, and reflective flashes to scare Birds away
- Great for use on buildings, boats and within agricultural settings
- Made of durable aluminum and plastic for outdoor use
- Angled design (up to 90 degrees) allows reflect-a-bird to be installed in various directions
Bird Repellent Discs - Scare Birds Away 48pcs Bird Scarer Eyes Double Sided Keep Birds Away Disks - Keep Birds Woodpecker Pigeon Away from Repellent Disks
- UPGRADED VERSION: Bird Proof 360 Degrees Reflective and 24 Highly Reflective Double-Sided Bird Repellent Scare Discs with a pair of woodpecker eyes. Laser reflection makes the bird's eyes uncomfortable, We used woodpecker-like eyes and according to proof, the birds were very afraid of red eyes.
- Double Sided Bird Scare Eyes: Prevents birds setting up home in carports and boat docks or feasting on fruit trees. Protect stucco, sidings, cars, boats and gardens from nesting, corrosive bird droppings and other forms of bird damage. Reclaim patios and balconies and save time and money on cleanups and repairs.
- GARDEN GOOD HELPER : Meet the farmers and gardeners secret weapon against birds. the reflective discs is like having your own private scarecrow army to protect your property. This proven and effective repeller works with bird spikes, netting, owl decoy and other bird scaring devices for even greater protection.
- STOP BIRDS USING YOUR PROPERTY AS A BATHROOM: Cleaning up bird mess feels like a never-ending battle. Corrosive bird droppings can damage your mailbox, patio furniture and car. Keep birds away and imagine how much time and money you’ll save on cleaning and repairs with those pesky birds gone for good. Works on hawks, animals, geese, ducks and squirrels.
- EASY TO USE: Just hang it in problem areas where birds might nest with access to wind and light such as carports, gardens, roofs, over crops, trees, backyards, boats, boat docks, patios & balconies.Unlike some others, our disks are Double-Sided Bird Repellent Scare Disks with a pair of woodpecker eyes. Laser reflection makes the bird's eyes uncomfortable, We used woodpecker-like eyes and according to proof, the birds were very afraid of red eyes.
BirdBusters Bird Deterrent Cat Decoy
- Keeps birds off docks and boats, and also works great on grass and around pools
- Simulates a life-like predator
- Contours to irregular surfaces
- Weather-proof & UV resistant
- Unique design, allows the head and tail to move with the motion of the wind
- Easily stored, mounted, dismounted, collapsible
- Made in the USA
Scaregull, Humane Seagull and Bird Scarer. Universal for any type of Yacht or Boat.
- Improved Design For 2018 Includes Retaining System
- Scaregull will keep your boat clear of gulls and birds even in busy marinas. Decks and top sides are kept bird free so less cleaning time and more time on the water.
- Scaregull is a unique, environmentally friendly and completely universal Bird Scarer for any watercraft.
- Scaregull is humane, It does not harm birds it simply stops them landing on your boat.
- Scaregull is class leading in design and performance, robust and long lasting. Scaregull is a must have boating accessory.
Bird B Gone MMSEB Balloon Bird Repellant, 20" D, Bright Yellow
- Inflatable visual scare device
- Confuses birds with life-like, reflective predator eyes
- Ideal for use in fruit trees, patio covers, pool areas, gazebos, boats and more!
- Comes with eyelet on balloon for easy hanging
Bird Repellent Deterrent Discs, The Original Woodpecker Pigeon Crow Hawk Goose Seagull Deterrent Scare Disks, Bird Scarers Repeller Reflector, Keep Birds Away, 24 Reflective Disks
- New bird deterrent discs, great bird control solution, also a nice looking decoration for your house. Birds dislike shiny, moving objects. This disk can swivel 360 degrees easily and reflect different color sunlight to create a flashing and dazzle effect to scare birds away.
- Double-sided holographic reflective bird scare discs, 3 inches in diameter, light deterrent. High quality, more effective, no more birds problem.
- Keep birds away from your house, garden, fence, roof, orchard, yard, lawn, deck, boat, crops etc. Stop unwanted birds from damaging your property. Prevent window strikes from birds. Most birds can be deterred by these scaring disks, such as pigeon hawk crow geese seagull sparrow woodpecker duck etc.
- Easy to use. Just hang it anywhere you need to repel birds. Please note that these discs come in separate piece, ASSEMBLY IS NEEDED, it’s very easy.
- The original holographic bird repellent disks, effect are proved by our customers.
8 More Questions Answered
Best Bird Deterrents We Reviewed:
- Bird-X Stainless Steel Bird Spike Kit.
- Dalen OW6 Gardeneer Natural Enemy Scare Owl.
- De-Bird Bird Repellent Scare Tape.
- Homescape Creations Owl Bird Repellent Holographic.
- Bird Blinder Repellent Scare Rods.
The theory is simple: Owls prey on pigeons and pigeons are not the smartest things on wings. Confronted with something that looks like an owl, a pigeon will assume the worst and fly away. The ruse is hardly new. For years, gardeners and boaters have used fake owls to scare off birds.
Use Starbrite Spider Away (or similar product). This is a product you can use anywhere on or around your boat. Spiders get onto your boat by climbing up your lines, so spray your lines and around the dock area, such as your dock box, fenders and the edge of your dock.
Do Wind Chimes Keep Birds Away? Any unusual or unexpected noises do work to keep birds away, but as soon as they get used to the noise, they'll likely return. Placing wind chimes in your yard may yield temporary results, but it's unlikely that it will work for years to come.
You can use chili peppers, apple cider vinegar, and water to make a homemade bird repellent spray to keep birds off your garden plants. To eliminate bird activity in your yard, spray this spray on your plants and other areas where birds tend to gather to keep them at bay.
With enough white or reflective objects, you're sure to be able to keep birds from pooping on your patio....Which Colors Keep Birds Away?Paint your fence, patio furniture, and/or shed white.Add a white flag or spinning reflective objects like pinwheels.Add a white wind chime.
Tie a shiny bird scare tape, or foil tape, around your berry bushes or plants to deter birds. Birds don't like the movement or the tape's bright reflection.
Decoys like scarecrows, balloons, fake owls and even rubber snakes can be places to keep birds away. This method might work for a while, but generally birds catch on. After a while, they will be get used to whatever decoy you are using. Many times they will turn scarecrows into a comfortable perch.