10 Best Baitcasting Reels [2020 Reviews]
- Shimano Curado DC.
- Lew's Hyper Mag SLP.
- Shimano Chronarch MGL 150. Best Baitcasting Reels Under $200.
- Abu Garcia Revo SX.
- Lew's Tournament Pro Speed Spool LFS.
- 13 Fishing Concept Z.
- Abu Garcia Revo STX. Best Baitcasting Reels Under $150.
- Lew's Tournament MP Speed Spool LFS.
In addition to it, which is better spinning reel or baitcaster?
Baitcast reels can handle heavier line and actually allow for longer casts than spinning gear in the same size range. ... A small spinning reel has a smaller, more narrow spool, which has a hard time with large diameter lines. Small baitcast reels can handle these lines and provide greater casting distance.
Therefore, what is the best Shimano baitcasting reel? 9 Best Shimano Baitcasting Reels - November 2020 Results are Based on 6,192 reviews scanned
1Shimano SLX XT Casting Reel 9.8 View Product
|2||Shimano SLX 150 XT Baitcasting Reels w/ External Control SVS Infinity Braking 9.5 View Product|
|3||Shimano Calcutta B Baitcasting Reels NIB Free/Fast Shipping 9.2 View Product|
On the other hand, what is the best Baitcaster for beginners?
5 best baitcasting reels for beginners reviewed
Model nameBall bearingsOur verdict
|1. Abu Garcia Revo SX||10||Best overall performance|
|2. Piscifun Perseus||6||Best budget option|
|3. Kastking Spartacus||11||Most durable model|
|4. Piscifun Phantom||7||Best lightweight option|
Are expensive Baitcasters worth it?
More expensive models are certainly worth their price when you consider that they are lighter, have better components including drag systems, and tend to balance well with higher end rods. You'll find that you enjoy your time more on the water and probably catch a few fish that a less advanced reel would have lost.
Piscifun Torrent Right Handed 7.1:1 Baitcasting Reel 18LB Carbon Fiber Drag Low Profile Baitcaster Fishing Reel Tournament Baitcast Reels
- POWERFUL- Advanced, 4-washer, gives the low profile baitcasting reel physically powerful 18LB carbon fiber drag to handle the big fish you are after
- DURABLE - Industrial durable-strength, climate-resistant Japanese Hami cut 3604 brass gears, these are all top quality gears you expect for baitcaster fishing reels
- PERFORMANCE - Low profile design bait caster featuring 7.1:1 gear ratios specifically designed for the versatile angler. The Super Silent high speed 7.1:1 Gear Ratio baitcasting fishing reel is perfect for getting fish quickly out of cover and faster fishing tactics
- UNIQUE - Unique side-plate oil port for prolonged maintenance for Novice to Pro to maximize your baitcast reel life and performance
- UNPARALLELED - Strong double wind shafts and backlash-eliminating 0-10 magnetic dial-in settings
KastKing Royale Legend II Baitcasting Reels, Gear Ratio 7.2:1, Right Handed Fishing Reel
- NEW COMPACT DESIGN - KastKing Royale Legend Series has been anglers’ favorite baitcasters since 2014. Royale Legend II Baitcasting Reels are totally redesigned for comfort and super performance! It’s a compact size low profile baitcaster fishing reel combined with a concealed side cover release that makes the reel comfortable even after thousands of casts during a day of fishing.
- LEGACY CARRY-ON AND BEYOND – The new Royale Legend II casting reel has carried the legacy and set a new bar for performance and durability. For the first time, KastKing implements the double bearing supported pinion gear technology to a $40 reel, that delivers a 35% increase in smoothness under load compared to the original Royale Legend. This new design structure increases durability by an astounding 30%.
- FASTER AND LIGHTER - Royale Legend II provides faster gear ratios than the previous models. The new 5.4:1 gear ratio model is perfect for crankbaits or slower presentations, while the 7.2:1 gear ratio model that quickly picks up fishing line at 29.8” per turn is great for pitching jigs or burning baits at high speed. Compact design also saves weights for Royale Legend II, making it just 7.2oz, which is lighter than most of graphite side covers and frame casting reels available today.
- STRONGER - KastKing’s new Royale Legend II casting reels are equipped with an extra-hard stainless steel main shaft, Hamai precision machined brass gears, diamond shape ceramic line guide and CNC aluminum spools for strength and durability. Combine those high-end features with a quadruple disc carbon drag that delivers a fishing stopping 17.6 lbs of drag and an incredibly low price, and you have the best value in baitcasting reels available today.
- CROSS-FIRE MAGNETIC BRAKING SYSTEM - To avoid time consuming and frustrating overruns and backlashes, the new Royale Legend II fishing reels include a newly designed, dynamic magnetic braking system with 8 magnetic buttons, compared to only 5 or 6 on most other reels. Royale Legend II’s ten-level adjustable braking system eliminates casting issues while maximizing casting distance and fishing line control in windy conditions. Say goodbye to overruns and hello to more fish in the boat.
KastKing Spartacus Plus Baitcasting Fishing Reel,Rubber Cork Version,Right Handed Reel
- NEW features added - Like its gladiator name, the Spartacus bait casting reel is a warrior! KastKing Spartacus bait casting reel has the dynamic features you need in the battle for your personal best.
- POWERFUL - You will love the exceptional micro-cast dual centrifugal and magnetic brakes. Plus tournament ready carbon fiber drag with 17.5 LBs of trophy fish stopping power, make the Spartacus bait caster a strong contender.
- SMOOTH - A Spartacus bait casting reel has: superior shielded 11 + 1 corrosion resistant ball bearings, CNC machined aluminum spool for smooth casting, powerful precision matched brass gears, and KastKing logo embossed hi-grade rubber cork handle knobs.
- NO MERCY - A KastKing Spartacus bait caster fishing reel with its versatile 6.3:1 gear ratio create an exceptional bait casting weapon in your fishing tackle collection that will save you money and bring you years of fishing pleasure.
- GAME CHANGER - Go beyond the limits with this phenomenal, yet affordable new Spartacus bait cast reel that is smoother and more powerful than any other brand bait casters in its price range.
KastKing Royale Legend GT Baitcasting Reels,Right Handed Fishing Reel,7.2:1 Gear Ratio
- NEW DESIGN KastKing Royale Legend GT (Grand Touch) baitcaster reels puts you first with outstanding performance, great looks, superb comfort and feel at an affordable price. You will love the carryover low profile casting reel design from the KastKing Royale Legend II fishing reel. One look and you know this is the baitcast reel you!
- ALL ABOUT THE FEEL KastKing developed incredible synthetic soft grip handles for the Royale Legend GT casting reel. Their remarkable feel led to the name, “Grand Touch.” It will give you a great grip in any situation and allows you to fish all day long with a comfortable grip. Grand Touch handle grips are mounted on a strong 95.5 mm 6061 aluminum alloy handle.
- OUTSTANDING FEATURES 8 cross-fire magnets for baitcaster braking efficiency and superior casting control, a low profile palmable of just 1.65 inch height above the reel seat and a total weight of only 7.2 ounces. Combine those fishing tournament features with a quadruple disc carbon drag that delivers a whopper stopping 17.6 lbs of drag for an incredible value in baitcasting reels.
- BUILT FOR PERFORMANCE AND ENDURANCE 5 + 1 Double Shielded Stainless Steel Bearings, Hamai precision cut brass 37 mm main gear, brass pinion gear, brass main shaft, nickel-plated brass worm shaft, stainless steel hardware, a sweet spot 7.2:1 gear ratio with 29.8” IPT for quick line pick up, smooth ceramic line guide. Line Capacity Mono (Lbs/Yds):10/130,12/110,14/9, Braid: (Lbs/Yds): 40/130, 50/110, 65/90
- DAZZLING LOOKS KastKing Royale Legend GT fishing reels have a stunning matte red finish on the frame and trim with sleek gloss black side covers, and a black and red anodized aluminum spool that will turn heads at any fishing hole or bass fishing tournament. Available in right hand and left hand models, this baitcast reel can be used for freshwater or saltwater fishing.
Lews Fishing SS1SHA Speed Spool LFS Baitcasting Reel, 7.5: 1 Gear Ratio, 9Ss+1Rb Bearings, Right Hand
- 1-piece aluminum frame with easily removable palming graphite sideplate
- Drilled, machine forged and anodized aluminum 34 millimeter spool
- High strength solid brass speed gears, cut on precision Hamai CNC gear hobbling machines
Abu Garcia PMAX3 Pro Max Low-Profile Baitcast Fishing Reel
- One piece graphite frame and graphite site plates
- 7 stainless steel ball bearings + 1 roller bearing
- Clear Tip design delivers added responsiveness and strength
- Duragear brass gear
- MagTrax brake system
- High density EVA handles
- Machined double anodized aluminum spool
Shimano SLX 150, Low Profile Baitcasting Reel
- The Shimano SLX is an incredibly sleek looking baitcaster with a stunning matte black finish and beautiful blue accents
- This reel is 22% more compact than the Caenan Baitcaster but its small size does not mean it lacks in strength; and with an amazing 150 PowerPro line capacity for such a compact reel
- Packed into Shimano's signature HAGANE metal reel body; this reel is highly rigid with incredible body stiffness and the impact resistane provided by the HAGANE body virtually eliminates body flexing
- Featuring 6 Pin VBS adjustments encased under an easy access side plate which allows you to set the reel and cast control for whatever lure you are using under any weather conditions
- Available in various retreive options for both the right hand and left handed models; Regular Gear at 6.3:1; High Gear at 7.2:1; and Extra High Gear at 8.2:1
Lew's Mach I Baitcast SLP 7.5:1-1 6'10 Med Hvy Rigth Hand Baitcast Combo
- Lew's Mach 1 speed spool combo: Baitcast reel features a 1-piece lightweight SLP graphite frame and side plates with 3 drain ports
- Zero reverse: Reel features premium 8 bearing system with stainless steel double shielded bearings and zero reverse one-way clutch
- Speed gears: Baitcasting reel features high strength solid brass Speed Gears, cut on precision Hamai CNC gear hobbing machines
- Multi-setting brake (MSB): Externally-adjustable dual cast control system utilizing both an external click-dial for setting the magnetic brake, plus 4 individually disengage-able disk-mounted internal brake shoes that operate on centrifugal force
- Baitcasting reel: Reel features a machined, double anodized aluminum, 32 millimeter deep spool, a double anodized, aluminum drag star with audible click and a durable Rulon drag system which provides up to 15 pounds of drag power
- Fishing reel: The baitcast reel includes a 95mm bowed, anodized, bowed aluminum handle with LEW'S Combat Grip paddles, a double anodized, aluminum spool tension cap with audible click and a Combat Grip thumb bar
- Baitcast combo: Features a one-piece IM8 graphite blank with Nano technology
- Fishing rod: Guides are constructed with durable stainless steel frames and aluminum oxide inserts
- Baitcasting rod: Includes LEW'S custom lightweight graphite skeletal reel seat, a Winn Dri-Tac grip with EVA butt and LEW'S patented “No Foul” hook keeper
- Lew's fishing gear: Compare LEW'S baitcasting reels, spinning reels, baitcast combos and spinning combos to fishing gear from Abu Garcia, KastKing, Seaguar, Okuma, Ugly Stik, Penn, Wakeman, Shimano, Piscifun, Berkley, Bass Master, Shakespeare and Zebco
Piscifun Alijoz Size 300 Baitcasting Reels Low Profile Baitcaster Aluminum Frame Baitcast Fishing Reel, 33lb Drag 8.1:1 Gear Ratio Freshwater Saltwater Power Handle Casting Reels (Right Handed)
- Durable - The Piscifun Alijoz size 300 baitcasting reel designed with premium aluminum frame and gear side plate which provide incredible durability to handle the biggest freshwater fish
- Incredibly Powerful & Strong - Boasts with an incredible 33Lbs of drag and HUGE Hamai cut hardened brass gearing to handle fish way out of its league, the Alijoz is built for big fish and big swimbaits which make it a great inshore saltwater baitcasting fishing reel
- Top in Class Components - Loaded with high end components, Alijoz 300 baitcasting reels are a next level baitcaster reels for pro fishing tournaments. Alijoz features 8 double shielded stainless steel bearings and one instant anti reverse paired with Hamai cut hardened brass main gear and pinion gear to ensure the durability, low noise as well as smoothness
- Multiple Choices - Alijoz 300 baitcast reels come with 5.9:1 and 8.1:1 gear ratios options with different color coated features make it a multi adaptation fishing reel. You can also select ordinary double handle or strong power handle according to personal preferences
- Ergonomic and Innovative - Piscifun Alijoz 300 baitcasting reel comes with a super easy to access thumb bar engage button on the gear side plate which helps you bump back the thumb bar without cranking the handle. The super sturdy line wrap spool eliminates using mono as backing. Double shafts support line guide system greatly increases the stability and durability. 8 effective magnetic braking system prevents overruns and backlash. Inner wrapped thumb bar pad give you better comfort
Lew's Classic Pro Speed Spool SLP 7.5:1 Right Hand Baitcast Reel (CP1SH)
- Sport type: Fishing
- Anodized, aluminum spool tension cap. Zirconia line guide
- A 95MM bowed, anodized, bowed aluminum handle with Lew's custom paddle knobs
- Machine, anodized, large capacity aluminum 32mm spool. Graphite drag star.Durable Rulon drag system, provides up to 15lbs. of drag power
9 More Questions Answered
Choosing the Right Baitcasting Reel
- Find the Right Gear Ratio. One of the first things you will need to do is find the right gear ratio—a factor that affects the speed of your lure retrieve. ...
- Spool Size. Next, you will want to look at the reel's spool size. ...
- Remember that Comfort is Key. ...
- Excellent Fishing Shirts from Huk.
spinnerbaits, or fishing in heavy weeds where you need strong line, Nels recommends baitcasters because they have more torque and handle heavy line better. ... Baitcaster's are also more comfortable when pulling the rod tip down to side, as you would when fishing a jerkbait or Zara Spook.
Benefits of the Baitcaster Afford better line control than spinning reels, allowing for more accurate casts. Allow you to slow down the lure so it softly falls into the water without spooking nearby fish, important when flipping baits into cover.
The simple answer is yes, you can use a baitcaster to fish for trout. You can use them to troll with or to cast from shore, and I actually do prefer using them over spinning or other fishing rods. ... We'll cover what baitcaster I like best, what fishing line I normally use, the perfect lures/baits, and a few other tips.
There are times, though, when if you could only reach out a few more yards ... According to a lot of great anglers, extending your range 10 to 15 yards is very doable for most of us. Casts out to 50, 55 or even 60 yards are in the ballpark if we gear up and get the mechanics of the cast just right, these pros tell us.
What reels do pro bass fishermen use? There are five kinds of reels: spinning, baitcasting, Alvey, fly, and overhead reels.
Probably The Most Expensive Baitcaster Reel on Amazon:
- Shimano Antares Bait Casting Fishing Reel.
- Shimano Curado I Reel.
- Shimano Metanium MGL Casting Reel.
- Abu Garcia Revo Mg Xtreme Low Profile Reel.
- Shimano Aldebaran Bait Casting Fishing Reel.
- Lews Fishing Pro-Ti Speed Spool SLP Casting Reel.
- Abu Garcia Revo Toro Baitcast Fishing Reel.
Best Monofilament Line For Baitcaster: Berkley Trilene XL Mono. Best Fluorocarbon Line For Baitcaster: Kastking FluoroKote....Top 3 - Best Braided Fishing Lines For BaitcasterSuffix 832 Braid. ... KastKing Superpower Braided Fishing Line. ... Stren Braided Fishing Line.
Kastking Legend and Whitemax baitcasting reel are one of the best heavy-duty baitcasting reels out there on the market. With a reel drag of 17.5 lbs, no other reel compares to it. This provides it with a groundbreaking performance that truly makes it stand out.