The Street/Strip 700R4 is good for about 550 hp maximum, but with the HD input drum it is good for about 625 hp max.
As a result, is the 700r4 transmission any good?
The 700R4, produced by General Motors/Hydramatic, is considered one of the best overdrive transmissions ever made. ... This transmission had a lower first gear ratio, which was good for performance at low vehicle speeds, while the 30% overdrive provided significant fuel economy improvement.
At the least, what year is the best 700r4 transmission? 1987
Long story short, which transmission is better 700r4 or 4l60e?
700R4: The Good And The Bad. Shifting over to the 4L60E side, the main advantage of this transmission is that electronics eliminate the need for a TV cable and that whirling dervish of weights and springs to establish shift control.
Is a 700r4 better than a th400?
The TH400 is much stronger, but it doesn't have overdrive and the first gear is only 2.48:1. The 700R4 has an overdrive gear (0.7:1), and a 3.06:1 first gear, but it's not as strong. So it depends on what your using it for and how much power you have.
ATSG 700R4 (1987-1993) GM Transmission Repair Manual (700R4 Torque Converter 700r4 Transmission Rebuild Kit Best Repair Book Available!)
- The ATSG 4L60 (700-R4) Technical Manual covers assembly, dis-assembly, diagnosis, and troubleshooting.
TCI 616541 FAST-GATE Shifter
- Fit type: Vehicle Specific
- Package Dimensions: 50.8 H x 20.574 L x 27.94 W (centimeters)
- Country of Origin : China
- Package Weight: 3.946 kilograms
TCI 311038 Sizzler Transmission
- 1969-79 GM TH350
- Non Lock-up
- 6'' Tailshaft
- Chevy V8 & 4.3L V6 (475 HP) Also Available in Package 890-311038P1. Includes Converter, Trans Cooler, Dipstick, & Fluid
TCI 211000 TH400 StreetFighter for Chevrolet Engines
- 1964-1991 TH400 (Non Variable).
- 50 pounds
- All Chevy Engines (725).
- Tailshaft: 4" Also Available in Packages 890-211000P1, 890-211000P2, 890-211000P3. Includes Converter, Trans Cooler, Dipstick
- Fit type: Vehicle Specific
Assault Racing Products A9712BK GM 700R4 4L60E Black Automatic Transmission Pan Extra Capacity
- Painted Black
- 3 5/8 in Depth
- Drain Plug Included
- Capacity: Stock + 3qts
- Does not fit stepped pan applications or Corvette with dipstick tube in pan
4L60E Transmission Rebuild Kit Heavy Duty Master Kit with 3-4 Power-pack
- World Wide Parts Outlet is the ONLY ALTO authorized distributor of this custom kit.
- For Rebuilds of 1997-2003 GM 4L60E transmissions.
- All HEG Frictions NOT Stock Tan materiel "True Heavy Duty Plates" Custom Friction Steel Module Alto#057750GX
- Includes The Alto 3-4 Power Pack "increases the stock 3-4 clutch stack" to 30% greater holding capacity & durability.
- For Deep pan Units Only "If you have shallow pan filter or Corvette Pan filter will not be correct"
Inline Tube CTT8141 Compatible with 1981-87 Chevy K10 K20 GMC Pickup Truck Trans Transmission Cooler Lines 4X4 OEM OE Steel (W 3 7)
TCI 311000 TH350 StreetFighter Transmission for Chevrolet 4.3 and V8 Engines w/ 6 in Shaft
- the street machine standard - tci streetfighter transmissions are the industry standard transmission choice for high horsepower, street-driven vehicles with 400-675 hp. specially selected quality components ensure less slippage and faster shifts.
- faster shifts = lower et's - the streetfighter transmission features a manual/automatic valve body, allowing you to manually shift the vehicle or to allow automatic shifting functionality by placing the shifter in the drive position. automatic shifting delivers racetrack shifts, shaving time off your et's.
- quality components, improved lubrication, higher line pressure - streetfighter transmissions are equipped with special clutches and bands, along with new sprags/roller clutches for increased torque capacity. higher line pressure delivers extra firm shifts and torque capacity, while improved lubrication increases fluid sent to planetaries and internals.
- the best quality - all tci transmissions feature a breakthrough heat dissipating technology coating for the best dissipation in heat in the industry. transmissions are triple-tested to meet strict quality standards
- made in ashland, mississippi, usa
- Fit type: Vehicle Specific
Shift Rite Transmissions replacement for 46RE 1996-1999 STAGE 1 4X4 TRANSMISSION 5.2L / 5.9L GAS Shift Rite 46RE
- Remanufactured 1996-1999 46RE STAGE 1 4X4
- Torque converter is included! Updates to the overdrive snap ring, Updated sonnax reverse servo pin, updated 3/4 accumulator piston and more!
- 1 Year 36,000 Mile Warranty. We offer an extended Warranty 2 Year 50,000 Mile Warranty, or a 3 Year 100,000 Mile Warranty for an additional charge.
- All new gaskets, seals, metal clad seals, sealing rings, paper and rubber, and much more! NOTHING REUSED!
- CORE CHARGE is included in the price! CALL AHEAD!! THANKS! Phone/Fax: (815) 9 3 5-2 3 5 6
TORCO GM Chevy GMC Stock 12" Torque Converter 1985-1997 - 4L60 4L60E 700R4 700-1 year warranty
- Diameter : 12" (1985-1997 - 4.3L 5.0L 5.7L engine)
- Mount : 3 pads
- Spline : 30
- Unlimited Miles 1 Year Warranty
- Please TEXT with any question 562 644 1534. After purchase, please provide your vehicle info: YEAR, MAKE, MODEL, ENGINE SIZE so that we can confirm correct fit : Please EMAIL US or TEXT to 562 644 1534.
5 More Questions Answered
The 700R4 can
be built to handle
600 - 700 HP fairly easy with the right parts and the right torque converter
as long as you start with a 1988 & later transmission. If you are going to have more than 750 horsepower, and you have a choice of transmission, then the 4L80E would be the way to go.
They are stronger than most want to admit. Good luck with your decision! Neither a stock TH-350, TH-200-4R nor a TH-700R4 will support 500hp and associated torque as originally built. . But a TH350 will support 500hp without having to replace any hard parts.
The only difference between the two is how lazy the speaker or typer is. Myself, I'm a lazy typer and just use "700." If it's a 4 spd than it's a "700."
If the transmission is in park you can run the engine without worrying about the TV connection.
What causes slippage? Low fluid levels – The most common cause for slipping is low fluid levels. Low fluid levels can create a number of problems, such as overheating and not enough hydraulic pressure being produced to engage gears. Bands are what links the gears in the automatic transmission together.