Determine your monitor's main purpose: gaming, professional or general use. Generally, gamers should prioritize fast refresh rates and low response times, professionals should prioritize color accuracy and general use users have less specific needs but will often opt for a monitor with a high-contrast VA panel.
Furthermore, what is the best inexpensive computer monitor?
The best cheap monitors you can buy today
- Acer KG251Q bmiix monitor. Best cheap monitor overall. ...
- ViewSonic VP2458 Professional 24-inch monitor. ...
- ASUS VS228H-P monitor. ...
- AOC C24G1 24" Curved Frameless Gaming Monitor. ...
- HP Omen Monitor. ...
- Dell P2219H monitor. ...
- Dell SE2417HG monitor. ...
- Asus VS248H monitor.
One way or another, does 1080p look good on a 27 monitor? If every pixel matters to you, you should spring for the more expensive 1440p displays. But if you're just going to be browsing the net, watching YouTube videos, doing some light image or video editing, or playing games and movies, a cheap $250–300 IPS LED 27 inch 1080p display will do good by you.
In spite of that, what is the best 27 inch monitor to buy?
The Acer Predator X27 is the best 27 inch monitor for viewing HDR content we've tested. Although this is an expensive model, it supports HDR10, and it's a great overall 4k monitor with outstanding picture quality in HDR, even as good as some TVs. It has one of the best HDR color gamuts we've tested.
What is the best monitor under 200?
Best monitors under $200 you can get right now
- LG 27ML600M-B 27-inch FHD IPS FreeSync display. $187 at Adorama.
- Dell SE2719HR 27-inch FHD IPS FreeSync display. $200 at Best Buy.
- BenQ EW2780 27-inch FHD IPS FreeSync display. $178 at Amazon.
- Asus ProArt PA248QV. $195 at Amazon.
- Auzai ME16Z01 15.6-inch FHD Portable USB-C Display. $190 at Amazon.
Sceptre IPS 27-Inch Business Computer Monitor 1080p 75Hz with HDMI VGA Build-in Speakers, Machine Black 2020 (e275W-FPT)
- Wide Viewing Angles: Wide viewing angles keep all the action sharply in sight from almost any viewing position while gaming on large monitors or dual-display setup.
- Fast Response Time: Playing fast action games and watching action adventure movies always require fast and accurate pixel response from an LED. With quick response times, ghosting and blurring are reduced so the user can enjoy the display with clarity and precision.
- Multiple Ports: Two HDMI ports and one VGA port provide up to 75HZ refresh rate, refining picture clarity in all action-packed gaming sequences and graphic design projects. Audio In and a Headphone Jack provide diverse audio options.
- Edgeless Design: Edgeless Design completely immerses you in all the captivating action and wondrous scenery that 1080P resolution and 75Hz refresh rate have to offer.
- 99% sRGB Color Gamut: With 99% sRGB, our display reveals an astonishing brightness and variance in red, green, and blue color across a wide gamut, providing a more defined and naturalistic display of color in every image.
- Blue Light Shift: Reduce your monitors blue light to protect you from eye fatigue, irritation and strains. This enables you to work on your documents, watch movies, or play games more comfortably for extended periods.
- Anti-Flicker: Provides a crisper picture by preventing the backlight from flickering periodically.
Sceptre E275W-19203R 27" Ultra Thin 1080P LED Monitor 2X HDMI VGA Build-In Speakers, Metallic Black 2018
- 27" Led 1080P monitor with high resolution 1920 x 1080
- Refresh Rate up to 75Hz
- 2 x HDMI port (convertible to DVI)
- Vesa wall mount pattern
- Ultra slim Metallic Black
- Mounting Type: VESA hole pattern 100mm x 100mm
Dell 27 LED backlit LCD Monitor SE2719H IPS Full HD 1080p 1920 x 1080 at 60 Hz HDMI VGA,Black
- Device Type - LED-backlit LCD monitor - 27", Aspect Ratio -16:9, Contrast Ratio - 1000:1
- Panel Type - IPS, Full HD (1080p) 1920 x 1080 at 60 Hz, Response Time - 8 ms (grey-to-grey normal); 5 ms (grey-to-grey fast)
- Input Connectors - HDMI, VGA
- Does NOT have VESA Mount
Acer KB272HL Hbi 27â€ Full HD (1920 x 1080) Monitor with AMD Radeon FREESYNC Technology, 75Hz, 1ms (VRB) (HDMI Port 1.4 & VGA Port)
- "27" full hd (1920 x 1080) widescreen va monitor with amd radeon freesync technology"
- response time: 1ms vrb
- zero frame design
- refresh rate: 75hz
- ports: 1 x hdmi port & 1 x vga (vga cable included)
- Display technology: LED
HP M27ha FHD Monitor - Full HD Monitor (1920 x 1080p) - IPS Panel and Built-in Audio - VESA Compatible 27-inch Monitor Designed for Comfortable Viewing with Height and Pivot Adjustment - (22H94AA#ABA)
- OPTIMIZED SCREEN – Get high-quality pictures on a full HD display with an IPS panel and 27-inches of ultra-wide viewing angles (1920 x 1080 resolution)
- EASY ON THE EYES – Work long into the night without any eye strain with HP Low Blue Light software designed for greater eye comfort
- ADJUSTABLE VIEWING – Find your best view as the 3-sided micro-edge bezel display gives you unlimited sightlines, 100mm of height adjustment, and 90° pivot rotation
- FULLY INTEGRATED AUDIO – Enjoy all your multimedia with a monitor that has convenient stereo audio right on the display
- VESA COMPATIBILITY – The 100mm VESA pattern gives you plenty of options for mounting your monitor on whatever wall or desk suits your fancy
- PORTS-A-PLENTY – Link up all your devices for a seamless multi-display setup with HDMI, DisplayPort, and VGA ports as well as an audio input
- WARRANTY – Enjoy a one-year limited warranty
Samsung CF390 Series 27 inch FHD 1920x1080 Curved Desktop Monitor for Business, HDMI, VGA, VESA mountable, 3-Year Warranty, TAA (C27F390FHN), Black
- 27-inch desktop business monitor with 1800R ultra-curved screen; provides an immersive, natural viewing experience for enhanced productivity and reduced eye fatigue
- Full HD 1920 x 1080 resolution with a 16:9 aspect ratio. Samsung VA panel delivers deep blacks, vivid colors, and a wide viewing angle, while Eye Saver Mode and Flicker-Free technology help minimize eye strain during long working hours
- Easy connectivity: HDMI input for high-speed devices and VGA for legacy applications
- Slim, VESA-mountable panel is suitable for multi-screen workstations. Tilt adjustable stand with small footprint fits onto any desktop
- 3-Year Business Warranty with extended warranties available for purchase, TAA Compliant for Federal Government Customers
SAMSUNG LC27F398FWNXZA SAMSUNG C27F398 27 Inch Curved LED Monitor
- Industry leading 1800R screen curvature for immersive viewing
- Easy setup process, leveraging inside-out tracking (no additional tracking equipment necessary)
- Rapid 4ms response time for a clear picture during fast moving scenes
- Color gamut (NTSC 1976): 72 percent, brightness minimum: 200cd/m2; Windows Compatible: Windows 10. Outputs: Audio / Headphone (3.5 millimeter)
- Product Dimensions Without Stand: 24.5 inch x 14.5 inch x 3.2 inch; With Stand: 24.5 inch x 18.4 inch x 9.6 inch
- Refresh Rate is 60 Hertz
Asus VA27EHE Eye Care Monitor Full HD,Black,27" Frameless
- 27-Inch full HD (1920x1080) LED backlight display with IPS 178° wide viewing angle panel and a frameless design
- Adaptive-sync technology and refresh rate of up to 75Hz to eliminate Tracing and ensure Super smooth visuals while having crisp and clear video playback
- Asus Eye Care technology features TÜV Rhineland-certified flicker-free and low Blue light technologies to ensure a comfortable viewing experience
- Ergonomic tilt and VESA wall-mountable to save on desktop space
- Connectivity ports HDMI and D-Sub
AOC G2790VX 27" Frameless Gaming Monitor, FHD 1920x1080, 1ms 144Hz, FreeSync Premium, 122% sRGB / 90% DCI-P3, VESA, 3Yr Re-Spawned Zero Dead Pixels, Black, 27 inch Full hd
- 27" Class (27" Viewable) AOC Gaming monitor with 1920x1080 Full HD Resolution VA Panel
- Rapid 1ms response time (MPRT) and 144Hz refresh rate with Adaptive-Sync for smooth competitive gameplay
- 3-sided frameless design with ultra-narrow borders for the ultimate multi-monitor setup
- RE-SPAWNED: 3-year zero-bright-dot, 3-year advance replacement, 1-year (one-time) accidental damage
- 121.94% sRGB & 89.89% DCI-P3 color gamut coverage for accurate color reproduction and life-like images
- DisplayPort, HDMI, VGA inputs with audio line-out for convenience
- VESA mounting capable for flexible mounting options
- AOC LowBlue Mode and FlickerFree for wellbeing during extended gaming sessions
AOC 27B2H 27" Full HD IPS Monitor, 3-Sided Frameless & Ultra Slim Design, HDMI and VGA inputs, Lowblue Mode, VESA compatible,Black
- AOC 27 Inch Full HD 1920x1080 LED-lit monitor
- Streamlined design: 3-sided frameless design with ultra-slim profile for a clean and streamlined look
- Vivid imagery: IPS panel for wide viewing angles and vivid colors with over 100% in sRGB color gamut coverage
- Compatible with most outputs: HDMI x1 (HDMI cable included) and VGA x1 inputs allow for easy connection to most computers. 3.5mm audio-out port built-in for easy connection to your speakers or headphones.
- For your wellbeing: AOC low Blue mode and flicker-free technology helps to reduce harmful Blue spectrum of light and remove Flicker for more comfortable computing sessions
- Flexible mounting options: VESA compatible mounting points (100x100mm)
7 More Questions Answered
27-inch. At normal viewing distance and a 1440p resolution, this would generally provide the best gaming experience. While 24”/1080p is fine, 27”/1440p is undoubtedly the better experience, thanks to the fact that it takes up more of your field of view and boasts a higher resolution.
You can choose the size you prefer however you need to make sure you don't sacrifice the resolution quality. If you are going for large screen size, say a 27-inch screen, you want to consider a higher resolution.
It Really Depends on You. In the end, 1440P won't be worth it for every gamer. Competitive gamers that are working with a tighter budget would probably be better off with a 1080P 144Hz monitor. ... So, if you fall into the categories outlined above, a 1440P monitor would definitely be worth considering for you.
The best monitors for 2020 at a glance:
- The best monitor: Dell P2720DC.
- The best gaming monitor: Acer Predator XB272.
- The best budget monitor: Samsung 27″ SF354.
- The best 4K monitor: Dell Ultrasharp U2720Q.
- The best ultrawide monitor: LG 34WK95U.
- The best 32-inch monitor: BenQ EX3203R.
With wider displays, the curve helps in "wrapping" around you a bit more. Having it curved will make it seem smaller obviously but it gives you a better view especially on bigger monitors. I'd recommend curve on 30inch+ monitors.
Types of computer monitors
- CRT (cathode ray tube) monitors. These monitors employ CRT technology, which was used most commonly in the manufacturing of television screens. ...
- LCD (liquid crystal display) monitors. The LCD monitor incorporates one of the most advanced technologies available today. ...
- LED (light-emitting diodes) monitors.